You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2006-11-22] Spartak Moscow vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Outcome of the match?

Bayern win
85%
Spartak win
No votes
It's a draw
15%

Total votes : 13

[2006-11-22] Spartak Moscow vs Bayern Munich

Postby Mirage » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:48 pm

Predictions?

4-0 last time but that was at home. And it's going to be really cold in Russia so Bayern's performance could easily suffer.

Bayern are already through to the knockout rounds, but a win would be nice so we can make sure to top the group.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Mirage » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:05 pm

I'm voting draw. I just read the grass is artificial so that could prove a few problems, and it is away. Plus Spartak really need to win this match, so their desire could be greater.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby kevh26 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:39 pm

i think that they'll go looking for the win, they want to finish top of the group and this is the best opportunity!
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:04 pm

A couple of things to keep in mind about this game. One being that the game is in Moscow and it will be cold, quite cold. That may or may not be a factor in the game. Secondly, they will be playing on artifical grass. Some players might not have a problem with this but others might. I know the team is practicing on the juniors field so I hope the ones who might not like the grass are able to adjust to it in time.

With that being said a win by Bayern would give them the group and then it would be a questioned about who would get second place (either Sporting or Inter). A win by the team would mean that in the next round they would play one of the group runner-ups and not one of the big boys, such as Chelsea and such.

I'm not going to give a prediction because my last two have been wrong and I don't want to jinx the team.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby bm72 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:12 pm

it wont be an easy game but I recon Bayern will narrowly win.

do u guys think Lucio will start ??
BAYERN 4EVER
bm72
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby bm72 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:24 pm

mind u, Bayern have to win this game so as to be sure of 1st place, coz if we don't then we shall have to beat or draw with Inter in the last game, & that's not going to easy !!
BAYERN 4EVER
bm72
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby MUTU » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:32 pm

true... if I'm not mistaken, Inter only lost the one game this season, against us.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tracylynn » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:03 pm

MUTU wrote:true... if I'm not mistaken, Inter only lost the one game this season, against us.

If I'm not mistaken, Inter lost to Sporting at the start of the Champions League.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:10 pm

tracylynn wrote:If I'm not mistaken, Inter lost to Sporting at the start of the Champions League.

Yes, you're right, my bad.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tracylynn » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:24 pm

I just read on Yahoo Sports that Lahm will not be playing in this game. As a matter of fact, he won't even be in Moscow. He'll be at home watching the game. According to reports, they are giving him a break, and Magath said that there's no pressure on them so they can do this. I agree that he needs a break, Schweinsteiger does too, but I don't want them thinking that since they qualified for the next round that they can just take it easy. It's better to win this game and relax against Inter then do the opposite because Inter is going to fight because it's close battle between them and Sporting for second. If they win this game then they are home free. If they lose and Inter wins then Inter would be just a point behind them and Inter could very well win the group. Even if they tie Spartak Inter can still win the group if they beat Sporting and Bayern.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby kevh26 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:27 pm

that could prove to be a great decision... lahms only 23, he'd otherwise be expected to play in every competitive game, a lot of strain on a younger player!
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby diegis » Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:00 pm

we'll win 0-1 :P
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby podolski4life » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:00 am

Voted Bayern win, but I think it'll be tight. Also read the Lahm article on Yahoo, and the thing that worries me is that Magath says that there's no pressure on them. I hope we won't be taking this game too lightly.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Mirage » Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:22 pm

podolski4life wrote:Voted Bayern win, but I think it'll be tight. Also read the Lahm article on Yahoo, and the thing that worries me is that Magath says that there's no pressure on them. I hope we won't be taking this game too lightly.

The way Magath says that makes it look that way doesn't it :? No I think the players know they must win this game.
We especially need to win it because I'm not sure we'll beat Inter in the last matchday.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Castel » Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:34 pm

I think Bayern will win it but i also think it will be a narrow victory. 1-0 probably with a late second half goal.
Castel
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Next

Return to UEFA Champions League