You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2006-10-18] Sporting Lisbon vs Bayern Munich [V]

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for the match?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:47 am

Sporting Lisbon win
15%
Draw
31%
Bayern Munich win
54%

Total votes : 13

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:05 pm

I've never seen Bayern being dominated so much in play. We deserved to lose this match, but we won. The defence and Kahn were rock solid today.

The referee made some very questionable decisions. He first yellow carded Schweinsteiger for a tackle which was on the ball (when he eventually fouled, he was then sent off), then he booked other Bayern players a bit harshly, but more importantly he was very lenient with Sporting on a number of occasions... one of their players kicked at the back of Sagnol's leg whilst he was on the floor with play stopped, kind of what Podolski did for Germany and got red carded + suspended for 2 matches, but the referee only gave him a yellow card. Then a player elbowed Sagnol in the face and he had to be taken off the pitch in the dying minutes, moments before they opened up Lahm's head in an aerial clash.

Dos Santos shouldn't have played. Karimi has great ball control and would have been able to shield the ball wall and waste time. Instead Dos Santos could have costed us the match, first by missing a sitter after a great individual run by Salihamidzic, and secondly by an inaccurate cross in the dying seconds of the match. It's true that Dos Santos is missing match practice, but I think Magath should be trying to get him in form by playing him in the Bundesliga not in the Champions League.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tracylynn » Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:05 am

MUTU wrote: moments before they opened up Lahm's head in an aerial clash.

:evil: Little Lahm needed protection and I wasn't there to protect him. Ahhhhh!!! I know it sounds weird but I don't like anyone messing with my team in any way.

From what I picked up from the statistic reports, Bayern should've lost but the fact that they did not cave in and fought very hard for that win showed a team, a whole team, at work and a very determined team so I applaud them for their efforts.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bm72 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:18 am

a great result, Bayern are firmly setting their sights on the 2nd round, & more over, it would really be nice if we top the group !!
BAYERN 4EVER
bm72
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby Marko » Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:23 am

This win isn't looking good! It's very bitter,cause next match is with Werder! Hope they'll play more concentrated or else...
:(
strenght to endure
Marko
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby diegis » Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:20 pm

good result, although we didnt play well but a win is a win :D :D ... now lets concentrate on werder game :wink:
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby tracylynn » Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:49 pm

To my surprise, I saw parts of the game last night. I was watching FSC and I decided to turn the channel during a commercial break, and on the Setanta Sports channel (whose programming is never consistent) was the game against Sporting. I was sooo happy but also upset that they decided to air the game at 1:45 in the morning ( I know I should've been in bed).

Anyway, I recorded the match, and I will watch the rest tonight, but from what I saw the officiating was bad. Bayern was playing well until Bastian got the first yellow card (which he did not deserve) and then after that it went down hill. I think the offical was just making calls just to please Sporting because they were complaining about everything, and I think the Bayern players realized that. Even with all the set backs in that game, it's amazing that they won.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby fanOfBayern » Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:49 pm

Marko wrote:This win isn't looking good! It's very bitter,cause next match is with Werder! Hope they'll play more concentrated or else...
:(

We were fantastic until basti lost his mind...
It wont happen with Bremen..We'll definitely play better. But there is every chance that Bremen will play a tad better than us. :D
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby fanOfBayern » Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:51 pm

MUTU wrote:Dos Santos shouldn't have played. Karimi has great ball control and would have been able to shield the ball wall and waste time. Instead Dos Santos could have costed us the match, first by missing a sitter after a great individual run by Salihamidzic, and secondly by an inaccurate cross in the dying seconds of the match. It's true that Dos Santos is missing match practice, but I think Magath should be trying to get him in form by playing him in the Bundesliga not in the Champions League.

I agree....Magath is retarded...how can he play Dos Santos in CL away tie...that too when we are a player down????????
That was a ridiculous sub. Karimi would have been better.
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:30 pm

Last edited by MUTU on Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby fanOfBayern » Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:03 pm

Finally basti does what he has been doing with the national team....scoring goals like there...

that was a terrific long range goal.
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby podolski4life » Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:09 am

fanOfBayern wrote:
We were fantastic until basti lost his mind...
It wont happen with Bremen..We'll definitely play better. But there is every chance that Bremen will play a tad better than us. :D

Basti didn't lose his mind. The first yellow was pretty shaky on the ref’s part, and it really didn’t need to be one. The second one was more convincing and it should have been Basti’s first book. Terrific goal by him though ^^ He got it past the same keeper during the Germany-Portugal match.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:05 am

fanOfBayern wrote:We were fantastic until basti lost his mind...

Bastian only lost his mind during the second half when he really did foul the Lisbon player, and he admitted that it was a mistake. He's so-called first offense (yellow card) wasn't even a foul. It was a clean play and I really do believe that the official called it a foul just to please the Lisbon players since they were crying about everything. Right before Bastian got his first card one of the Lisbon players were complaing about something that no one, even the commentators didn't even know, about and I think the official had enough with it and started giving out the yellow cards.

As for Ricardo, I would've thought that he would've had nightmares about Bastian since Bastian scored twice on him during the World Cup, but I guess I was wrong. I think it's safe to say that Ricardo is having those nightmares now. :D
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby wanaminah » Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:57 am

kudos to bayern...
wanaminah
Getting the hang of it

Postby dracus » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:33 am

It's very disappointing how magath underevalutated the potential of the young bayern team.He in milan that he would be stisfied with a draw and in lisbon he says that bayern is not obliged to dictate play in lisbon.

Just check out the uefa web site and scweini's goal is voted the best with a huge 90% approval ahead of drogba,ruud and others
dracus
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby blasted_soul » Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:23 pm

Hello everyone!
I am portuguese and also a Sporting Clube de Portugal fan

First i want to ask for change "Sporting Lisbon" to Sporting Clube Portugal or Sporting Cp because Sporting didn't have Lisbon on the name ;)

Second i will give you congratulations for your victory against us was a good game with a lot of moments of great football of sporting and of bayern!

I hope Sporting win in Munich :D and then you win against Inter ;)
blasted_soul
Hey, I'm new here!

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League