You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Quarter Finals - WHO do we want to DRAW?!

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Quarter Finals - WHO do we want to DRAW?!

Postby spotman » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:34 am

Hey everyone,

Who would you like to see Bayern drawn against in the Quarter Finals? Every team in the last 8 is strong, but there are definitely some easier teams. Do we want another lucky draw?

Here are the options:

Porto
Villareal
Barcelona
Arsenal
Man United
Liverpool
Chelsea

What do you guys think? I'd be happy as long as we aren't drawn against Man United or Barcelona, not saying we aren't capable of beating these 2 teams - but it would be tough.
MIA SAN MIA
spotman
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Re: Quarter Finals - WHO do we want to DRAW?!

Postby mrfloyd87 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:42 am

As Uli said, I want to avoid Liverpool, they are just amazing in CL.
FC Bayern Stern Des Sudens...
mrfloyd87
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby reiniksrobis » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:28 am

I want Porto! I can bet we will get opponent with blue shirts- Porto OR Chelsea. Here are my prediction for the draws- Bayern-Porto, Chelsea-Barca, MU-Arsenal [I believe that Gooners will kick them out of CL] and Pool-Villarreal! My 3 favorites is Bayern, Arsenal, Villarreal, so I hope they won't draw pairs like Arsenal-Bayern etc! Can't wait for this draw!!!

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby shwas55 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:19 am

First i wanna say that no match will be an easy match because this is the Q.F, but if we can pick i would chose Villareal, or Arsenal both would be a perfect match up for us.

Arsenal because IMO they play a suicidal style of football that any organized team can beat them or at least get a draw out of them in London.

Villareal because they dont have the enough experience needed for the QF level, and i think we can outplay them both legs.

I know few would like us to play Porto but i think thats a mistake. Porto is a counter attack team that plays the exact style football we have struggled against this year.

I would like to avoid Liverpool, and Man U. I think LIverpool's midfield would be very hard to control, Man U defense would be hard to crack.

I think we can beat Barcelona, their defense is worse than ours so the winner will be the team with the better defense on the day.
Chelsea even though they have Hiddink as their coach im still not convinced about how good they are, and i think we can beat them if we play a smart tactical match.
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby thulkazal » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:13 pm

Well for me would like to avoid man utd,barca and liverpool

If i gotta chose from this 3 i would took Man Utd.

From other 4 team any would be good quess thou Arsenal would be nice team for us (playing style)
thulkazal
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby SilentStrike » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:57 pm

as long as its not manu, liverpool or barca, and preferably also not chelsea. the other ones would be great.
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby MrLinky » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:41 pm

This is how I rate our chances against the other clubs in percentages:

vs. Villareal - 70 % : 30 % for Bayern
vs. Porto - 70 % : 30 % for Bayern
vs. Arsenal - 65 % - 35 % for Bayern
vs. Chelsea 55 % - 45 % for Chelsea
vs. Barcelona 65 % - 35 % for Barcelona
vs. ManUntd 65 % - 35 % for ManUntd
vs. Liverpool 70 % - 30 % for Liverpool

So obviously I'd like to see us drawing Villareal/Porto/Arsenal. We'll all know more in 8 days. :)
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby FCBinNYC » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:30 pm

No fear! We can beat any of these teams. Any of these teams could beat us. I want Barcelona!
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SilentStrike » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:04 pm

after hiddink chelsea is a lot stronger; Porto, villareal and arsenal are the ones we should beat. So a 3/7 chance that we advance to next round i guess.

When are we gna know who we're playing?
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby thulkazal » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:31 pm

in 3 days
thulkazal
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby sch0ll7 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:39 am

Like someone said....NO FEAR!

I would rather get Liverpool or Barcelona at this time of season than at the end of it in Finals!
I think all of our players are just fired up....and like Ulli said...we would want attractive draw and I am going for Man Utd or Barcelona!

With good day form and little luck we can beat every team in the world!...we have the quality we have the heart and we are Bayern!...plus every player gives 110% in CL games!...and we have coach that can encourage players like no other coach! and with all of this we dont need to be afraid!
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby SilentStrike » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:26 pm

Hoeness just says that they want a strong opponent so we can't get disapointed when we face barca or liverpool. Imagine hoeness says: "I want villareal or porto cus they're easier", it's not going to look good and if we then DO get barca or manu then all players won't be fired up for it. For real he does want porto or villareal so we have more chance to make it through.
Remember before the round of 16 draw Hoeness was like: "Give us the strongest team", and after we got Sporting he was like: "YESSS we've been lucky"
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby MrLinky » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:40 pm

CRISTIANO RONALDO claims Bayern Munich are the danger side in Champions League quarter-finals draw. The Manchester United winger was impressed by the German giants after their 12-1 aggregate win over his former club Sporting Lisbon.

And while feel Barcelona and the English clubs to be United's major threat defending their title, Ronaldo fears only one side. He said: "Bayern Munich are very strong.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article2329054.ece
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby shwas55 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:02 pm

I had a dream last night that we will play Liverpool in the QF, Man u in the semis, and we will beat Chelsea in the final. :mrgreen:
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby shwas55 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:11 pm

Villa vs Arsenal

Man U Vs Porto

Liverpool Vs Chelsea

Barca Vs Bayern
shwas55
I post all the time

Next

Return to UEFA Champions League