You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2017-04-18] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:45 pm

Real Madrid will win
14%
It will end in a draw
11%
Bayern Munich will win
75%

Total votes : 44

Re: [2017-04-18] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby whitekingRM » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:10 pm

BackY wrote:
Effenberg777 wrote:
whitekingRM wrote:Hi again guys.
Today Real Madrid has a big chance to advance. Hope they get concentrated at 100%, and show again why we are the White Beast...

White Fegs

Treat them with respect pls. He is a fair fan, didn't say anything bad, just showing his support for this team.

Yes, i m just showing my support to Real Madrid.
Thanks Backy...
whitekingRM
Getting the hang of it

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:10 pm

ottackon wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ottackon wrote:From what I've read here and there, there are two diametrically opposed views on the approach that Bayern should adopt :

- The camp of those who think it is absoluetly vital to rush into attack from the first second.
- The camp of those who want Bayern to be patient and opportunistic.

Depending on who our defence consists of, I think we should go for somewhere in the middle. Our first priority should be to control the game and starve Real of chances, so we should aim to control the midfield. This will be especially necessary if neither of our CBs make it. But a first and early goal would greatly change the momentum to our favour. Once we're 1-0 up, it's like 0-0 and we just need any win to qualify. So we shouldn't hesitate to go forward and attempt some tough chances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah surely, the identity of the central defense will be crutial, but regardless of that, I think the biggest mistake from our side would be to push the panic button too soon in the match, I mean, the team must remain as one block either in defense or in attack, that's key for me.

That is always key. The team must go out and press like beasts as a block. Something like the Porto return game back then. Obviously Madrid are not Porto, but we need that level of aggression and energy.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Effenberg777 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:11 pm

ottackon wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ottackon wrote:From what I've read here and there, there are two diametrically opposed views on the approach that Bayern should adopt :

- The camp of those who think it is absoluetly vital to rush into attack from the first second.

Depending on who our defence consists of, I think we should go for somewhere in the middle. Our first priority should be to control the game and starve Real of chances, so we should aim to control the midfield. This will be especially necessary if neither of our CBs make it. But a first and early goal would greatly change the momentum to our favour. Once we're 1-0 up, it's like 0-0 and we just need any win to qualify. So we shouldn't hesitate to go forward and attempt some tough chances.

Yeah surely, the identity of the central defense will be crutial, but regardless of that, I think the biggest mistake from our side would be to push the panic button too soon in the match, I mean, the team must remain as one block either in defense or in attack, that's key for me.

Wont be the case, we have players with experience. I dont see us rushing the things. Hopefully we will score first not them
Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby #12 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:11 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
bastos80 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:[quote="bastos80"][quote="FCBayernMunchen"]We need to score first and in the first 30 minutes or so. I'll believe then.

I'll start believing once we score and aren't trailing by 2

If we score first within 30 minutes it fits those criteria :P

Scoring the 1-0 after 75. minutes should be enough to get the oven burning.[/quote]
I'd take any lead at this point. Juve showed us how much we can do if we believe in the last 15 minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Well... "Any lead"?
Any other lead were even better than 1-0

The only realistic scenario would be a composure mirroring a home game like against Barca, Atlético or Dortmund last year, gane at Juventus for about 60 mins, too...
Haven't seen a whole-90-minute convincing display of Bayern in ages, but that's what it would take...
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby whitekingRM » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:13 pm

The team who scored first, has a big chance to win this game.
Madrid has to be concentrated 90 minutes, we can´t give the ball to Bayern there is a big risk...
whitekingRM
Getting the hang of it

Postby aterford » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:13 pm

For me I think the game will be decided in the first 15-20 minutes. I think Real Madrid will come out firing and hoping to get an early goal...If they score early, I am sad to say I think it might all be over...for whatever reason, our team seems kinda weak mentally this season and I'm not sure they'd have the resolve to come back.

That being said, if we can weather the storm for the first 15-20 and not concede, I think we have a good chance of going through.

Regardless of who plays in defense for us, I think we will concede. Probably will make a stupid error and gift wrap a free goal to Ronaldo.
But with Lewy playing I don't think 3-1, 3-2 is out of the question. Even on further thought I think we could make 2-1 work. If we go to AET and score one, they then would need two to go through I believe. So that might play into our favor.

So, yeah. For me, if we concede early I think we're finished. But if we hold out or score early ourselves I think we can go through.
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bastos80 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:14 pm

Well, any lead apart from 1-0 is good.
Hasn't been that easy for a long time :lol:
inactive
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:16 pm

I'm not that confident about extra time... But obviously better than 1-0

Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Machiavellico » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:18 pm

I don't get this need to see goals in the starting minutes of the game. Remember Juve second leg last year? This mentally weak team, as some of you portray it, managed to bag two goals in the last minutes of the game, after playing a pretty cow arse match from the start.
And don't forget the fact that RM slows things down a lot towards the end of the game if the result is in their favour(hint: last match against Atleti when they could've sealed the championship). Classico's next weekend. That will surely weigh down on Zidane.
I don't know, I'm thinking we'll decide the match in the second half and I sure as hell prey the team won't throw every brick they've got at RM in the first period of the game, especially given the fact that the starting CDs aren't really match fit.

PE14
Machiavellico
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Romania

Postby BackY » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:19 pm

bastos80 wrote:He doesn't know the word respect, not even for his own club's players.

Agreed lol, just said that to my friend who is a RM fan. But let's not fall to their level of respect.
BackY
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:19 pm

Effe11 wrote:We have utterly 0 chance to progress,at their home RM wont underestimate us like Schalke or BVB they will be concentrated whole 90 min and sit deep back until they can counter.Ideal game plan for them.
I dream to turn false...
Pack mas!

If you're so sure consider gambling all your money and assets. Easy, sure win, no?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby BackY » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:20 pm

ottackon wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:

Totaly agreed. They can play passively up to 70 minutes I believe. No need to rush. A goal up to 70 minutes is totally ok, the last minutes we can give them hell and ez. But they are a team that u can hardly give hell to, without getting burned urself.
BackY
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ottackon » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:20 pm

Madrid scoring first doesn't change anything from a mathematical point of view, but if this scenario breaks our spirit, then, we have nothing to do in the semifinals.
ottackon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby bastos80 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:24 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I'm not that confident about extra time... But obviously better than 1-0

Real should be the one to be wary about extra time, since it's 30 minutes more for us to score a goal which would mean they have score 2.
Even when they score the 2-2 in OT we can still make it.
inactive
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby BackY » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:24 pm

ottackon wrote:Madrid scoring first doesn't change anything from a mathematical point of view, but if this scenario breaks our spirit, then, we have nothing to do in the semifinals.

Agreed totally.

MUTU wrote:
Effe11 wrote:We have utterly 0 chance to progress,at their home RM wont underestimate us like Schalke or BVB they will be concentrated whole 90 min and sit deep back until they can counter.Ideal game plan for them.
I dream to turn false...
Pack mas!

If you're so sure consider gambling all your money and assets. Easy, sure win, no?

That's what I said to him aswell lol.
BackY
Yeah, now I'm talking!

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League