You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-04-23] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:45 pm

Real Madrid will win
7%
It will end in a draw
23%
Bayern Munich will win
70%

Total votes : 56

Re: [2014-04-23] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby Borusse » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:26 pm

I dont see how Real can beat you:

1. They couldnt beat Barcelona at home (lost 3:4!) and Bayern is a superior team to Barcelona nowadays. You also play similar style of football to theirs so if they were not able to stop Barca they also shouldnt be able to stop you.
2. Ronaldo is injured and even if they rush him back for this tie he won't be at his best.
3. You're playing away first.

And you're just better than them. The best Real Madrid side in the last decade was the one in 11/12 season and even then they weren't able to get past you. Now they are weaker and you are stronger.

I think you can even win the away fixture.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:55 pm

Borusse wrote:I dont see how Real can beat you:

1. They couldnt beat Barcelona at home (lost 3:4!) and Bayern is a superior team to Barcelona nowadays. You also play similar style of football to theirs so if they were not able to stop Barca they also shouldnt be able to stop you.
2. Ronaldo is injured and even if they rush him back for this tie he won't be at his best.

And you're just better than them. The best Real Madrid side in the last decade was the one in 11/12 season and even then they weren't able to get past you. Now they are weaker and you are stronger.

I think that saying "I don't see how Real can beat you" is underestimating them too much. They may not be a good team, but when you have their players they can win anyway with some individual magic if Bayern play badly or are unlucky.

However, I also think we are clear favourites, more than people seem to think. The only big games Real have won this season were the Copa del Rey games against Atletico and, if you want to count it considering injuries/suspensions, the home game against Dortmund.

With Real it is always the same story. By now this must be the third season in a row that they've reached the semifinals without having been tested. I don't know how fortune smiles so much upon them, but it is normal for them to have their first big opponent in the semifinal, and it is normal for them to choke in the big league games as well. I expect them to choke once again against Bayern.

Then there is their record in Germany. They've only won twice in Germany, this year against Schalke and 13 years ago against Neverkusen. Their loss to Dortmund's B-team and almost giving up a 3-0 advantage shows that their poor record is still going on, without taking any credit away from Dortmund's brilliance.

Bayern have never lost at home against them. In the Bernabeu, we've lost 4 out of 5 times but we qualified anyway with the most recent 2 of those losses. Guardiola has never been beaten in the Santiago Bernabeu.

The coaching issue is in our favour as well. Real Madrid have a new coach but they are mostly the same as they were when Guardiola was still with Barcelona. Ancellotti, however, has never played against Guardiola. Also, since the last time he faced Bayern only Lahm and Schweinsteiger are still here, and seeing as it was pre-LVG no parallels can be drawn anyway.

With Ronaldo likely to miss the first leg, they will have a smaller chance of winning the first leg. That is one of the reasons why it is great that we are playing away first. Sure, you might argue that had he missed the away game, they would have less chances of scoring goals. But Ronaldo is more than just a goalscorer. The whole team revolves around him and without him on the field I think that dominating in Madrid becomes much easier for us. If we can manage an away win we will put ourselves in a brilliant position. And who knows, for all we know Ronaldo might miss both games.

There is also the suspension issue. Against Real Madrid's defence I think Muller as a false nine would do much better than against United, so it's not that big an issue if we lose Mandzukic for the second game. They have 3 players risking suspension though, one of which is a defender. That could make it easier for us to score in the second leg and close the tie.

And I am glad that you think we are better. Most neutral fans have been disagreeing with me, but I am sure that player-to-player we are superior.

Quality, history, yellow card situations, mentality... I think everything is in our favour. Of course that means nothing once the game actually starts, but I think as long as we don't mess up it is in our hands. I am very, very confident that we will reach a third consecutive final.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Element » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:04 pm

Will be close but we will make it
The fact that we start away will be in our favor

Real 1:1 Bayern
Bayern 2:1 Real (them scoring in the garbage time)

On agg: Bayern 3:2 Real
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby BayernSupporter » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:58 pm

I think our best bets should be of not getting people injured in the first place.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
BayernSupporter
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby AdepT » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:31 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Dalv wrote:2-2 away
3-0 at home

agg Bayern - Real 5-2

I think this would make it the biggest aggregate win we've ever had over Real Madrid.

In knock-out rounds, yes.

Otherwise in older format where we had 2 group stages, our aggregate win over Real Madrid in Group Stage 2nd was 8-3.
RM 1-4 Bayern
Bayern 4-2 RM
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Achilles » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:16 pm

Pep style I'm not sure , Jupp-style I'm definetely sure!
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

[2014-04-23] Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:17 pm

Intense promo!
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Ruht » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:25 pm

Football is not played on paper though, one slight error and we might be looking at a loss. The margins between such teams are so slim that you can't really tell what might happen. Doubt anyone expected us to beat them the last time we faced each other but we did. The opposite might happen this year. I agree with your points, and that should give us an advantage, on paper. Hopefully you are right though and we beat them!

Achilles wrote:Pep style I'm not sure , Jupp-style I'm definetely sure!

Well, Pep's style was very effective against Madrid while he was at Barcelona :wink:
Ruht
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby FCB general » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:52 pm

Like it! The biggest European derby once again. =D>

Everything is possible in this clash of 2 giants. We are a bit more in advance, but we can't never forget that Real is on the other side.

I expect only spectacle. 8)
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:10 pm

That's why we are favourites. But of course they can beat us. It can happen when you have a team with the likes of Ronaldo, Bale, Benzema or Modric. They can score out of nowhere and their counters are probably the best at the moment. Dortmund is the team with the better counters IMO but only when you guys are at full strength.

What I like for this two games against Real is that they won't park the bus like United did. They simply cannot play like that, so we will surely have clear goal chances in both games.

What I don't like is that they can score out of nowhere. They just need a long ball at our back and Bale or Ronaldo can destroy us with their speed.

I think we'll see a lot of goals. My prediction is Real 2-2 Bayern // Bayern 3-1 Real
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby runaway » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:32 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:They just need a long ball at our back and Bale or Ronaldo can destroy us with their speed.

Good thing the "Cock" in their BBC is doubtful then. :mrgreen:

If we keep them from scoring a lot in Bernabeu, we'll have a stronger chance when they come to Allianz. 1-1 1st leg we'll be a good result for us.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby FCB general » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:37 pm

It's always nice to be a favourite on a piece of paper, but saw how does it look like when you comfront against Manchester United or Arsenal.

I like that paper, but in the end it is important to win on the pitch.

Sure, everything is on Bayern's side, especially in München where Real lost all games, one ended with draw.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:16 pm

My hope is that we get 2 goals in Madrid, even if we lose 3-2.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:51 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:My hope is that we get 2 goals in Madrid, even if we lose 3-2.

Still very fresh to me. 8)
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby kod2600 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:16 pm

This games means a lot to me. Every encounter we had with Real Madrid meant a lot to me. I despise this team, it's the team I "hate" the most. I hate their policies, their easy money and their fans logic.

I want Bayern to win more than I want to win the 2nd title, and I am not exaggerating. To me it's the game of the season, and every season. Please Bayern, rape their royal asses.
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

National Flag:
Palestine

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League