You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2017-04-18] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:45 pm

Real Madrid will win
14%
It will end in a draw
11%
Bayern Munich will win
75%

Total votes : 44

Re: [2017-04-18] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby FCB&Paulaner » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:21 pm

#12 wrote:What I mean? Throughout history there were THREE German victories at the Bernabeu... One was the Schalke game that is coming out of everyone's ears (eyes?) in this thread already... A 0-1 in our 2001 victory year, and a 2-4 a year ago in group stage... We NEVER won there except for those incidents, and we also didn't score in that range - so yeah, ONE time that happened...

So, it's not one time, but two victories.

On the other hand you are overanalysing this. This is not chess, it's football. It's not because of Guardiola that we became beatable suddenly. In CL it's episodes most of the time that decide such games. In Munich during Guardiola era we conceded three times in set pieces, in a very short time. It was his first year and defensively we were a mess, but has nothing to do with physicality. I am sure professionals at such level have gone through the 'guidelines' how to defend corners, but still in football you concede from corners, etc, etc. The first half in Munich against Athleti was a near perfect football against a very physical team, we could have been +3 up. Against Barcelona we played with our C team in Camp Nou, and so on. You need luck sometimes in football.

Now in Munich if Vidal converted that penalty, and scored the second header, etc, the analysis of the game now would have been entirely different. Don't forget we were playing without a striker, against Madrid for christ sake. Now, I am not saying we have good chances of qualifying, but that is only because of the CD chaos. With a fully fit squad I think this Bayern team has what it takes to make it.
FCB&Paulaner
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby BackY » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:23 pm

#12 wrote:Afraid of that outcome or me being right?

Why did u say that about Leipzig? or saying this now about RM?
What u want to proove? That we are weak, or didnt invest enough in transfers or what? I'm honestly curious to know..
BackY
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Effenberg777 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:27 pm

Too many ifs. We have to face the reality. You mention the penalty but you dont mention how many shots saved Neuer. Life doesnt end if we lose in Madrid this team we will be always in our hearts !
Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby RAJBAYERN » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:30 pm

No matter what we thinks, the true will be in the legs of the starting bayern players, so the only thing we can do as fans is to watch and believe. Hopefully celebrating in the end.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby FCB&Paulaner » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:18 pm

Effenberg777 wrote:Too many ifs. We have to face the reality. You mention the penalty but you dont mention how many shots saved Neuer.

My point was that this games are often decided by episodes, and it is not that we started some decline after 2013, bla, bla, bad strategy, we are easily beatable now etc. We have been coached by some of the football greats, sometimes it just doesn't work. So I was making a point against that. Neuer started saving shots, after the red card. In the first half only one worthy save, that was it, then after the red card he saved more than in the entire Bundesliga season. Still an episode, right. Unfortunately, it is always about what ifs. Same will be in the second game in Madrid. Hopefully this time it goes our way.
FCB&Paulaner
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby dstroe » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:54 pm

I know we are playing at the Bernabeu but I still think some people are underestimating how big a difference Lewy will make. Muller was literally complete shit as a #9 and even then we had an offside call against us that could've led to a goal. I think Lewy will be closer to 100% then a lot think. Our biggest concern is the defense. If we could just have Hummels back it would help a lot. Even though Alaba is not amazing at CB it might help to have that extra pace to fend off counterattacks. Boateng was nowhere near 100% and Martinez had to take those yellows because we didnt have the pace to get back and defend those counters. No matter what happens we will all continue supporting the team but there is absolutely no point in not believing we can go through. We as fans need to believe to matter how long the odds are. We still have a great squad and Im still predicting 3-2 to us. Lets do this
dstroe
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby MiaSanFCB » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:18 am

MiaSanFCB
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Uruguay

Postby #12 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:37 am

DiegoForlan wrote:
#12 wrote:Again, this is not pessimism but realism... You'll see...

You rly are annoying, you know what a fan is? A fan is someone who cheers for his team. You know what cheering is? It's wanting, believing and supporting to success. You say that you are throwing out facts, but there's still odds and we are stupid not to have any faith in those, our team would be stupid too by not having any. Football is not the right sport for you to watch if you're into being scientifically objective and predictable, I mean there's a reason why Knocks are played in two legs. If football was easy to guess like that I'd be a milionare by now.

And let me remind you, we lost 1:2, those numbers are nothing compared to other results that have been turned over in the past, aswell as the teams, that did those compared to Bayern, are nothing . Ur acting as the Clever kid who is everything but clever.

If we don't go through, please, don't come here moaning about yourself being right. You did nothing we couldnt, but we did something u can't by believing in the team we are fond of. Or you could say we were just being fans.

Why wouldn't I? You'd do the same thing...

It's not about science... And bring a fan is more than mere blindness... It's getting the FEEL of a team to... The spirit, the vibes, the mentality... Say all you want, we don't have said mentality right now and there's an opponent that actually has a little knowledge of how to play this game too... So mich as for teams worse than Bayern - true, but also against opposition worse than Madrid...
I thought this was also a forum where you can discuss soccer, exchange facts... More so than a mere fanboy spot... If you think I'm negative, why don't you give me SOMETHING that makes you feel positive? Other than "we'll score two 100%" when we basically never did in years?! Well, I can do it for you, here's a positive I still doubt will help us, but: whenever RM actually had to face a team at home that didn't hid this season, that played courageously offensive, they struggled... Now I mentioned this on the last few pages: I'm curious IF, for once, we actually DO and not just talk about it... And you'd be an idiot to think I wouldn't be happy about it...

BackY wrote:
#12 wrote:Afraid of that outcome or me being right?

Why did u say that about Leipzig? or saying this now about RM?
What u want to proove? That we are weak, or didnt invest enough in transfers or what? I'm honestly curious to know..

The Leipzig thing is pretty easy: we were shit for 75% of the season... Yes, we managed to accumulate some points somehow, but that was ugly ass soccer and a lot of luck... Plus they were coming REALLY close, then they lost in Munich and started a negative streak...
Now our form is better now, but we are also a momentum team, not one to turn the tides really... Plus we should have a coach that knows them in and out, yet we saw nothing of that in Munich...
So what I was trying to say back then was: we need another coach... What I'm saying now: he has a hand in it, but it's not just him... We need some REAL transfers, not the Brandts, Gnabrys and Rudys, but top shelf players... And we need to get the Bayern spirit back! We also played dominant with Jupp, with van Gaal, but we were able to fight... That red card (and the equalizer before it!) would've never overthrown us in that way a few years back... Instead we became nervous and eben our best players (Robben) were unable to complete 2m passes... I can only speculate, but I think that's also on the coaches... Now Guardiola brought some different approach to the style of play at least, but Ancelotti didn't even really fix the defense... That really gets you (or me...) thinking...
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Germany

Postby BackY » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:49 am

#12 wrote:The Leipzig thing is pretty easy: we were shit for 75% of the season... Yes, we managed to accumulate some points somehow, but that was ugly ass soccer and a lot of luck... Plus they were coming REALLY close, then they lost in Munich and started a negative streak...
Now our form is better now, but we are also a momentum team, not one to turn the tides really... Plus we should have a coach that knows them in and out, yet we saw nothing of that in Munich...
So what I was trying to say back then was: we need another coach... What I'm saying now: he has a hand in it, but it's not just him... We need some REAL transfers, not the Brandts, Gnabrys and Rudys, but top shelf players... And we need to get the Bayern spirit back! We also played dominant with Jupp, with van Gaal, but we were able to fight... That red card (and the equalizer before it!) would've never overthrown us in that way a few years back... Instead we became nervous and eben our best players (Robben) were unable to complete 2m passes... I can only speculate, but I think that's also on the coaches... Now Guardiola brought some different approach to the style of play at least, but Ancelotti didn't even really fix the defense... That really gets you (or me...) thinking...

I better stop reading the reply at "but that was ugly ass soccer and a lot of luck"... omfg... rlly man???????? are u for real? u made some good points but, this? wtf...
BackY
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby #12 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:01 am

You're telling me a more than lucky 0-1 at DARMSTADT - among others - is Bayernlike?

National Flag:
Germany

Postby BackY » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:05 am

#12 wrote:You're telling me a more than lucky 0-1 at DARMSTADT - among others - is Bayernlike?

Let's talk about most of other 30 games lol? wtf is wrong with u man. if ur saying bundesliga wins were lucky, idk what to say. I rlly shouldn't be mad at u in that case lol.
BackY
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby #12 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:26 am

Freiburg... Bremen... Ingolstadt... Hertha... Hamburg...

They were... And I was not the only one on this forum who was maaaad about it... Now we really started to pick up pace lately... Unfortunately not enough to get a better result in the first leg...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby zozon » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:38 am

MUTU, all other admins/moderators:

Is this a real fan-forum? Is this a Bayern FAN forum? I know its a public forum where people can say their opinions, but I wanna know for how long you are going to keep this false Bayern "fan", nicknamed "#12" on this forum?

I'm here for almost 4 years now and I have yet to see a positive post from this member regarding Bayern. I also know that there is a ignore option, but I will do it, some other dude will do it and there's that. The guy will keep on spitting load of bollocks, on multiple threads, constantly depressing the forum.

So I ask you again - for how long you will allow the member to keep ruining YOUR forum and spreading absolute anti-fan attitude on the same forum?
For how long members in here will get to see his posts, spreading nothing but a pure anti-fan sh*t?

And if you think this is a personal post, see the number of likes on my post going up. I know what he thinks of Bayern, but other people need to be warned of his presence on this forum and what's his form of "contribution" to it.
Last edited by zozon on Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
zozon
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Dumbledore7 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:48 am

Hey guys, both sides, what the **** is the point? Do you have nothing better to do in your lives? It's Easter, chat with your family or some shit.

What a bunch of **** children, embarrassing.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby tflags » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:42 am

Without getting into personal territory, all people are free to spend their Easter as they please and/or can. (Happy belated Easter to everyone btw.) I'm currently overseas and quite away from home so the forum is quite a fun way to forget about work/home. Like I said, it's a free world mostly. Not everyone can be near family. :(

Other than that I've seen a lot of off topicing lately and I get it that most of all are worried about an early end-of-the season. So I do ask everyone to please stick to topic and do post your points of view/opinions in any matter on their respective threads. All topics are welcomed and I found them (about all of them) quite interesting.

Cheers and let's hold up those spirits till tomorrow. Hala Bayern!
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League