You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2017-09-27] PSG vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:45 pm

Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will win
36%
It will end in a draw
8%
Bayern Munich will win
56%

Total votes : 39

Re: [2017-09-27] PSG vs Bayern Munich

Postby America USA » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:51 pm

I have never believed in Conspiracy theories but with Ancelotti I find it very hard to believe that he wasn’t trying to deliberately sabotage us for failure. His team selections, lack of communication with the team, etc. all point in the direction that he just didn’t care about the team he was supposed to manage. The fact that he lost 5-6 players, even a youngster like Coman is testimony to that.

He was and will remain a big fat failure in this clubs history.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby aterford » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:10 am

The fact that his coaching tenure was bad enough to even bring up the question of "was he doing it on purpose?" should tell you all you need to know. True or not he's one of the biggest failures this club's ever seen.
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:35 am

Of course he was a failure, he was truly terrible. But jumping from that to deliberate sabotage? Nah. Why would he even do that?

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:44 am

If that were the case, there are 2 possible reasons: 1) he was already in talks with another club, as rumoured, or 2) he knew he wasn't going to survive the season anyway, so might as well get fired quickly since he's still getting paid.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:44 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:If that were the case, there are 2 possible reasons: 1) he was already in talks with another club, as rumoured, or 2) he knew he wasn't going to survive the season anyway, so might as well get fired quickly since he's still getting paid.

Given that a number of issues were already present as early as last season, I find these two theories non-plausible. I had a theory of my own earlier, that Ancelotti just wanted to get fired and retire, but since then he's announced he would like to continue coaching.

However, rather than trying to figure out what went wrong with Ancelotti, I'm more interested to know why the board kept faith in him for so long.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:11 am

MUTU wrote:I'm more interested to know why the board kept faith in him for so long.

Probably because he was able to win the BL in the first season.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby tflags » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:32 pm

MUTU wrote:Given that a number of issues were already present as early as last season, I find these two theories non-plausible. I had a theory of my own earlier, that Ancelotti just wanted to get fired and retire, but since then he's announced he would like to continue coaching.

However, rather than trying to figure out what went wrong with Ancelotti, I'm more interested to know why the board kept faith in him for so long.

There might be an issue with that. To my understanding, Bayern does NOT fire coaches. It was the case with LvG and should be the same for Carletto. The situation is resolved by leaving coaches relieved of their duties for not conforming to expectations. They remain nonetheless in a passive role with full salary and benefits.

This is a brilliant move as the club does NOT have to pay a lump sum as severance which nowadays is very common to add up to the amount equivalent to the remainder of the contract.

It also serves an additional purpose: The 'former' coach is still under contractual obligation and therefore required to keep his tongue in check. Have you ever wondered why do they keep their mouths shut after leaving? Well, here you go.

On the flip side you might ask yourself why keep the 'double' cost; as having two coaches under the payroll is certainly expensive. The answer being you would have no choice if you don't want him being in charge anyhow.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby aterford » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:34 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:Of course he was a failure, he was truly terrible. But jumping from that to deliberate sabotage? Nah. Why would he even do that?

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Here is where I fall: I'm not tin-foil hat enough to say Carlo was trying to destroy us on purpose.
I am perfectly comfortable in saying that he didn't make any effort to improve us, either. And I don't think he really cared one bit that we were declining.
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Previous

Return to UEFA Champions League