You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2007-02-20] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Who will win this titanic clash?

The Bavarian giant
81%
Unreal Madrid
19%

Total votes : 21

Postby yoanna » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:56 am

ain't that bad... sure we lost, but earned 2 goals...

i'm still in high spirits, though, regardless of the result.
Hitzfield magic should manifest itself somehow in two weeks time, please...
“Del Piero is a boy who has integrated himself perfectly with the Juventus mentality, a mentality built on style and decorum. He really does deserve to reach this milestone”.

Beppe Furino
yoanna
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Walls » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:14 am

i have a good feeling about the next leg in 2 weeks..
WALLS™ CEO OF METAL - F$CK with the bull,you get the horn.
Walls
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBinNYC » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:22 am

The second half is definately a reason for optimism, I truly believe we'll go through thanks to Van Bommel. Lucio was alright, but Van Buyten was horrible today, I wish just once both him AND Lucio would have a good game instead of one or the other! (Or neither!) That third goal for Madrid was rediculous, WHY WOULD YOU TRY AN OFFSIDE TRAP ON A FREE KICK?! Lost my voice yelling at the ref/celebrating...guess that means it was a good game. Not happy with the result, but that's why there's two legs to these suckers. And to those who hate: go buy a Madrid shirt and support them all the time, we don't need you pretending to support Bayern if a couple goals against make you want to change colors. Have fun with your diving prettyboys, me I'll stick with Bayern. They may be ugly but they're my team and I'm sick of hearing from "fans" about how they don't want to support the team because of some bad results. Sure, be angry at their recent performances, but don't come here saying that you're gonna support Madrid (or any opposition) because that's not what being fan is all about. If Van Bommel isn't gonna give up, then neither should you. Over and out.
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby yoanna » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:41 am

i doubt anyone's giving up here... i see it just as random thoughts of annoyance made on the spur of the moment..
“Del Piero is a boy who has integrated himself perfectly with the Juventus mentality, a mentality built on style and decorum. He really does deserve to reach this milestone”.

Beppe Furino
yoanna
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Schweini_rules » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:28 am

Uber respect to Lucio Van Bommel Hargreaves sali Scholli kahn and the rest of the boys. Demichelis omg what the heck was he doing in the line up..anyway
it was a good game to watch. VAN BOMMEL ALL THE WAY ! they madrid players had fun with us on the field by not playing football and passing around while their fans laughed on us. Yeah thats the attitude we miss ! i say double respect for him , hitzfeld as i understand is trying to get out his leading role and so far he is doing great.
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Schweini_rules » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:29 am

oh and stop saying some ppl are not fcb fans....LOL there in this forum right ?
they are indeed fans then , i would not spend my time in a forum which would be useless for me.
Anyway congrats to Bayern again.
2 weeks time hopefully we will eliminate those galacticos.
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:04 am

\:D/ First off, I want to give a shout out to the members of this board who came to the chat room and talked.....Supr4king, Mark, and Green. There was someone else but I'm not sure he/she is a member of this board. Anyway, it was nice chatting with you.

Now on to the game.....they didn't play well in the first half but it was nice to see them come out on fire in the second half. They showed more determination in that half than they did all season long with Magath.

The team still has to work out some kinks but I think they are heading in the right direction and I do believe that it's just a matter of time before Bayern starts kicking some behinds again.

As for MvB, well I saw he celebration after he scored and, though I don't condone it, I sorta thought it was funny. I think he'll get into trouble but I hope not. He was just full of passion and anger and it showed. Plus, rumor is that some fans were throwing lighters at him.

I think Bayern can beat up Real next month and I think they can beat them up badly. Though they lost I feel good about what happen in the second half and I think it's the start of something wonderful. =D>
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby podolski4life » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:16 am

Just a shot in the dark here, but we have a forum chat room now?
"Tactics? What tactics?" - Mark van Bommel to Felix Magath after being accused of lack of effort and tactical discipline.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby bm72 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:00 am

I still have a lot of optimism for this tie, the way real crambled in the 2nd half is cause for calm confidence !!
BAYERN 4EVER
bm72
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby charger256 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:03 am

It was a nice game to watch, especially for a person that was not a Bayern or a Real Madrid. I was really nervous at 3:1 :x . But the second half was really OK. I did not understand what Demichelis was doing in the line-up (i do not like him at all and would prefer selling him) and Podolski was the invisible man on the pitch. I am glad about Pizzaro, he played really well and proved to be a serious danger to Casillas, actually it is his first useful season at Bayern :). And Hargreaves, Lucio, Sagnol and Van Bommel actually made it very very hard for Real in the 2nd half. I hope we show a great game in two weeks cause we need to step further in Campions Leage, after the yesterday's game I'm sure that Bayern deserves it, no matter the current Bundesliga results.
charger256
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby Paddy » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:08 am

tracylynn wrote:\:D/ First off, I want to give a shout out to the members of this board who came to the chat room and talked.....Supr4king, Mark, and Green. There was someone else but I'm not sure he/she is a member of this board. Anyway, it was nice chatting with you.

Now on to the game.....they didn't play well in the first half but it was nice to see them come out on fire in the second half. They showed more determination in that half than they did all season long with Magath.

The team still has to work out some kinks but I think they are heading in the right direction and I do believe that it's just a matter of time before Bayern starts kicking some behinds again.

As for MvB, well I saw he celebration after he scored and, though I don't condone it, I sorta thought it was funny. I think he'll get into trouble but I hope not. He was just full of passion and anger and it showed. Plus, rumor is that some fans were throwing lighters at him.

I think Bayern can beat up Real next month and I think they can beat them up badly. Though they lost I feel good about what happen in the second half and I think it's the start of something wonderful. =D>

I think we have the edge, even tho Real won. But it´s not just a rumour about the lighter. Camera showed one of the Bayern players picking up the lighter ( i think it was MVB). And I´d celebrate the same way if I played for Barca last year.
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Postby diegis » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:53 am

you can see the lighter here:
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby diegis » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:58 am

here are the other goals:
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:57 pm

Madrid to protest over Van Bommel's gestures

MADRID, Spain (AP) - Real Madrid will reportedly protest to UEFA over two insulting gestures made by Bayern Munich midfielder Mark van Bommel after he scored in the teams' Champions League game.

Madrid will send a report to the European body's disciplinary committee on Thursday, according to sports daily Marca, which added that the Spanish club considered Tuesday's actions "an intolerable provocation."

Van Bommel, a former player with Madrid's archrival FC Barcelona, volleyed Bayern's late second goal in a 3-2 defeat at Madrid's Santiago Bernabeu Stadium.

The 29-year-old midfielder apologized, but said he had been insulted by a Madrid player about his Barcelona connections. He didn't name the player.

"It's the first time I've played at the Santiago Bernabeu and I have nothing against the crowd although I do have something against a player," he told Catalunya Radio.

Marca reacted with indignation to the incident, with its front page accompanying a photo of Van Bommel gesturing with the headline: "They're going to have to swallow this."

The paper advised Madrid players to "cut the photo out, stick it in the dressing room and don't stop looking at it until the return leg."

Sports daily As added that Madrid will also protest that Bayern substitute Hasan Salihamidzic spat at supporters behind the goal straight after Van Bommel's goal.

Van Bommel joined Bayern last August after a year with Barcelona, in which he helped the Catalan team win the Champions League and Spanish title.

Bayern and Madrid meet again in Munich on March 7.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby fanOfBayern » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:53 pm

Bayern frustrated at letting Real off

BERLIN, Feb 21 (Reuters) - Bayern Munich still believe they can knock Real Madrid out of the Champions League but they know they should have come away from the Bernabeu with a far better result than a 3-2 defeat.

'We realised too late that Real were there for the taking,' captain and goalkeeper Oliver Kahn told reporters after Tuesday's game in Madrid. 'We showed too much respect at first and didn't play the way we set out to play.'

Bayern seemed intent on self-destruction in the first half as a series of mistakes let Real take a 3-1 lead with two goals from captain Raul and one from Ruud van Nistelrooy in the first leg of their first knock-out round tie.

They improved a little in the second half but only really had the Spaniards worried during 15 minutes of sustained attack at the end.

That brought them a goal from Mark van Bommel that could prove highly significant with the second leg to come on March 7.

'We need to set the Allianz Arena ablaze for the second game,' Kahn said. 'Our second goal could be vital.'

Bayern are on a dreadful run of form in Germany and their lack of confidence was obvious in the first half in Madrid, as coach Ottmar Hitzfeld recognised.

'I had to tell the players at halftime there was no reason for their heads to go down,' said Hitzfeld. 'We just needed to be braver, to get our tackles in earlier and get on the attack.

'Real are not some super-team and you could see that in the second half.'

Real goalkeeper Iker Casillas felt the late Bayern goal would keep his side on their toes in the second leg.

'Although we are annoyed to concede that late goal it is better to go to Munich thinking you have to win and not to fall into the trap of going out too relaxed,' he told reporters.

One of Real's key performers was midfielder David Beckham who was involved in the build-up for the opener and provided the corner and the free kick for the other goals.

Real coach Fabio Capello has only recently brought the Englishman back into the side after dropping him over his decision to join LA Galaxy at the end of the season.

'He played very, very well - and has done since he came back into the team. He created two tonight and scored in San Sebastian. That is a fact, and one I recognise,' said Capello.

The best result Real have achieved in Munich in their last eight visits is a 1-1 draw in Feb. 2004 when they went on to knock Bayern out at the same stage of the competition.

The other seven matches all ended in defeat.

Real's young full back Miguel Torres has been given a hint of what to expect: 'If I play, my colleagues have told me that it will be like hell,' he said.

Real's young full back Miguel Torres has been given a hint of what to expect: 'If I play, my colleagues have told me that it will be like hell,' he said.

This statement flatters me... :D
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League