You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2017-04-18] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:45 pm

Real Madrid will win
14%
It will end in a draw
11%
Bayern Munich will win
75%

Total votes : 44

Re: [2017-04-18] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby #12 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:58 pm

We lost that one... But we had a fighting spirit back then that seems completely lost now
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby kod2600 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:08 am

#12 wrote:We lost that one... But we had a fighting spirit back then that seems completely lost now

I obviously know we lost -_- But I'm talking about the fighting spirit you mentioned. This could come back. I hope.
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby Alduin » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:24 am

We can still win this as long as Lewandowski plays. If Hummels plays even better. Our players will need to focus the whole game and play the game of their lives. Lahm deserves to win another Champions League title. They must play like there is no tomorrow.
Mia San Mia!
Alduin
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Costa Rica

Postby EverFresh » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:38 am

Not looking too good but I will still hope and cheer, and if the game starts going bad I will hope and cheer that someone punches Marcelo in his stupid face, hopefully Boateng, dude could probably throw a punch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
"Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win."
EverFresh
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby EverFresh » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:40 am

EverFresh wrote:Not looking too good but I will still hope and cheer, and if the game starts going bad I will hope and cheer that someone punches Marcelo in his stupid face, hopefully Boateng, dude could probably throw a punch.

That's probably too violent, if the game starts going bad I hope someone makes Marcelo feel really bad about himself.

"Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win."
EverFresh
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby SrLuisGuilherme » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:27 am

time for a Lahm brace to send us to the semis! 0-2 Bayern, no way that shit yesterday was Lahm's last UCL match at Allianz Arena
CARLO RAUS
SrLuisGuilherme
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby krisopi4eto1 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:08 am

Guys, the worst thing in my opinion is Real's attitude and moral right now. They have a winning mentality(and formula) which is just too hard not to concede. Marcelo and Carvajal bombing the wings with crosses against our unorganized defence and BBC in the box. I can't understand how did we not create more chances in the first half. True we could have been up 2-0, but a corner goal and a non existing penalty? Ribery was useless against Carvajal, and Robben couldn't do much because he was going against Marcelo and Ramos every time with Casemiro covering. That's why im worried. I really hope Lewa's hold up and link up play can break down their defence(which not the strongest individually(Nacho) is very organized).
krisopi4eto1
Getting the hang of it

Postby Manchu » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:46 am

krisopi4eto1 wrote:Guys, the worst thing in my opinion is Real's attitude and moral right now. They have a winning mentality(and formula) which is just too hard not to concede. Marcelo and Carvajal bombing the wings with crosses against our unorganized defence and BBC in the box. I can't understand how did we not create more chances in the first half. True we could have been up 2-0, but a corner goal and a non existing penalty? Ribery was useless against Carvajal, and Robben couldn't do much because he was going against Marcelo and Ramos every time with Casemiro covering. That's why im worried. I really hope Lewa's hold up and link up play can break down their defence(which not the strongest individually(Nacho) is very organized).

Attacking down the wings isn't really the best way to attack against Real Madrid-they have two of the best fullbacks in the business. However, their central defenders aren't as good, even Ramos, so we need to hit them hard through the center. That's why playing Muller and Lewandowski together is so essential.

Moreover, we attack very differently when both Lewandowski and Muller are in the center, so I'm not incredibly worried about that.
Manchu
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Anon P » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:37 am

I will be blatantly honest, and I might get a lot of hate from this, but

Kimmich's performance as a CB last year was horrendous.

Firstly, the games when he played CB in the bundesliga were games against mostly sub-par teams, where he either 1/ did not have to do a lot of defending because we had so much possession and Vidal and Alonso last year (remember Vidal's form in the 2nd half?) were able to protect him from midfield or 2/ he only had to defend against mediocre strikers. Just look at when he had to play against the upper echelon of Buli teams and against Juve, man I was horrified.

On this note, the fact that he'll be playing CB vs. RMA is out of the question. If Hummels can't play, its Alaba or Alonso. Alonso won't have to move a lot as a CB, so if he can mark his players well, use the offside trap and run minimally, he may get a nod ahead of Alaba. Secondly, a lot of his sloppy possession and passing comes from when he has his back against their half, which won't be the case if he's playing as CB. Finally, he has the best stature out of all our midfielders who are available, so he'll be somewhat able to cover lofted balls, in theory.

No hate towards the kid as I think he is a wonderful player. He is really a good mix of Thiago and Alonso, but fielding him as CB vs RMA is not how you win that game.
Anon P
Getting the hang of it

Years of membership

Postby krisopi4eto1 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:08 am

Manchu wrote:
krisopi4eto1 wrote:Guys, the worst thing in my opinion is Real's attitude and moral right now. They have a winning mentality(and formula) which is just too hard not to concede. Marcelo and Carvajal bombing the wings with crosses against our unorganized defence and BBC in the box. I can't understand how did we not create more chances in the first half. True we could have been up 2-0, but a corner goal and a non existing penalty? Ribery was useless against Carvajal, and Robben couldn't do much because he was going against Marcelo and Ramos every time with Casemiro covering. That's why im worried. I really hope Lewa's hold up and link up play can break down their defence(which not the strongest individually(Nacho) is very organized).

Attacking down the wings isn't really the best way to attack against Real Madrid-they have two of the best fullbacks in the business. However, their central defenders aren't as good, even Ramos, so we need to hit them hard through the center. That's why playing Muller and Lewandowski together is so essential.

Moreover, we attack very differently when both Lewandowski and Muller are in the center, so I'm not incredibly worried about that.

I have to disagree to an extent. It's true they have two of the best fullbacks, but Marcelo is just not good enough defensively to coupe with Robben 1on1. Even the analysists in my country said that 1on1 is a mismatch, but they adapted their gameplan to counter that. I agree with you playing both Muller and Lewa can bring great success. Didn't think about that.
krisopi4eto1
Getting the hang of it

Postby Manchu » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:16 am

krisopi4eto1 wrote:I have to disagree to an extent. It's true they have two of the best fullbacks, but Marcelo is just not good enough defensively to coupe with Robben 1on1. Even the analysists in my country said that 1on1 is a mismatch, but they adapted their gameplan to counter that. I agree with you playing both Muller and Lewa can bring great success. Didn't think about that.

Yeah, you're right about why Robben was having trouble. I don't know what came over me to mention "Marcelo" and "good at defense" in the same sentence.

Moreover, that just makes playing Muller and Lewandowski together all the more important. Trying to triple team Robben when you have to deal with two forwards, one of whom is excellent at finding and creating space and the other one adept at scoring off of the slightest chance, is a recipe for disaster.

Finally, it must be said that, when we play the 4-2-3-1 with Muller and Lewandowski, we're really able to attack in any manner whatsoever. We can attack down the wings, we can attack through the center, we can attack through long balls, we an attack through short passing. I don't really see anyway for any team, even Real Madrid, to completely shut our offense down because countering one method of attacking opens the door for another. I'm not saying that we'll definitely make it through, but I think we can give one hell of a fight no matter what.

That being said, if Ancelotti doesn't play Muller behind Lewandowski and drop Alonso, I'm done with him; I'll even demand that he be sacked. Playing an average game with an average lineup won't cut it here. If we want to progress, we need to experiment, if playing your best Bundesliga lineup can be considered "experimenting." When we've starter Lewandowski and Muller and not started Alonso, there is not a single game this season, home or away, when we have failed to score at least 3 times. Real Madrid is a better team than our Bundesliga opposition, but we only need to score twice to screw up their day, and I believe we can do it.
Manchu
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:28 am

Robben went past Marcelo and company on a few occasions, but he never made the right pass/decision after that. Might be time to consider playing all 3 wingers together next week in Ribery/Costa/Robben and overloading Marcelo/cr7 side in attack.

Lahm-Boateng-alaba-Bernat
Thiago-Vidal
Robben-Ribery-Costa
Lewandowski

Also, Lahm has to be more adventurous next week. Last week, him and Robben never combined well on the flanks.

THiago isn't as good of a passer as Alonso, but he dictates the ball at a good pace and is now at least reliable defensively to play from the back. Ideally, it would be Muller as one of the 3 attacking mids, but his form has been so bad....
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:35 am

Any news on Varane and Pepe?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Achilles » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:52 am

They are both out @MUTU 100%

Pepe is out for the whole season actually and Varane is expected to return on May 3.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby BackY » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:16 am

Achilles wrote:They are both out @MUTU 100%

Pepe is out for the whole season actually and Varane is expected to return on May 3.

Well well well... Isnt that good news???? Our attack at its best vs thah defence? Alao Bale is 90% out if not 100%. He is in doubt even for the El Classico let alone against us.
BackY
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League