You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2017-04-18] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.
 

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:45 pm

Real Madrid will win
6
14%
It will end in a draw
5
11%
Bayern Munich will win
33
75%
 
Total votes : 44

Re: [2017-04-18] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:54 pm

It's true that with our injuries our chances of going through are very small, but #12 you're exaggerating too much and we get how much hope you have by now. There's just over a day left, I think it's useless for everyone to keep posting the same thing over and over.

My personal belief is that we have a 25-30% chance of overturning the tie but we need to be at our very best for it to happen.

I disagree that Bale out is necessarily bad for us. If we end up playing Rafinha then him not having to face Bale is a good thing. That said, that means Hummels and Boateng are out so at that point it might not matter much.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31387
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8838 times
Been thanked: 7444 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2017-04-18] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby BackY » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:00 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:It's true that with our injuries our chances of going through are very small, but #12 you're exaggerating too much and we get how much hope you have by now. There's just over a day left, I think it's useless for everyone to keep posting the same thing over and over.

My personal belief is that we have a 25-30% chance of overturning the tie but we need to be at our very best for it to happen.

I disagree that Bale out is necessarily bad for us. If we end up playing Rafinha then him not having to face Bale is a good thing. That said, that means Hummels and Boateng are out so at that point it might not matter much.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Totally true! At least lets feel the hope for one fckuing game :D too many cancers not letting us lol.. I was thinking the same about the %. and also about bale. at least the fear factor and the pesimism when guarding assensio wont be there as much as with bale.
User avatar
BackY
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:56 pm
Location: Skopje
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 52 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2017-04-18] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby Anon P » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:00 pm

Bale out means there's a chance Isco may play, which in many ways is worse. Isco was like a right-footed Messi vs Gijon last weekend; the guy can easily drill past Bernat's flank, which is incredibly dangerous especially considering how Bernat still has to work on improving his defensive skills.
User avatar
Anon P
Getting the hang of it
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:35 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 8 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2017-04-18] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:03 pm

Good thing is that RM lost another aerial presence in Bale.... However, he was unfit the first leg, so having either a fit asensio or isco might be even better for Madrid.
User avatar
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1574
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:14 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 173 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2017-04-18] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby Effenberg777 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:17 pm

Achilles wrote:
Effenberg777 wrote:Zidane is not stupid he played football and he saw what our problems are. He will press us high and will attack us for a goal or two. RM will not park the bus waiting for us to score 2 goals . They have the players to attack us.

Pressing with going all out are two different things, Atletico presses like hell they don't tend to attack first though leaving spaces or losing composure at the midfield let alone the backline. Of course they will at 2/3 of the pitch to destroy our build up, Einstein.
I didn't say they park the bus but they will sit on that 2-1 aggregate, I don't think they will push for an early going forward with 7-8 players and let spaces for a possible counter or Robbery going on 1v1 that's Zidane as a coach man what are you talking about, the guy is a mix of Portuguese & Italian style of coaching, you don't see that he is playing absolutely for the scoreboard? He is trying to nullify his opponent not to thrash him. He was afraid of AS Roma & Manchester City for god's sake...

We had problems at Munich too before the game started, I didn't see what RM or Zidane were prepared(?) We were slightly better on the first half, we could have gone 2-0 over them and it would a whole another game & tie. Judging Bayern with 10-men while they already conceded against a full RM squad it's not the case for me, I'd take the first half as comparison and we did really fine, more chances to score, equally solid defense.


RM will play what Bayern played in the first half with the difference our defence is bad and they have attack. Only some miracles or Neuer can save us for not concede goals.
User avatar
Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 855
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:51 pm
National Flag:
El Salvador
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 191 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2017-04-18] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby Ed. » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:39 pm

I usually only browse this forum passively since it seems to be the best online repository for transfer rumours and injury updates.
Life, work and a baby over the last few years, no longer allow the luxury of being an active forum member :(

However, I had to jump in here though to completely agree with what #12 is saying.

I can't see why some fans are so blindly optimistic ( I reckon it must be these new breed of younger generation fans).
We have such a poor away record for the last 3 yrs in the CL. A win at the bernabeu will be a miracle. I am hopeful we will get the result we need but all the chips are with Real and they are much much more likely to turn the the 2-1 first leg into an aggregate mauling than us overturning the deficit. It will need to be one of those days where everything Bayern does goes right and everything Real does turns to sh*t. It's possible but not likely to happen.

It was mainly this quote that made me jump in:
#12 wrote:There's too many players on the team that think winning it once in their career is enough...


Boateng, Ribery, Robben, Mueller and our management (i.e KHR and Uli) all seem to me to be in this category. The attitude seems to be " The CL is an incredibly tough competition against elite teams and if we go out, than tough luck, we'll try again next year and we don't need to change much"

After 2013, with the squad we had I really believed atleast a couple more CL titles were there for the taking with the addition of 2-3 WC players over a few seasons, but the club hierarchy refuses to take the next step required and I think we are heading for a period of mediocrity just like we did in mid 2000s before we ended with no other option but to buy Klose, Ribery, Toni. History is repeating itself, post Lahm and Robben (I'm not including Ribery, he was done 3 yrs ago) we will struggle for the next 2-3 yrs and then decide to break our paltry transfer record of 40m euros (people may remember how painful a transfer even that was till the club finally decided to payup). We'll then be back in the mix again but the stars we have like Lewa, Neuer, Vidal will have aged on and the whole cycle will repeat.

The point I'm trying to make is it seems the club and everyone involved is content to be in the reckoning and match other elite clubs but never consider the possibility of exceeding them and we have missed a golden opportunity in the last few years to do exactly that.

De Bruyne would have joined Bayern if we had paid up. Imagine him playing in this team. :x It was a staggering decision to give up on him especially as he was only 24 at the time.

All this is no surprise I suppose that Hoeness is back. As long as KHR and Hoeness are still in charge up stairs, nothing will change. I fully expect an underwhelming transfer season in the summer and the next few seasons with an influx of mediocre german talent when the best german talent goes elsewhere and we don't even seem to be aware of the WC talent from other parts of the world that go to the other top clubs. KHR and Hoeness will continue to smirk and belittle the clubs funded by the sheiks and oligarchs and keep pointing to record profits and revenues that Bayern accrues. These clubs will collapse they say and soon be irrelevant. Well, it will be us that are going to be irrelevant soon with the likes of Chelsea, Manu, Man City now also coming on board soon to make a determined effort for CL success.

Even the old Lady in Turin has come to realize what needs to done by breaking the bank for Higuain. All that mattered was how much he was needed by Juve, not how much they were willing to pay.
Ed.
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 157
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:15 pm
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 74 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2017-04-18] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby Ed. » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:45 pm

As for the game itself, I reckon it'll be Real 2-1 or 3-1.
Ed.
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 157
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:15 pm
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 74 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2017-04-18] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby kod2600 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:51 pm

Ed. wrote: I think we are heading for a period of mediocrity just like we did in mid 2000s


That's an exaggeration.
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
User avatar
kod2600
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1377
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:57 pm
National Flag:
Palestine
Has thanked: 177 times
Been thanked: 741 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2017-04-18] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby JANCKER » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:52 pm

The old Lady from Turin spent that sum after they sold their best player... we'll spend that much if we sell our best player too.

If the team manage to get through, it will be against all the odds.
.........................................Image.........................................
User avatar
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 17589
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:03 am
Location: 710 miles SE from Allianz Arena
National Flag:
Basque Country
Has thanked: 9162 times
Been thanked: 8471 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2017-04-18] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby #12 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:57 pm

BackY wrote:
#12 wrote:Says who? After Heynckes, no one even considered playing Javi in midfield... If I was to bet, I'd say you'll never see him there again...
And I'm not talking bad about them, but just keep lying to yourself... Yes, we're going to the semifinal with a victory in Madrid, yes, we don't neednew wingers, yes, we'll be a top contender for the CL for years without paying the money needed... I get it now... Yes, my brain is not working...

BTT before one of the mods gets angry: Since Bale is definitely out, Zidane is considering Isco - more bad news IMHO...


When did he have a full fit squad so he could play? before 2weeks ago only? and right after 2days we got 3-4more injuries? wtf are u talking man? do u even watch bayern??? We bought players, we buy young talents, we dont throw money like idiots, that's what brought us to the top3 teams in the world, and just cause we cant win every year, doesnt make us weak, learn about football, stop saying stupid ass comments man, ur embarassing urself rlly.


No, but losing in the same depressive way to the same teams over and over again makes us weak...
We don't have to throw money like idiots, but the Hashemians, Schlaudraffs, Wiesingers, Daeis, Pranjics, Braafheids, Shaqiris, Rodes never did advance us, and neither will the Rudys, Brandts, Gnabrys and whatnot...

You may have your hope, I don't know why FCBM addressed me, cause I was merely replying - as I am now...
But I'm 100% positive I will be right about this game, the Martinez thing and us going back to AT LEAST second tier in Europe... Most of it will take time to prove... One of those things we'll talk about in a good 29 hours, until then I think it's best to pause this discussion, as you're saying it's embarrassing - well; sometimes the truth is just that... But I doubt it'll be more embarrassing for me than it will be for you...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
User avatar
#12
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 9220
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 377 times
Been thanked: 2534 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2017-04-18] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby SrLuisGuilherme » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:06 pm

Ed. wrote:I usually only browse this forum passively since it seems to be the best online repository for transfer rumours and injury updates.
Life, work and a baby over the last few years, no longer allow the luxury of being an active forum member :(

However, I had to jump in here though to completely agree with what #12 is saying.

I can't see why some fans are so blindly optimistic ( I reckon it must be these new breed of younger generation fans).
We have such a poor away record for the last 3 yrs in the CL. A win at the bernabeu will be a miracle. I am hopeful we will get the result we need but all the chips are with Real and they are much much more likely to turn the the 2-1 first leg into an aggregate mauling than us overturning the deficit. It will need to be one of those days where everything Bayern does goes right and everything Real does turns to sh*t. It's possible but not likely to happen.

It was mainly this quote that made me jump in:
#12 wrote:There's too many players on the team that think winning it once in their career is enough...


Boateng, Ribery, Robben, Mueller and our management (i.e KHR and Uli) all seem to me to be in this category. The attitude seems to be " The CL is an incredibly tough competition against elite teams and if we go out, than tough luck, we'll try again next year and we don't need to change much"

After 2013, with the squad we had I really believed atleast a couple more CL titles were there for the taking with the addition of 2-3 WC players over a few seasons, but the club hierarchy refuses to take the next step required and I think we are heading for a period of mediocrity just like we did in mid 2000s before we ended with no other option but to buy Klose, Ribery, Toni. History is repeating itself, post Lahm and Robben (I'm not including Ribery, he was done 3 yrs ago) we will struggle for the next 2-3 yrs and then decide to break our paltry transfer record of 40m euros (people may remember how painful a transfer even that was till the club finally decided to payup). We'll then be back in the mix again but the stars we have like Lewa, Neuer, Vidal will have aged on and the whole cycle will repeat.

The point I'm trying to make is it seems the club and everyone involved is content to be in the reckoning and match other elite clubs but never consider the possibility of exceeding them and we have missed a golden opportunity in the last few years to do exactly that.

De Bruyne would have joined Bayern if we had paid up. Imagine him playing in this team. :x It was a staggering decision to give up on him especially as he was only 24 at the time.

All this is no surprise I suppose that Hoeness is back. As long as KHR and Hoeness are still in charge up stairs, nothing will change. I fully expect an underwhelming transfer season in the summer and the next few seasons with an influx of mediocre german talent when the best german talent goes elsewhere and we don't even seem to be aware of the WC talent from other parts of the world that go to the other top clubs. KHR and Hoeness will continue to smirk and belittle the clubs funded by the sheiks and oligarchs and keep pointing to record profits and revenues that Bayern accrues. These clubs will collapse they say and soon be irrelevant. Well, it will be us that are going to be irrelevant soon with the likes of Chelsea, Manu, Man City now also coming on board soon to make a determined effort for CL success.

Even the old Lady in Turin has come to realize what needs to done by breaking the bank for Higuain. All that mattered was how much he was needed by Juve, not how much they were willing to pay.

harsh reality... :(
CARLO RAUS
User avatar
SrLuisGuilherme
I post all the time
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 1544
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:14 am
Has thanked: 604 times
Been thanked: 741 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2017-04-18] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby SilentStrike » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:23 pm

Some of the posts are a bit of an exaggeration. We still have an amazing squad, far bettee than mid - 2000's. However I too share the annoyance of us being too cheap to buy Sané and De Bruyne when they really wanted to come to us. These two players are worth it to break the bank for. Once we're no longer a top3 team in the world it'll be near impossible to attract the best of the best like them.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
User avatar
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3724
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:34 am
Location: Netherlands
National Flag:
Netherlands
Has thanked: 160 times
Been thanked: 437 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: [2017-04-18] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby Effenberg777 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:24 pm

User avatar
Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 855
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:51 pm
National Flag:
El Salvador
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 191 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2017-04-18] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby Ed. » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:27 pm

kod2600 wrote:
Ed. wrote: I think we are heading for a period of mediocrity just like we did in mid 2000s


That's an exaggeration.


I meant mediocrity in the CL.

I don't know about the other fans here but I've been watching Bayern for 25 yrs and now I don't really enjoy watching us in the BL anymore. Yes, we have assembled a formidable squad but the rest of the BL has really deteriorated in quality as well making the team seem much better than they are.
Ed.
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 157
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:15 pm
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 74 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2017-04-18] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby BackY » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:30 pm

User avatar
BackY
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:56 pm
Location: Skopje
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 52 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: IsiahRashad, James11 and 25 guests