You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2015-02-17] Shakhtar Donetsk vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:45 pm

Shakhtar Donetsk will win
3%
It will end in a draw
10%
Bayern Munich will win
87%

Total votes : 30

Re: [2015-02-17] Shakhtar Donetsk vs Bayern Munich

Postby Grusgrus » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:28 pm

Tedesco wrote:Costa should have been sent off. That was a nasty elbow.

^absolutely. :evil:

i look forward to this match back at Allianz.
REKORDMEISTER 2015
Grusgrus
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby sherpthederp » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:30 pm

I think we've seen enough to know that the Schweini-Alonso pairing just isn't gonna work...

I would really like to see a diamond 3-4-3 when all healed but swapping Rafinha for Lahm until then
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sherpthederp
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Korab » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:36 pm

As always with Guardiola tactics, if plan A fails there is no plan B. They could not totally suppress Shahtar + yellow card prevented favorite ending to the games of Bayern, opponent exhausted and confused, time to score.
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby sherpthederp » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:45 pm

Korab wrote:As always with Guardiola tactics, if plan A fails there is no plan B.

At least our plan B when playing with 10 men is decent, still dominating the game.
But I know what you mean, we cant seem to change how we play when it isn't working.
sherpthederp
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:45 pm

all those cards were the result of our tactics... we are always being caught ... esp when it is alonso
who is guarding the midfield
Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ottomeister13 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:50 pm

Alonso is everything right now, that he wasnt in the first half of the season tbh.. A waste of space on the pitch. I wonder what happened, he has a lot of sloppy things in his posession/passes all of a sudden and dumb tackles.

I said it before and i say it again. With games like against Wolfsburg, Schalke and Stuttgart we wont beat Donezk.. HSV match was a training excersise.. It was overrated way to much.

Some of our players got themself very DUMB yellow cards that will cost us dearly if we should advance. Because tbh.. Donezk will be a bit better in the return and i see them score atleast one over there tbh. And if they will make that 1-0.. I dont even believe to saying it right now, we are out.

We are just shite since the winterbreak, no creativity except from Robben who is doing EVERYTHING atm.. Gotze,, totalausfall.. Muller tries but gets a lot of unusefull balls. Lewa has a lot of bad luck and mostly a couple players on him, same a Ribs. Alaba is back to 0 in his current position, in offense its like he isnt even there.

I wondered already about the starting 11.. Muller a striker, and Gotze instead of Lewa against a lot of small players...

This seems just like the crap we got in the 2nd half of last season, just that it started even earlier this season. Arsenal, Man U and Real games where just snoozefests. Same as today...

There is no **** excuse for the return, just play some goddamn SOCCER. We have so much class in our ranks, but its surpressed way to much atm..
Ottomeister13

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:03 am

In my opinion Guardiola has to bear the responsibility for this one. It was evident an hour before the game that something was not quite right in the lineup and I was very disappointed by his delay in making subs. In fact, his subs have been a bit off for some time now, which is unfortunate considering his brilliant use of them last season.

The performance wasn't bad, though far from our best. I found Shakhtar's behaviour disgusting and the referee was terrible. Very boring game overall.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby pyrasur » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:36 am

Totally agree. The decision to leave Alonso on as well as the decision to delay bringing on Lewandowski were both mistakes from Pep.

In the next leg I hope to see Schweini with Rode or Alaba. Schweini and Alonso right now just isn't working, though I don't know why they aren't clicking. And Lewandowski has to start up top. He's not firing completely yet, but at least he can lead the attack and hold up the ball.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FCB general » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:52 am

@ottomeister13

Couldn't agree more than this what you wrote. I don't know what else to add.

After the first match and Bastian's return, I don't see Alonso in the first XI anymore. He gave us what we needed - the first half of the season with bunch of injured players and that's it. Now he can take a place on the bench and leave other players playing.

Then this game with only ONE center-back. I mean, what the hell is going on?! Benatia - fit, Badstuber - fit, Dante - fit, thereby giving us plenty of solutions - but no.

Then there's that untouchable Bernat on the LB/LWB and LW(depending on formation we play and his position). I'm really annoyed what has Alaba become in just one and half year after he was world's best left fullback. Tonight in 90 minutes he wasn't in opponent's half for a single time. WTF?!

Once again - no striker. The only one is Lewandowski, who else would be when you don't have a competition. :roll:

Ribery - I can't blame him for anything since he was injured and he's just returned recently. Like he can produce something in something what you call NOTHING(our game, our presentation, our way of playing on the pitch or you can call that whatever you want). He's getting old, bla bla bla... Stupid excuses, like he got old, damn slow and lost himself over the night, how yes no. With these words I'd definitely give Alonso that title.

Robben - what else can you say about this guy. Everything depends on him. If he's got a magic night or magical move, moment, trick or somethin' else - fück yeah! If he doesn't - nothing didn't happen on the match.

Müller - I feel sorry for this guy. His role is far from the previous one, placed way in the shadow. You can't see him often in chance of scoring goal, finding that space what he always searches for, etc.

If we take a look on our injury table, who's missing? Lahm, Martinez and that's it. Probably Shaqiri and Hojbjerg, but he is sold, i.e. loaned.

Complete change of team after trashing HSV. Shakhtar ain't lost, radioactive BuLi garbage HSV. It's not that the Ukrainian team was dangerous or something, but our inferiority, our lack of ideas to create attacks, shoot on goal. How can consider something great when you're the one who's stronger, the one who's better and still unable to put yourself in situation to create a chance to score? Who cares about somekind of dominance when you were almost harmlos? Nobody cares, but you're still able to see your player sent-off after 2 yellow cards in less than 15 minutes.

Something's very, very wrong.

We're still waiting for momentum, but after this who knows when it's gonna be. This season we are struggling in 1/8 finals and that's not good. What can we expect against Chelsea, Atletico, Real, Barcelona.

I refuse to even think about it. :|
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby Evandro » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:06 am

Pep Guardiola: “We were a man down for a long time, and that obviously makes it very difficult. We controlled the play, but we created very few scoring chances. We have to win the return now, and we’ll do it with our fans behind us.”
It's always the same blá blá blá...
One man less turn the FCB without a chance to win!!!
FCB uber alles
Evandro
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Brazil

Postby pyrasur » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:11 am

Could have used competition at striker for sure. Mandzukic with Gomez waiting behind him was a beast, without Gomez felt entitled to be striker and was not near his best. Mandzukic could barely get along with Guardiola when he was starting, no way Mandzukic being second. Bayern banked on Müller and Götze to show that competition to Lewy. Müller impressed away against Manchester City last season, and Götze away to Dortmund, but since then neither shows they can consistently do the job.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Korab » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:19 am

There is no striker in Bayern line-up anymore. There is no place for guy like that in Guardiola system. Lewa plays just forward role and he is there to open up field for others and get shit for nominally being striker. That's why he gets most of criticism. He is not there is bad, if he is there is no good either. Are other players playing him as a striker? I haven't noticed it. BTW in BVB he did not have any competition so its not the problem.Talking about yellow card, it will be normal occurrence with better teams when they find themselves in breakout position against high defense line of Bayern.
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:59 am

I've been thinking that Xabi shouldn't start for a few games now. Before he came, he would have been the first player I would have taken out of the Spain squad, after his early appearances I thought maybe Pep had pulled a revival on him, but now I'm thinking his age might have gotten the best of him... We might still be suffering from a lack of a proper playmaker.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby sterndessudens » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:03 am

Well, from the get go- we knew this game was so different from the HSV roasting on the weekend. Pep's tactics centered around Alonso again, which made the game start off at a very slow pace, and possession was the main priority over the positioning/pace that we had on the weekend. That made Muller drop back and have fewer chances to shoot or move the ball to his liking, and Robben was too reliant. Ribery was not supported well enough since he cannot link up with Bernat, unlike his connections with Alaba which made them the world class left wing as Alaba was relegated to LCB which annoys most of us. Thus, yes its on Pep's fault for an experimental starting XI, substitutions timing in which Alonso should've been off at the 59th minute to inject more energy in the players and formation was something like 2-3-2-3 which Gotze and Muller does not shine best. This lineup had no aerial challenges until Lewandowski came on because yes- we're playing against a Brazillian favoured Shakhtar side with shorter players, but what Jupp used to do was use the advantage in the air and physical size of the players.
FC Bayern, Stern des Südens, du wirst niemals untergehn...

Mehmet Scholl once offered a mixtape CD to Oliver Kahn. Kahn replied: Do you want me to shoot myself? Keep your crap to yourself.
sterndessudens
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Australia

Postby michel » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:56 am

A few minutes of direct football followed by predictable tricks and midfield failure is what FCB went through on Tuesday. Not a pretty sight.

More: Shakhtar – Bayern tactical analysis: midfield zombies
Publisher of Bayern Central
michel
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League