You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2006-11-22] Spartak Moscow vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Outcome of the match?

Bayern win
85%
Spartak win
No votes
It's a draw
15%

Total votes : 13

Postby Schweini_rules » Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:16 am

win
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Miss Dangerous » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:22 am

MOSCOW (AP) -Bayern Munich plays Spartak Moscow on Wednesday and will advance to the second round as group winner with a victory.

Spartak is bottom of Group B with one point and has never beaten Bayern. The German champion won five of its seven previous matches against Spartak, including a 4-0 rout in the group's opener.

Spartak coach Vladimir Fedotov said his team had learned from that game.

"A surprise strike is a key feature of Bayern," Fedotov said. "It was an even game in Munich and then we conceded four goals."

Bayern leads Group B with 10 points and has already advanced to the last 16. Inter Milan is second with six points and Sporting Lisbon has five.

Spartak will be without injured first-choice goalkeeper Wojciech Kowalewski while Bayern set off for Moscow on Tuesday without Brazil defender Lucio, who recently recovered from an ankle injury.

"Using him would be too risky" on the artificial surface in Moscow, coach Felix Magath said. Bayern is also resting Germany defender Philipp Lahm.

Bayern has midfielder Sebastian Deisler back after a knee injury but the player won't start the match.

Bayern has been training on artificial turf - the surface that will be used at Luzhniki stadium in Moscow - and keeping an eye on the Russian weather. Forecasts expect temperatures around freezing.

"There's a piece of paper with the temperatures hanging in the dressing room," midfielder Hasan Salihamidzic said. "It's good that it isn't minus 25 (Celsius). It's reassuring to know that we won't have to play in a down jacket." :mrgreen:

Sportsline.com
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Miss Dangerous » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:07 pm

Having already booked their place in the knockout stages of the Champions League, Bayern Munich can travel to Moscow free of any pressure on Wednesday.

Magath's men are already through.

The fixture also gives coach Felix Magath the opportunity to rest several key players and full-back Philipp Lahm will take his first real break since the World Cup.

But with Internazionale still to face in their final group game, only a win will guarantee the Bavarians top spot in Group B and the reward of home advantage in the second leg of their last-16 fixture.

Magath will therefore be taking the rest of his squad, which is now only without Owen Hargreaves and Valerien Ismael.

To prepare his side for the match, Magath switched training onto the artificial surface at the club's Sabener Strasse training ground on Monday to acclimatise them to the conditions they will face at the Luzhniki Stadium.

"It is strange since the ball runs a lot more, everything is faster and you have to play to feet," explained Bosnian midfielder Hasan Salihamidzic.

The artificial pitch in Moscow is necessary to avoid scenes which almost ruined Bayern's last trip to the Russian capital five years ago when, in temperatures below minus 20, the game was almost called off on a frozen pitch.

The weather forecast is not so bad this time around, much to Salihamidzic's relief.

He said: "It is reassuring when you know that we won't have to play in a thermal jacket."

For Spartak, this fixture with Bayern is the last chance for them to extend their season beyond next weekend, when the Russian Premier League draws to a close.

A 4-3 win at FC Rostov last weekend ensured Vladimir Fedotov's side secured runners-up spot behind champions CSKA Moscow, earning them a place in the Champions League once again next season.

Fedotov is without his first-choice goalkeeper, Poland international Woijech Kowalewski, with a head injury, while his understudy Dmitri Homich's chances of appearing are rated as "small".

Russia Under-21 international Homich damaged his hip after clattering into the goalpost during the Rostov game, and has not trained since.

That leaves Fedotov with no other option than to throw third-choice Aleksei Zuev in at the deep end, even though the 25-year old has not made a first-team appearance since March.

While Spartak's hopes of progressing in the Champions League are already over, they could still claim third place and a UEFA Cup spot, but that is an outcome not central to Fedotov's thoughts.

He said: "We are thinking only about the forthcoming match and not too much about the outcome of the group.

"There is no point in sitting and calculating our possible position. Nothing remains, except to win this game,"
the Spartak coach told Sovetsky Sport.

Fedotov has highlighted the tendency to sit back and then strike suddenly as the main threat posed by Bayern.

This tactic was brutally demonstrated in the previous encounter between the two teams in September, when, after a quiet first period, the German champions unleashed a second-half onslaught to eventually win 4-0.

He added: "Bayern lull their opponents, and then hit them hard. The ability to strike quickly is a distinguishing feature of their play, and in our preparations we are focusing on this above all else.

"In Munich we had a bad time. The game was pretty balanced, but all the same we conceded four goals."
:P

Sporting Life
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby bm72 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:13 pm

tricky tie, very tricky tie, but I have my faith in Bayern !!

HAIL BAYERN MUNCHEN !!!!!
BAYERN 4EVER
bm72
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby fa » Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:20 pm

OMG, it must have been a crazy first half.. lots of chances for both team, good shots and great goals !!! the commentator almost went crazy :lol:

btw, check out www.fcbayern.de , press ENG on top of page and then WEBRADIO if u want to folow the match live with english commentary !!! (audio only, no video !)
Belgium, World Champion in 2050 !!
fa
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:22 pm

It's halftime at the moment and the score is 1 - 2 in favor of Bayern. Pizarro has scored twice!!!!!!

It looks like the team has gotten used to the artificial surface and are playing pretty well. They started off a little shakey but I think they were getting use to the ball and how it bounces off the artificial surface. Let's hope they don't take a nap in the second half.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:26 pm

Bayern winning 2-1 at half time. Spartak took the lead from a freekick, but Pizarro scored 2 great goals. The first was an excellent cross from Lell, and Pizarro headed the ball with his back to the net from just inside the box to the bottom far corner of the goal.

Then he scored an incredible one. He gets the ball and all the players go around him. There where no less than 6 players forming a circle around him all trying to tackle him, when he unleashed a tremendous shot from around 35 metres distance to the far top corner which gave the keeper no chance.

A world class performance indeed from Pizarro.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby fanOfBayern » Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:34 pm

Wow....great to see Pizza score some real great goals...

The only sad point of the game till now being that we conceded our first goal of the season. ...
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby fanOfBayern » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:02 pm

we concede one more...I guess we like 2nd place very much....Why can't we wrap up the first place??????????????????????????????????? I don't understand..
first with sporting at home and now....at spartak...too bad...
Last edited by fanOfBayern on Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby tracylynn » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:02 pm

Spartak just scored. I'm getting the feeling that this game is not going to go Bayern's way. They seemed to be playing a little relax in this half and that was something I feared.

I'll be highly upset if Bayern does not win this group after their great start.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:22 pm

full time... 2-2 :( I thought we deserved to win.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tracylynn » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:23 pm

Final results: 2-2. :(

I really don't know what to say about this. If they would've won this game they would've the group, but I think Magath thinks it's more important to qualify than win. I think the word win is not part of his vocabulary. You don't play to qualify, you play to win.

I hope Sporting wins because if they do then Bayern will have won the group.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby tracylynn » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:48 pm

A few more thoughts on this game.

1) Whenever Magath says that there's no pressure or anything like that then you know the outcome more than likely won't be a win. He's made comments like that before and the outcome was never what anyone expected.

2) Win must not be part of his vocabulary because he seems to think it's important to qualify. You play to win, not to qualify.

3) Someone was not covering that guy who scored Spartak's second goal.

4) Started out the group by winning the first three games and it looks like they have hit a wall. Not a good sign.

5) Where's their killer instinct? Where's the lion that all men are supposed to have? They need to play with desire and with a killer instinct for all 90 minutes and not for 45 minutes. I want to see the desire in their play and in their face.

6) Bayern can still win the group if the beat Inter or if Sporting beats Inter today. If Inter wins today then the game in two weeks will be very important. It will determine who will win the group. If that happens then Inter might have the advantage because Magath will probably say that there's no pressure since Bayern has already qualified. :roll:

7) I'm not liking how the team is letting the other team score first and then play catch up. For three games in a row they have done that and I'm not liking it. I don't mind if it happens every once in awhile, but for once I want to see the opponent play catch up and work for a goal and not Bayern. Then again, I guess these goals are motivating the team a little bit.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby Mirage » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:32 pm

Didn't see the game, but I am happy that we drew and didn't go on to lose. If only we coulda kept it at 2-1 though. + We came from a goal down AGAIN. This has happened in - the last 3 matches? So long as we win the games it's OK, but it can't happen in every game.
Still, fingers crossed Sporting beat Inter tonight.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby fanOfBayern » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:33 pm

This is again a disappointing result...
If Inter wins today, which it is doing now, then in the last game, we'll have to fight to keep the first place in the group.

This sucks.
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League