You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2015-02-17] Shakhtar Donetsk vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:45 pm

Shakhtar Donetsk will win
3%
It will end in a draw
10%
Bayern Munich will win
87%

Total votes : 30

Re: [2015-02-17] Shakhtar Donetsk vs Bayern Munich

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:51 am

I don't think we played that bad TBH. In fact i'm pretty sure that we would've won the match if Alonso hadn't been sent off, because at the 65-70th minute is when the other teams usually starts to feel tired after being chasing the ball for most of the game.

The biggest mistake IMO was not playing Lewandowski. Without him our crosses and long balls to the box are useless and most of our playing predictable. Götze started to show some form before the winter break but now he is back to his average player mode. And also Ribery has been injured for some time and he needs time to recover at least a decent form. He wasn't fresh today and you could see that.

I think Robben should've moved to the left wing in the second half because their RB and RM were both with a yellow card. But as I said, that's just my opinion.

On a side note, we've really improved in not letting the other team finding space at our back to counterattack us.

I expect a very different game at Allianz. I think the players will be much more focused and motivated that day.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby S4k4zulu » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:16 am

We played great. My two cents. Most teams will be happy to lose 1-0 away first leg.
We cant demolish every single team we meet.
Not to mention weather and pitch.

We are too harsh to the team.

Sent from my grandmama's basement
S4k4zulu
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FCB general » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:15 am

Alonso won't play in the next match which means we win. :lol:
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:46 am

Rummenigge: "The referee was a disaster. Probably the referee has thought that because he's from Spain, he would particularly whistle against the Spaniards." [source]
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:19 am

MUTU wrote:
Rummenigge: "The referee was a disaster. Probably the referee has thought that because he's from Spain, he would particularly whistle against the Spaniards." [source]

he was a disaster ... but not very classy by KHR I expect better...if he was a disaster so were the players and the tactics

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:27 am

YlonenXabi wrote:I don't think we played that bad TBH. In fact i'm pretty sure that we would've won the match if Alonso hadn't been sent off, because at the 65-70th minute is when the other teams usually starts to feel tired after being chasing the ball for most of the game.

The biggest mistake IMO was not playing Lewandowski. Without him our crosses and long balls to the box are useless and most of our playing predictable. Götze started to show some form before the winter break but now he is back to his average player mode. And also Ribery has been injured for some time and he needs time to recover at least a decent form. He wasn't fresh today and you could see that.

I think Robben should've moved to the left wing in the second half because their RB and RM were both with a yellow card. But as I said, that's just my opinion.

On a side note, we've really improved in not letting the other team finding space at our back to counterattack us.

I expect a very different game at Allianz. I think the players will be much more focused and motivated that day.

Thank you. It's refreshing to sometimes read something that isn't toxic bile in this forum.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:52 am

quaazi wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:I don't think we played that bad TBH. In fact i'm pretty sure that we would've won the match if Alonso hadn't been sent off, because at the 65-70th minute is when the other teams usually starts to feel tired after being chasing the ball for most of the game.

Thank you. It's refreshing to sometimes read something that isn't toxic bile in this forum.

I cannot believe that that are some who seem to be happy seeing what we saw yest... not a single shot on target. God willing come next Sat we will trash Padeborn and we will be all happy again. yeah yeah

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:58 am

ramsej84 wrote:he was a disaster ... but not very classy by KHR I expect better...if he was a disaster so were the players and the tactics

I miss Uli :arrow: a lot.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby RedQueen » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:32 pm

I don't get why so many apparently thought that would be an easy win. The team is still way below peak form after the winter break, it was an away game in Eastern Europe (we've struggled in the East before, even this season, remember the CSKA game, which we won by holding on to a lead that resulted from a penalty), there is a civil war in part of that country, it was freezing cold, and against an opponent we've never played before. They aren't machines, you know.

On top of it, the ref was a disgrace, we lost Benatia in the last minute, Pep made a few questionable decisions.

Was it a good performance? Of course not. But it wasn't the disaster some are making of it, given the circumstances, IMO.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Badger » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:21 pm

RedQueen wrote:I don't get why so many apparently thought that would be an easy win. The team is still way below peak form after the winter break, it was an away game in Eastern Europe (we've struggled in the East before, even this season, remember the CSKA game, which we won by holding on to a lead that resulted from a penalty), there is a civil war in part of that country, it was freezing cold, and against an opponent we've never played before. They aren't machines, you know.

On top of it, the ref was a disgrace, we lost Benatia in the last minute, Pep made a few questionable decisions.

Was it a good performance? Of course not. But it wasn't the disaster some are making of it, given the circumstances, IMO.

Another refreshingly balanced post. Thank you.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby Badger » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:24 pm

And another well balanced post. Thank you.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby Argeta » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:32 pm

Yes we expected a tough game. But what irritated most of us was how stupid Pep can prove to be. Why keep changing formations and tactics?
Why bench Lewa?
Why not play with the lineup against Hamburg?
Why not sub Alonso before he got his red card? If we who are supposed to be "amateurs" saw it, then I'm pretty sure the "best tactician ever" should have seen it aswell.

Pep just makes it all so much more complicated than it has to be..! Instead of sticking to one tactic, we walked home with one suspension and several yellow unnecessary cards that might bite us in the ass in the future.
Argeta
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:38 pm

Argeta wrote:Why not sub Alonso before he got his red card?

To be fair, couple of minutes before Alonso got the red card, he had done another tactical foul. Almost instantly, Guardiola asked Badstuber to warm up. Quite possibly, Guardiola wanted Badstuber to substitute Alonso who looked like he was vying for a red card before he actually got it. But while Badstuber was warming up, Alonso fouled once more.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Argeta » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:59 pm

MUTU wrote:

To be fair, couple of minutes before Alonso got the red card, he had done another tactical foul. Almost instantly, Guardiola asked Badstuber to warm up. Quite possibly, Guardiola wanted Badstuber to substitute Alonso who looked like he was vying for a red card before he actually got it. But while Badstuber was warming up, Alonso fouled once more.

I never saw Badstuber.. I saw Lewy warming up problaby to replace someone else in the attack. Didn't Badstuber warm up after the red card?
Argeta
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:07 pm

Argeta wrote:
MUTU wrote:

I never saw Badstuber.. I saw Lewy warming up problaby to replace someone else in the attack. Didn't Badstuber warm up after the red card?

No, before, for sure. I know because I was saying to myself I hope that he comes on for Alonso as Alonso was risking a red already.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League