You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2017-04-18] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:45 pm

Real Madrid will win
14%
It will end in a draw
11%
Bayern Munich will win
75%

Total votes : 44

Re: [2017-04-18] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby dras_l » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:53 am

Without proper CB pair will have to keep high pressure on opponent side, without young players that will be impossible whole game. Since Kimmich will play in back line (CB or RB) that means Renato has to start game in midfield. We are playing against top opponent, would like we got BVB, Monaco, Leicester and we have most important players in squad, but if it would be easy than every club could do it. In season 2012/2013 we almost have not had progress to semi against Arsenal, there is always small details that decide game. I would bet Lahm is going to be man of the match since this could be his final CL game.
Better strategic retreat than dishonorable defeat
dras_l
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby MoFattal » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:01 am

We can speculate as much as we want, but this will most probably be the lineup on Tuesday:

*Hummels might make it, and hence would make our defense look a lot better, but I do not really trust our medical staff in getting him 100% fit for the game.

On paper, this is a very decent squad. However, this is also our most predictable squad. Real Madrid and Zidane are preparing to face this.

On a personal note, I've been disappointed a lot by Muller over the course of last year, but I do feel that having him start this game with Thiago as our deep central midfielder might bring about a certain variable of uncertainty that could hurt Madrid. Having rested their (almost) entire squad over the weekend, Real will be ready and fit to face Alonso and co. as successfully as they did in Munich. Carlo isn't the "imaginative" type of coach, but I think our already slim chances might be boosted a bit if he actually changes the very-much predicted lineup. But given that this might be Alonso's last game in the CL, he is certain to start.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Argeta » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:05 am

So much pessimism here, "even if we score 2 we will lose on penalties" xD.. No we won't! We will do a 2012
Argeta
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MoFattal » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:11 am

Over the last three years, we have forced ourselves into believing, even against Barcelona when we were 0-3 down. Still, we ended up disappointed on all three occasions. I think the current pessimism is perfectly normal. We all love and cheer for the same team, and I would easily assume that we ALL would want a comeback on Tuesday, but it might be time for us to get our expectations down a notch given our recent trend in return games against the other elite.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby DRvad14 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:27 am

Viktor Kassai (HUN) will officiate the game
DRvad14
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby #12 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:38 am

It's just getting real basically
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby BackY » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:41 am

DRvad14 wrote:Viktor Kassai (HUN) will officiate the game

He was always a good luck for us ,if i'm not mistaken, right?
But tends to **** some games up.
BackY
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:42 am

For the supersitious: Kassai was the referee when we progressed on penalties at the Bernabeu in 2012. He was also the referee when we put 4 past Barca a year later.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:45 am

On a more realistic level I consider him a better referee than Rizzoli.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby DRvad14 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:51 am

DRvad14
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:55 am

Dammit Boateng
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby BackY » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:57 am

Mats is going to travel with the team, it's official, We still don't know if he's gonna play. He trained 30 minutes, also a bit with the ball. Boateng probably out (can't understand how the **** he got injuried, but better if he doesnt play, so unfit like muller.
BackY
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:59 am

I'm confused by that "unlikely". It suggests they're not yet certain which means he's probably travelling as well.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Anon P » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:14 pm

It was so dumb not to have rested Thiago and Vidal and even Neuer against Leverkusen. Our two most important CMs play a full 90 while RMA forwards, Kroos and Modric gets a day off. That moment when Thiago took a blow to the knee at the end of the 1st half vs Leverkusen got me super worried. In retrospect, even if we had started Renato Kimmich and Alonso, we would probably not have done better than a 0-0 draw. Ulreich could've played for all I care, I mean the Leverkusen game was pretty much a throw-away before it even started: the players and coaches had half a mind on the RMA game anyway, so there's no real desire or need to win the Leverkusen game.

The Leverkusen game reiterates the fact that we rely heavily on wing play. This means that we need at least two forwards in the box if we want to really convert the crosses and other chances that we create, most of which comes from wing play, therefore it is imperative that Muller and Lewa both start. IDC if Alonso starts or not anymore tbh as Carletto seems quite stubborn about decisions to play him, but Muller and Lewa must both start.
Anon P
Getting the hang of it

Years of membership

Postby BackY » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:31 pm

Anon P wrote:It was so dumb not to have rested Thiago and Vidal and even Neuer against Leverkusen. Our two most important CMs play a full 90 while RMA forwards, Kroos and Modric gets a day off. That moment when Thiago took a blow to the knee at the end of the 1st half vs Leverkusen got me super worried. In retrospect, even if we had started Renato Kimmich and Alonso, we would probably not have done better than a 0-0 draw. Ulreich could've played for all I care, I mean the Leverkusen game was pretty much a throw-away before it even started: the players and coaches had half a mind on the RMA game anyway, so there's no real desire or need to win the Leverkusen game.

The Leverkusen game reiterates the fact that we rely heavily on wing play. This means that we need at least two forwards in the box if we want to really convert the crosses and other chances that we create, most of which comes from wing play, therefore it is imperative that Muller and Lewa both start. IDC if Alonso starts or not anymore tbh as Carletto seems quite stubborn about decisions to play him, but Muller and Lewa must both start.

This makes me think both Pep and Ancheloti are sent to **** bayern up by the spaniards lol. HOW THE **** do u play vidal and thiago 90 minutes? HOW?? cant **** understand, put sanches, put kimich, let them get the rythm up. DONT EVEN PUT ROBBEN IN, let costa and comman play the **** out.. Idk man... rlly..
BackY
Yeah, now I'm talking!

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League