You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2017-04-18] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:45 pm

Real Madrid will win
14%
It will end in a draw
11%
Bayern Munich will win
75%

Total votes : 44

Re: [2017-04-18] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby Ed. » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:42 pm

SilentStrike wrote:Some of the posts are a bit of an exaggeration. We still have an amazing squad, far bettee than mid - 2000's.
Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

Again, the same mistake :D :D
Wake up people and KHR and team in particular, yes we have an amazing squad, far better than a decade ago but cast an eye over the rest of Europe and see the squads that other teams have assembled are assembling. The bar has been significantly raised.

We have clearly been in the top 3 sides in the competition for 5 perhaps even 6 years and what have we to show for it? One CL success.
I have always rated our CL chances based on our ability to beat other contenders in back to back ties, for ex facing Real & Barca in successive ties, and have felt for the last 3 rys we were a very good bet of getting through something like that if it eventuated. If your'e not that good on paper, then it's really matchday luck and the luck of a lucky draw (drawing an easier opponent) that will get you through.

Next season, IMHO, we are maybe top 5, which means you really need a good draw and a greater dose of luck for a successful run in the tournament.

It's 2am here in Aus, and I have this feeling that a cycle will come to and end tomorrow and it will have been an opportunity missed by the club over the last 5 yrs :( :(, and I so badly wanted to see Lahm lift that trophy again before he retires. I guess this disillusionment is the reason I'm still at the keyboard right now.
Last edited by Ed. on Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ed.
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:45 pm

kod2600 wrote:
Ed. wrote: I think we are heading for a period of mediocrity just like we did in mid 2000s

That's an exaggeration.

I don't think it is at all. We won plenty of titles back then, doubles even. We just never made it past the quarters in the CL. Our teams weren't that bad either: Kahn, Lucio, Ballack, Makaay, etc.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Effenberg777 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:47 pm

Ed. wrote:
SilentStrike wrote:Some of the posts are a bit of an exaggeration. We still have an amazing squad, far bettee than mid - 2000's.
Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

Again, the same mistake :D :D
Wake up people and KHR and team in particular, yes we have an amazing squad, far better than a decade ago but cast an eye over the rest of Europe and see the squads that other teams have assembled are assembling. The bar has been significantly raised.

We have clearly been in the top 3 sides in the competition for 5 perhaps even 6 years and what have we to show for it? One CL success.
I have always rated our CL chances based on our ability to beat other contenders in back to back ties, for ex facing Real & Barca in successive ties, and have felt for the last 3 rys we were a very good bet of getting through something like that if it eventuated. If your'e not that good on paper, then it's really matchday luck and the luck of a lucky draw (drawing an easier opponent) that will get you through.

Next season, IMHO, we are maybe top 5, which means you really need a good draw and a greater dose of luck for a successful run in the tournament.

It's 2am here in Aus, and I have this feeling that a cycle will come to and end tomorrow and it will have been an opportunity missed by the club over the last 5 yrs :( :(, and I so badly wanted to see Lahm lift that trophy again before he retires. I guess this disillusionment is the reason I'm still at the keyboard right now.

Yes Eddie you are right, you need some rest. Take care
Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:49 pm

Carlo: Lewandowski trained yesterday with no problems. Boateng and Hummels trained individually and a decision hasn't been taken.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby BackY » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:49 pm

Carlo just said: Both Boa and Mats have a lot of chance to play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BackY
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Effenberg777 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:50 pm

BackY wrote:Carlo just said: Both Boa and Mats have a lot of chance to play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then he said we will check tomorrow and take decisions. That means a no
Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:52 pm

Effenberg777 wrote:
BackY wrote:Carlo just said: Both Boa and Mats have a lot of chance to play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Possibly, but there's hope. They wouldn't have travelled otherwise.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Effenberg777 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:52 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Effenberg777 wrote:

Possibly, but there's hope. They wouldn't have travelled otherwise.

Hummels is a fan of duty free shopping
Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby BackY » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:52 pm

Effenberg777 wrote:

Didn't rlly hear that, but a good chance to PLAY, does not mean NO lol...wtf.

Also one good thing he said, we all forgot: Madrid scores in every game, but they also almost concede in every game :D
BackY
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ed. » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:53 pm

JANCKER wrote:The old Lady from Turin spent that sum after they sold their best player... we'll spend that much if we sell our best player too.

If the team manage to get through, it will be against all the odds.

No, I think Juve were very smart to realize Pogba wasn't their best player but one of their elite players and not irreplaceable.
They are similarly very astute to now mark Dybala and Bonucci as 2 of their best and irreplaceable players.

Whereas, at Bayern on the other hand, we seem to have categorized Thomas Muller as the irreplaceable player simply for sentimental reasons.
Last edited by Ed. on Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ed.
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Effenberg777 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:53 pm

BackY wrote:
Effenberg777 wrote:

Didn't rlly hear that, but a good chance to PLAY, does not mean NO lol...wtf.

Also one good thing he said, we all forgot: Madrid scores in every game, but they also almost concede in every game :D

You think at 3 1 for RM ?
Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:53 pm

Ancelotti said Kimmich is an option at CB but we'll wait and see.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby BackY » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:54 pm

If none of the cbs play, who will play: KIMICH. meaning if they are not fit, we will see Kimich as CB... Could be good for counter attacks, but not so good for arial play.
BackY
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:54 pm

BackY wrote:Also one good thing he said, we all forgot: Madrid scores in every game, but they also almost concede in every game

They've kept a clean sheet about 4 times this season I think. I'm not worried about that... it's stopping them from scoring more than once that's an issue.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby BackY » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:54 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Ancelotti said Kimmich is an option at CB but we'll wait and see.

Why r u faster? DAMN u, hahaha! Good i'll stop :P
BackY
Yeah, now I'm talking!

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League