You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2017-04-18] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:45 pm

Real Madrid will win
14%
It will end in a draw
11%
Bayern Munich will win
75%

Total votes : 44

Re: [2017-04-18] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby #12 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:57 pm

Yep... Neverkusen stopped that IIRC... Then Guardiola, then Schalke, now us again... They even lost at WOB FFS...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Re: [2017-04-12] Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid

Postby SrLuisGuilherme » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:57 pm

bastos80 wrote:With Hummels and Boateng out the best thing we could probably do is go all out offensively.

---------------- Lewandowski ---------------
Ribéry ------------ Müller -------------- Robben
------------- Thiago ----- Vidal -----------------
Bernat ----- Alaba ------- Kimmich ------Lahm
--------------------- Neuer -----------------------

Attack is the best defense... Or so they say.

it's more likely to see Feldhahn in defense than Kimmich at CB under Ancelotti...
CARLO RAUS
SrLuisGuilherme
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby bastos80 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:57 pm

BackY wrote:A speculation says boa is ok to play but he could tear the muscle ligament if he does. Its up to him to play, but knowing him he will 100% play... afterall its just speculation

It was also up to Lewandowski to play, but he told Ancelotti he's got too much pain so we left him on the stands.
Same will happen to Boateng, if the medical staff even gives the green light.
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby bastos80 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:59 pm

#12 wrote:
bastos80 wrote:I think 1-0 is a extremely unrealistic result.
Penalties would just be unlucky. Couldn't be mad about it.

With our record it's not just unlucky... It's embarrassing how we overall did on penalties since 2012...

Win against Madrid, loss against Chelsea, win against Chelsea, win against Leverkusen, loss against Dortmund, win against BVB.
What's the problem? :?
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

[2017-04-18] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:02 pm

Yes we seem to kick better in shootouts. We had also won vs Gladbach in 2012 I think... When Dante missed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:12 pm

bastos80 wrote:
#12 wrote:
bastos80 wrote:I think 1-0 is a extremely unrealistic result.
Penalties would just be unlucky. Couldn't be mad about it.

With our record it's not just unlucky... It's embarrassing how we overall did on penalties since 2012...

Win against Madrid, loss against Chelsea, win against Chelsea, win against Leverkusen, loss against Dortmund, win against BVB.
What's the problem? :?

I said overall... That includes "in-game" penalties...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby harry-muc » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:21 pm

all this talk now doesnt matter. we have a chance around 15-20% to go trough. and im happy to believe in our team till we are down 0:1 and there are only 2 minutes left.
harry-muc
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Effenberg777 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:26 pm

FCB&Paulaner wrote:if we have the entire squad fit and lewa in form, I don't care whom we play. Winning in Bernabeu has been a Bayern specialty, scoring at least 2-3 or even 4 there has been also a bayern specialty, this in the Galacticos era. So, if the team is fit and treats this game as a final, it's all doable. We were our own enemies last game, so let's hope for a bit of luck this time. Real is not a scary team, compared to for example Juventus, or Atleti, defensive wise. Overturning a deficit against the former would have been near mission impossible, but not against Real. We need not respect them at all and press high their defence, just as we did in the first half in Munich. of course it will be a complicated tie, but far from over. An early goal is what we need the most. This will make the game very tense, and could be in our favour as they play at home and will try to attack, creating more space. We need to be effective on the counters and set pieces.
[/quote]

Dude, one time that happened

what do you mean, 'one time..'

Nothing is impossible, true, but it's highly unlikely...
It's football odds mean nothing sometimes. With a fit squad, it's still a game to be played by both teams. Real knows they should not make the mistake of considering themselves qualified on paper. It's 90 more minutes that need to be played with high intensity by both teams. Let's see who wants it more.[/quote]

What I mean? Throughout history there were THREE German victories at the Bernabeu... One was the Schalke game that is coming out of everyone's ears (eyes?) in this thread already... A 0-1 in our 2001 victory year, and a 2-4 a year ago in group stage... We NEVER won there except for those incidents, and we also didn't score in that range - so yeah, ONE time that happened...

We are not able to put up that intensity! They feared us! They were terrified! Because they couldn't handle our physicality... It was a severe problem for them... Then we started to bring in the Spaniard and lost there 1-0 without seriously being dangerous, and everybody including the skipper patted their shoulders because of a supposedly special performance... Yeah, we had possession, but they had the opportunities... We lacked physicality... The same physicality Schalke put up in that game... That's why they won and we're taking shit from them all the time! We brought in a coach to keep track of them, at a time where we had - for the first time ever - actually overtaken them... And the result was not making us better against them, but against the Darmstadts, Hamburgs and Bremens, while becoming very very beatable for them...[/quote]

I am not ussually see the things same as #12 does but this time he have one of best comments about the game in Madrid. We really need to brake our limits to change something and to be honest I dont see our players believing in a qualification. We are missing something from old Bayern mentality, we are missing that fight for every ball or meter. I will not say we are missing german mentality because we had lots of non german players that fought for this club maybe more than german ones. I could say this started with Pep and continued with Carlo.
Maybe our players have their limits, but imagine how the game from Munich was with a Coman and Costa fighting for every ball and doing defence work. You dont have to be super talented to run and fight for the ball. I can understand you cant pass the ball like Kroos but at least you can put him in troubles. And is very easy to see a player that plays with passion cos we have vidal. Carlo just have to give them this advice: play like vidal.100% nothing more nothing less. Our players need to solve the problems from their heads first then we can make a good game over there.
Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby MiaSanFCB » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:29 pm

Some stats prior to the match :coffee:

- Bayern have lost their last 4 matches against Real Madrid in UCL (scoring just 2 goals in that matches).

- Bayern have lost their last 5 matches at the Bernabeu in UCL (6 counting UCL 2009/10 Final - Last victory 1-0 in UCL 2000/01 SF).

- Bayern haven't scored in their last 4 matches in Spain (0-1 RM 2013/14, 0-3 Barcelona 2014/15, 0-1 Atletico 2015/16, 0-1 Atletico 2016/17, last goal against Barcelona 2012/13 SF).

- Bayern haven't scored more than 1 goal (minimum to qualify) in 10 of the 11 previous matches in Madrid (Only time: UCL 1999/00 Group Stage 4-2 win).

- Bayern have won just 2 of their last 10 away games in UCL Knockout stages (4 draws and 4 defeats. Both victories were against Arsenal, in both matches Arsenal were down to 10 men).

- Bayern have qualified for UCL SF in their last 5 seasons (Last elimination before SF - UCL 2010/11 - 3-3 on away goals against Inter)

- Bayern have lost four home first legs in UEFA competition and won two of those ties on aggregate, most recently against FC Lokomotiv Moskva in the 1995/96 UEFA Cup first round (0-1 h, 5-0 a). Both defeats came when the first match finished 2-1 to the visitors, however; against Norwich City in the 1993/94 UEFA Cup second round (1-1 a) and FK Crvena zvezda in the 1990/91 European Champion Clubs' Cup semi-finals (2-2 a).

- Real Madrid have scored in their last 54 competitive matches (Club record- Last time they couldn't score - UCL 2015/16 SF 0-0 Manchester City)

- Real Madrid have received more than 1 goal at the Bernabeu in just 2 of their last 15 matches in UCL knockout stages (5-2 Nicosia in 2011/12 and 3-4 Schalke 2014/15, winning 12 of that 15 matches).

- Real Madrid have qualified for UCL SF in their last 6 seasons (Last elimination before SF - UCL 2009/10 - 2-1 on aggregate against Lyon)

- Only twice in UEFA Champions League history a team have overhauled a first-leg home defeat to win the tie. (Bayern 1-0, 2-3 Inter 2010/11 and Panathinaikos 1-0, 0-3 Ajax 1995/96).

- Real Madrid have lost only one of the 31 UEFA competition ties in which they won the first leg away from home. The exception came against Odense BK in the 1994/95 UEFA Cup third round when a 3-2 away success preceded a 2-0 home reverse.

Stats are made to be broken but...it seems unlikely this time :shock: :shock:
Last edited by MiaSanFCB on Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MiaSanFCB
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Uruguay

Postby #12 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:30 pm

harry-muc wrote:all this talk now doesnt matter. we have a chance around 15-20% to go trough. and im happy to believe in our team till we are down 0:1 and there are only 2 minutes left.

Not gonna mention a certain game here, but you can even score two in the dying minutes...

I think if we play 50 games, there is one where we even stand a CHANCE of getting the result we need... So it's more like 2%...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:42 pm

I would play Vidal as the n10 and Thiago-Alonso supporting him. With Lewandowski mystery health, Vidal is in good form still even with the pk miss.

Madrid isnt afraid of Thiago scoring, but they are definitely afraid of VIDAL scoring against them. Give Vidal the free role and let him attack. Make Lewandowski be a decoy to Vidal
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Postby MiaSanFCB » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:46 pm

Effe11 wrote:Just remember Schalke won 4:3 at Santiago Bernabeu last year.
So why dont we make the same!

They tend to underestimate small teams especially if they have a good advantage in the tie, that certainly won't be the case this time, though. They will be fully concentrated because of Bayern's individual quality.
MiaSanFCB
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Uruguay

Postby harry-muc » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:03 pm

#12 wrote:
harry-muc wrote:all this talk now doesnt matter. we have a chance around 15-20% to go trough. and im happy to believe in our team till we are down 0:1 and there are only 2 minutes left.

Not gonna mention a certain game here, but you can even score two in the dying minutes...

I think if we play 50 games, there is one where we even stand a CHANCE of getting the result we need... So it's more like 2%...

what game? such a game never happened. :evil: :wink:
maybe 15-20% is a bit too optimistic, but 2% is too pessimistic....we should meet at 10%. :mrgreen:
harry-muc
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Effenberg777 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:18 pm

2% is resonable
Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby #12 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:16 pm

5 max - if and only IF we play the best away game in 4 years...

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League