You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2015-02-17] Shakhtar Donetsk vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:45 pm

Shakhtar Donetsk will win
3%
It will end in a draw
10%
Bayern Munich will win
87%

Total votes : 30

Re: [2015-02-17] Shakhtar Donetsk vs Bayern Munich

Postby quaazi » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:12 pm

Yeah, I remember exactly the same...
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby tflags » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:17 pm

Fine. Let us not criticize the game with vile comments. Let us do so with objective ones: It was a loss against a team with far fewer resources playing farther away from home that the visitors. The game was lost - as if anyone would seriously consider this a tie - because Guardiola feared a counterattack and committed no players to the box. The result was a pile of attacking midfielders waiting outside the area for a rebound (or counterattack) as valet attendants on an early-opener cafe on Sunday morning.

Donetsk played cool, they did everything right. Bayern didn't. Let us get one thing straight: it wasn't just Pep's tactics that prevented them from threatening Neuer. Not by any stretch. It was his lack of commitment forward and fouling which prevented Shakhtar's chances.

Fine, by any stretch of the word there should have been a red card, yes, but on the other side of the aisle. That didn't mean Bayern didn't have to resort early on the game to fouling to prevent Shakhtar from attacking, piling up the card count on a team that didn't have a clear opportunity to score salvo one or two Müller misses.

Alonso's distribution was targeted since the on-start which disrupted Bayern's play in more than a few ways. His positioning as a sole 5 drifted Schweinsteiger right and, as if necessary, let us get the second point straight: Schweinsteiger is generating the key passes one and a half to two lines forward; Alonso isn't, not since he left Rome in flames.

The result is a leaderless attack with no backup cavalry. There wasn't a single venture from the wings (Heatmaps of the game show no wingback or attacker touches on the ball from the boxes' flanks) and only two shots on target. TWO. (They must have had sore legs from the weekend.)

Let us scratch that, that wasn't the result. The result truly is a soulless team with 'Jekyll and Hyde' performances who wants to be champions of the world by playing possession and excelling at that and little else. From left to right, not a single media outlet rated a Bayern attacker above a poor rating (Robben company excepted). Bayern didn't attack from the front, they didn't attack from the sides either. Bayern didn't attack, period.

Fine, let us blame the war (or lack-thereof), the weather, the pitch and if you want let us throw a few people coming back from injury (after missing one game). All circumstantial evidence on a defense (as in a trial) which is running out of excuses.

Truly, is there nothing else?
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:48 pm

you mentioned we did not attack... a graphic design showing the areas from which our attacks started...were only from the very centre... whih was marked red while the wings were blue cold. Wings & Pep are like blessed water and the devil.

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:29 pm

I'd like to see this in every game as much as possible.

Spoiler: show
NOT! :mrgreen:
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby pyrasur » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:59 pm

I agree the decisions regarding the initial lineup and the timing of the substitutions were bad, but how anyone can completely credit Shakhtar for that game is beyond me. Of course they got what they wanted, 0-0 draw. They got it by fouling Bayern and diving, which is completely legitimate, that just means we had a crap referee. But they were lucky not to go down to ten men themselves. Alonso deserved his second yellow, but that was soft.

Just because Bayern drew 0-0 doesn't mean they weren't direct. I lost count of the number of useless crosses going in, the wrong there is that Lewandowski was left off and only Müller and Schweinsteiger for targets. There were chances to score yesterday, but the finishing was left in München.

There is complete whitewashing of history going on here. Yesterday was simply a repeat of the failure against Chelsea, a team that was 6th in the Premier League and complete sh*t at the time . Not as if Bayern haven't struggled to get results traveling to crap parts of Eastern Europe before. Guardiola isn't God, and he isn't the devil either. The team needs to improve, the balance is not right and that's on Guardiola. But people need to stop acting as if steamrolling the crap version of Barca of 2013 meant the Bayern should be able to do that to everybody. It's still a game of 11v11, not everyone is going to give up against Bayern.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

[2015-02-17] Shakhtar Donetsk vs Bayern Munich

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:25 pm

I understand the result was poor but some people here are talking like Leeds United was the team Pep fielded. On another day if our players capitalized on their chances people would have been singing a different tune. Muller was in poor form and Alonso got him self a stupid yellow card, other than that the team pressed well, defended well, and created decent chances that were not taken advantaged off. Their were a lot of poor passes in the final third but to say the team played like "garbage" and etc is over the top.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:47 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:I don't think we played that bad TBH. In fact i'm pretty sure that we would've won the match if Alonso hadn't been sent off, because at the 65-70th minute is when the other teams usually starts to feel tired after being chasing the ball for most of the game.

The biggest mistake IMO was not playing Lewandowski. Without him our crosses and long balls to the box are useless and most of our playing predictable. Götze started to show some form before the winter break but now he is back to his average player mode. And also Ribery has been injured for some time and he needs time to recover at least a decent form. He wasn't fresh today and you could see that.

I think Robben should've moved to the left wing in the second half because their RB and RM were both with a yellow card. But as I said, that's just my opinion.

On a side note, we've really improved in not letting the other team finding space at our back to counterattack us.

I expect a very different game at Allianz. I think the players will be much more focused and motivated that day.

Agreed on all points
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:54 pm

Argeta wrote:Yes we expected a tough game. But what irritated most of us was how stupid Pep can prove to be. Why keep changing formations and tactics?
Why bench Lewa?

While as everyone hear knows I am very much pro-Pep and while as I have already said I do agree that he is to blame most yesterday, this is very harsh. Yes, Lewa's absence evidently made Muller look lost and Pep should have subbed him on much earlier, but to say that benching Lewa makes Pep stupid? A A few days ago many were saying Lewa is a flop and we should sell him...
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:52 pm

the thing that I hate of Pep is that he thinks that his players are robots... and that he doesn't bring the best possible from them... It is only Rafinha who really blossomed under his guidance...
He has a concept of no fixed position ... which is nice and interesting in it self however it is almost impossible to accomplish with humans
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby rthebest » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:20 pm

I think we have being spoiled by Bayern so we forgot what we were in before 2012-2013 season. We are complaining about an away draw in the round of 16th of champions league to an decent team. We wouldn't complaining if Bastian or Muller converted their chances. The game was boring no argue about that it is easy to blam Pep or Xabi and be negative. these are some of the comments I read on this thread:

1- why one center back ? Benatia was injured, badstuber just returned from a lengthy injury so it was too risky for him to play back to back 90 minutes.
and Dante I don't think I need to comment about him. And to be honest Rafiniha and Alaba did a great job.

2- Why Alaba not playing as left back any more? I think Alaba has out shined himself in his new hybrid LCB/LCM role.

3- Lewandowski. Yes he was missing from the game maybe he should have start or coming at the second half for Ribery. He may not be as clinical as Gomez ( who tends to disappear on the big matches) or is not a leggy Bully(who looks to pick a fight with everybody) but he has more game intelligence and skills(just go as watch the goal Ribery scored on Saturday). And yes he is an upgrade to both of them.

4- Xbai and Bastian partnership won't work. Yes I agree but I am surprised that nobody has mentioned Lahm's absence. Xabi is the same player that we all praised but I think his partnership with Lahm helped him to flourish in.

5- Pep tactics. Maybe he made a mistake yesterday , everybody makes mistakes but he likes to play bold football. He wants to win but by playing football, not by parking the bus, not by interrupting the flow of the game and not by playing mind games. Maybe those who complain forgot about
Klinsmann, Magath and Van Gaal era.

Again it was a boring game, a draw but please stop the negative comments , support your team and enjoy this Golden time.
rthebest
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Canada

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:42 pm

Great to find some cool heads in this melting pot
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:04 pm

rthebest wrote:I think we have being spoiled by Bayern so we forgot what we were in before 2012-2013 season. We are complaining about an away draw in the round of 16th of champions league to an decent team. We wouldn't complaining if Bastian or Muller converted their chances. The game was boring no argue about that it is easy to blam Pep or Xabi and be negative. these are some of the comments I read on this thread:

1- why one center back ? Benatia was injured, badstuber just returned from a lengthy injury so it was too risky for him to play back to back 90 minutes.
and Dante I don't think I need to comment about him. And to be honest Rafiniha and Alaba did a great job.

2- Why Alaba not playing as left back any more? I think Alaba has out shined himself in his new hybrid LCB/LCM role.

3- Lewandowski. Yes he was missing from the game maybe he should have start or coming at the second half for Ribery. He may not be as clinical as Gomez ( who tends to disappear on the big matches) or is not a leggy Bully(who looks to pick a fight with everybody) but he has more game intelligence and skills(just go as watch the goal Ribery scored on Saturday). And yes he is an upgrade to both of them.

4- Xbai and Bastian partnership won't work. Yes I agree but I am surprised that nobody has mentioned Lahm's absence. Xabi is the same player that we all praised but I think his partnership with Lahm helped him to flourish in.

5- Pep tactics. Maybe he made a mistake yesterday , everybody makes mistakes but he likes to play bold football. He wants to win but by playing football, not by parking the bus, not by interrupting the flow of the game and not by playing mind games. Maybe those who complain forgot about
Klinsmann, Magath and Van Gaal era.

Again it was a boring game, a draw but please stop the negative comments , support your team and enjoy this Golden time.

Your 3rd point made me :grin:
I would kill to have 11 "bullies" as you described one of our former players(who thanks to him you celebrated a treble) rather than having some 3/4 segnoritas dancing on the pitch...
Ok I agree we may be spoiled but what hurts more is the fact that we have the f***en potential to destroy any opposition even in europe...but we don't...for some reason...

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ottomeister13 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:20 am

I am sorry for being negative.. NOT.. We had a not so great start to the season, playing wise.. Pointwise we were on track for the complete season. Then we had some nice and good games were the opposition had no chance at all.. And now all of a sudden they unlearned how to play soccer, except Robben.

Its like under Heynckes atm when he took over before the treble season. No creativity, to much experiences etc.

You can say what you want, but i agree that some are way to spoiled after 2012/2013.. But if you call yourself a favourite for the CL title and you perform like this against, no offence, Donezk who are still in their WINTERBREAK btw.. you have no right to be named as a contender. A team with our class, should have created ATLEAST ONE big chance and we didnt.. The Schweini sort of volley could not have gone in, because Schweini was never the precise shooter, except his FK's lately. Muller had just bad luck and same goes for Robben with that FK pass he got, but completely missed. Except those things, i saw nothing really offense wise. And thats a bad sign if you cant even create anything against a team that is still having winterbreak..

What you gonna do against the bigger teams like Chelsea, Real, Barca, Atletico like this, without pace and creativity.. I am sorry to say this, but we are nowhere near contender material like this. And i doubt that the return of Martinez and Lahm will change any of that at all ( i dont name Thiago, because i doubt he will be @ 100% anytime soon after this long abscence )
Ottomeister13

Postby sobuj » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:26 am

We will never win CL with Flop Guardiola.. and return of lahm and javi will not change anything. Both will play out of position anyway...Best RB in the world plays in the mid, best LB and DM now plays CB..while we have Rafinha and Bernat as our wingbacks. :lol:
sobuj
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby pyrasur » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:34 am

FC HOLLYWOOD. :coffee:

Whatever. Bring on the return leg.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag: