You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-04-23] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:45 pm

Real Madrid will win
7%
It will end in a draw
23%
Bayern Munich will win
70%

Total votes : 56

Re: [2014-04-23] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby AdepT » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:26 pm

Damn! We are under attack MUTU! :P
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:30 pm

AdepT wrote:Damn! We are under attack MUTU! :P

Don't worry, I'm here. ;)
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Bayernbazi » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:38 pm

Does anybody find it weird that we are having these discussions at this stage of the season ? In normal situations by now we should have established a formation which the team feels comfortable with and an idea about what core players do and where they play. But suddenly we seem to be in a pre-season/start of season mode. There was also the discussion that during the BVB match Pep was experimenting with formations.

Since winning the league I don't know what happened and still cannot figure it out but so many things happened during that period.......are we missing Thiago so much ? are the players who are rumoured to leave/stay such as Mandzu giving 100% ? has the Hoeness case affected some players ? have we been reduced to playing tiki taka like robots without an ounce of creativity ? could it be arrogance ....because hey you know we are the bestia negra !

The thing is that as long we were winning where it counted and avoiding injuries, I wasn't giving a damn about losing to Augsburg but yesterday set the alarms ringing, we are now officially known as the Just Foreplay team
I hope that this is not the end of the much hyped Bayern dominance, and before someone points out that we are in a semi final etc, let's face it, against MU we struggled and with the way we are playing we were very lucky to find that goal immediately after theirs at the Allianz.

I believe that if all the players give 100% we can still save it but this will not happen if we continue like this.
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby EmoToni » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:39 pm

Dont worry friends, in Germany we will win for 4 goals

Last edited by EmoToni on Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EmoToni
First post

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:46 pm

I love the fact that the trolls are pretending to be Bayern fans. They will look so stupid if we do indeed turn it around in Munich.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Bayernbazi » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:52 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Only thing left to add is that we are in exactly the same situation we were in the seconds after Evra's goal: 1 goal takes us to extra time, 2 goals give us qualification but we risk a last minute goal, 3 goals are safe. The main difference is that this time we have 90 minutes.

Yesterday we spent 75 minutes carrying the ball around the whole pitch but missing that important away goal, unless we create the chances like we did in the last 20 minutes we will not score even if play for a week !
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:59 pm

Bayernbazi wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Only thing left to add is that we are in exactly the same situation we were in the seconds after Evra's goal: 1 goal takes us to extra time, 2 goals give us qualification but we risk a last minute goal, 3 goals are safe. The main difference is that this time we have 90 minutes.

Yesterday we spent 75 minutes carrying the ball around the whole pitch but missing that important away goal, unless we create the chances like we did in the last 20 minutes we will not score even if play for a week !

You are right, but what I mean is that we should not give up yet.

Regarding your post: I do think we are missing Thiago so much. We lack a creative spark. The problem is that our other creative players are out of form so Thiago is being missed even more.

@Real fans mentioning so many stupid players we should buy to mock us, remember that a certain team has already proven that you can spend over a billion euros and still not win a Champions League trophy. :lol:
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:07 pm

BaldWithTheMovements wrote:Well, my friends. You can't beat Real Madrid because we are the best team of the world.
9 copes of europe and we going to get the 10th. Also this is the first forum I know that doesn't allow people to talk their mind. You sure are real gentlemen Bayern fans.

I can't blame any1 but YLOVEXAVI for whats going on here. Now go ahead and delete my post with all your mankind sir.

As long as you develop a discussion, fans of any team can stay and say whatever they want.

As long as you do nothing but attack the team and especially attack one of our users, that will never be tolerated.

Your choice.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:08 pm

YlonenXabi, I'm curious now, and I don't think I'm the only one. What did you do to attract all these trolls?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:10 pm

MUTU wrote:YlonenXabi, I'm curious now, and I don't think I'm the only one. What did you do to attract all these trolls?

Being from Madrid? :P
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Tedesco » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:11 pm

The **** is happening here? :?:
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:40 pm

Everything is under control. Just a few guys getting back at YlonenXabi.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Badger » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:17 pm

I missed the live game, but got up at 5.00am today, and watched it in its entirety, before going to work.

I must say that I wasn’t too disappointed about the whole thing. The Bayern performance was one of the best we’ve seen for several weeks. It was just unfortunate that they couldn’t penetrate Real Madrid and get one away goal to ease the pressure.

In lots of the media sources and on TV among the pundits and on forums, Bayern’s possession has been criticised. How shallow! Should Bayern have given Real more possession so that they would have had a few more chances on Neuer’s goal? If Bayern can’t convert possession into penetration and goals, it doesn’t mean that possession is fundamentally wrong. And if Bayern can’t position themselves well at the back to smother counterattacks, it doesn’t mean that possession is fundamentally wrong. No, midfield possession is the basis for controlling a game, and the issue is about improving the transitions into the final third of the pitch when attacking and into the Bayern third when defending.

I don’t want to look for scapegoats among the players, but I’d like to comment objectively about two: Ribery and Rafinha. Unfortunately, Ribery had a frightfully ineffective game. As a result, the threat down that side was very weak. Alaba is at his best in tandem with an in-form Ribery, and Ribery’s ineffectiveness severely limited what Alaba could contribute. It also limited any service Mandzukic was getting from that wing, and seemed to lead to Mandzukic drifting out there too often to assist in the build-up. Rafinha has had a good season, but he’s better at helping in attack than in defence. This was a game where I thought he’d surely realise that he needed to focus more on defending. I was wrong. Unfortunately, he didn’t seem to realise the need to be more defensive, and he gave Real too much space and no opposition in that area of the pitch. This all contributed to Bayern not scoring and Real nicking one.

Substitutions. The game started with a midfield core of Lahm-Kroos-Schweinsteiger, and the first half delivered an 80% possession rate. The second half ended with a core midfield of Martinez-Kroos-Mueller and the possession was probably well down the 60s%. Whatever our personal views on possession, Guardiola will field players who can hold possession in big games, and he may start the same three core midfielders next week. (That said, I am inclined to think Rafinha may be dropped and Lahm moved out to RB.) There has been a lot said about the impact of the subs. It is not wrong. But the effect of Guardiola’s substitutions is more about changing players than about who came on. If Goetze and Muller had started, with Ribery and Schweinsteiger coming on after 60 min, it would have been much the same. I think that, in general, there is often too much individual praise for the player who comes on and too little for the player who has worn the opponents down during the first hour. (That said, I do think that Ribery is so far out of form that I wouldn’t start him next week.)

Are Bayern out of it? No, not at all. True, Real Madrid do have a couple of advantages. Bayern have demonstrated, however, that they can control Real Madrid and, with some polishing of the weaker aspects of their game, they can mount the required challenge.

As a footnote, I’d like to add that I found last night’s game very fair and sporting. Apart from a couple of Pepe’s antics, it was a credit to both teams and to football in general. I’m looking forward to a great night of football next week.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:22 pm

Couldn't agree more. =D>
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:33 pm

Badger wrote:In lots of the media sources and on TV among the pundits and on forums, Bayern’s possession has been criticised. How shallow! Should Bayern have given Real more possession so that they would have had a few more chances on Neuer’s goal? If Bayern can’t convert possession into penetration and goals, it doesn’t mean that possession is fundamentally wrong.

You made a very good point there. But what I didn't like about our possession is that we played too slow. At first I thought it was a great idea, so we could dominate the whole game and tire their players. There was no need to risk possession and let them counter attack.

But then after being 1-0 down I was expecting more from our players in the second half. Only Robben tried to play it quicker. Our players usually calmed things down every time we had a minimum chance to counter attack and then Real players had time to position themselves and close every gap.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League