You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Quarter Finals - WHO do we want to DRAW?!

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Re: Quarter Finals - WHO do we want to DRAW?!

Postby shwas55 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:13 pm

Will play the winner of Chelsea Vs Liverpool in the semis

Man u were the luckiest in this draw they get Porto and then Villrreal or Arsenal in the semis :evil: :evil: :evil: Lucky bastards :evil: :evil: :evil:
Last edited by shwas55 on Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shwas55
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:16 pm

IT'S BARCA ! At least we get to play the second leg at home. :|
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby reiniksrobis » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:27 pm

WHAT A DRAW! Very exciting :o But I wanted Porto or Chelsea. But we should get Chelsea in the semis ;) AND REVENGE TO MU IN FINAL!!! :twisted:

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Snyde » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:49 pm

Well I guess I'll be posting here alot more. :lol:

Talk about the toughest possible draw. Bayern. That too the second leg away. And even if we make it past that mountain we get to play the second leg away to Stamford Bridge! Or Anfield #-o . Only a herculean effort would see us in the final.

Pretty much the same for you guys other than the second leg in this tie. Will be some match though! The best left side in the world against the best right side! :mrgreen: Can't say I'm too eager about meeting the midfield of Ze Roberto & Van Bommel. :( Atleast your defense isn't too strong though neither is ours. And I hear your goalkeepers not doing too well either. If that's so we stand on equal footing. Though you have a more experienced manager though it is his first time managing a club.

The worst part about all the whole draw is the walk-in-the-park that manure have to the finals.
Snyde
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:18 pm

Snyde wrote:Can't say I'm too eager about meeting the midfield of Ze Roberto & Van Bommel.

I think we can expect Demichelis to play in DM against Barca and Ze will probably take up a more wide and offensive role in midfield. MvB and Micho will try to close down the center. Our weakness is the right side , Oddo hasn't been having a good consistent season , and I think Henry can cause some trouble out there on the left. I'm not too worried about Messi though , as we have the best left-back in the world currently in our squad.

Snyde wrote:The worst part about all the whole draw is the walk-in-the-park that manure have to the finals.

They got so damn lucky , it's unbelievable. :roll:

We haven't had any luck in the CL for 5 years now , expect for Sporting in the last tie. These were our opponents since 2004:

Real, Arsenal, Chelsea, Milan, Real, Milan, Sporting, Barca :roll:
Last edited by MrLinky on Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby SilentStrike » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:22 pm

aww man that sucks.

Check manU out. Now they have porto and next round arsenal or villa. lucky bastards.
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby FCBinNYC » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:36 pm

While the draw for Man U looks easy and that sucks, it should be noted that they DREW Villareal twice already this season. Arsenal will have their hands full I think...
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MaCk0y » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:58 pm

Don't forget that Porto eliminated Manchester United some years ago. Maybe history will repeat itself. :wink:
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby reiniksrobis » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:58 pm

mackoy wrote:Don't forget that Porto eliminated Manchester United some years ago. Maybe history will repeat itself. :wink:

Lets hope so. We have played Barca 4 times and beaten them 3 times when Klinsi AND Guardiola was players ;) History sounds an advantage for us, but it won't help in such a hard draw :( MU sucks, I just hope Arsenal will fu*k them out of CL at semi's! My dream final- Arsenal-Bayern, my favorite two teams!

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:27 pm

I'll be honest. I'm obviously not happy about the draw, but I think we can beat Barcelona. Liverpool will be MUCH tougher in the semi-finals assuming both us and Liverpool make it to the semis.

What irritates me most is Man Utd's luck. 1st Porto, then Arenal or Villareal. :evil: However, assuming our players play top form and give more than 100% in every game, we CAN reach the final and we CAN beat Man Utd and get our revenge.

Also, just something interesting for you guys.

2003 winners A.C. Milan > Juventus > Real Madrid
2004 winners Porto > Monaco > Real Madrid
2005 winners Liverpool > Juventus > Real Madrid
2006 winners Barcelona > Arsenal > Real Madrid
2007 winners A.C. Milan > Bayern Munich > Real Madrd
2008 winners Manchester United > Roma > Real Madrid

Assuming this continues, it will be whoever beats Liverpool that wins the CL.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby SilentStrike » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:53 pm

ahh, sweet pattern dude!!

I guess teams overestimate themselves after they knock out RM.

We sure CAN beat Barca, but then we'll have to be on our absolute top form and be 100% focussed.
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Netherlands

Previous

Return to UEFA Champions League