You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2017-09-27] PSG vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:45 pm

Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will win
36%
It will end in a draw
8%
Bayern Munich will win
56%

Total votes : 39

Re: [2017-09-27] PSG vs Bayern Munich

Postby thephalanx » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:39 pm

aterford wrote:
thephalanx wrote:Kudos to Carlo. From entering the game he tried to contain the score and contain the score he did. Withe peps it could have been six.

It's cute how you, like so many others, try to bring Pep into this. Well buddy - check the stats: your beloved Carlo's defense is actually worse than Pep's.

A swing and a miss!
A pre Neymar PSG(Pips) is not the same as a Neymar PSG. Stats are for yangs and nerds
Bring back Van Gaal
thephalanx
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Cyprus

Postby Manchu » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:42 pm

RAJBAYERN wrote:
Manchu wrote:
RAJBAYERN wrote:
As I said, Robbery right now dont promise a better performance, but with all the respect that my Thomas Muller deserve, if I have to choose a decline Ribery or a decline Muller, I will take scareface....

He's not in decline, he plays well for the national team all the time. He's just continually screwed over by Ancelotti's tactical decisions.

I agree with you in part, but national team games in world cup qualification are less competitive than Bundesliga games, so dont compare this. Today Muller play in his natural position, back of the forward and in offense was poor.

The question of the strength of Bundesliga team vs National teams is an interesting one and not necessarily easy to answer, but the big difference between Bayern's games and the NT's game is that the NT always has a clear game plan and almost always has good tactics. Muller's "decline" began the exact moment that Ancelotti arrived, disappeared for the period of time in the spring when Ancelotti was forced to play good tactics in the Bundesliga, and isn't really evident even this season despite the fact that the team is playing with terrible tactics.

As for his performance today, pretty much none of the other attacking players performed better. It's hard to be an attacker when your defense is nonexistent(thanks to Carlo benching Hummels and Boateng), the midfield is disorganized and under-performing, and the only tactic that your coach told you to use was "cross and pray" against a prepared defense.
Manchu
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Sensei » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:48 pm

He got it so wrong today. He played a formation that he hasn't played since Darmstadt away last season. I think he will be gone before the winter break, the guy is clueless. The board will have to react because we are becoming a laughing stock.
Sensei
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby RAJBAYERN » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:58 pm

Manchu wrote:The question of the strength of Bundesliga team vs National teams is an interesting one and not necessarily easy to answer, but the big difference between Bayern's games and the NT's game is that the NT always has a clear game plan and almost always has good tactics. Muller's "decline" began the exact moment that Ancelotti arrived, disappeared for the period of time in the spring when Ancelotti was forced to play good tactics in the Bundesliga, and isn't really evident even this season despite the fact that the team is playing with terrible tactics.

As for his performance today, pretty much none of the other attacking players performed better. It's hard to be an attacker when your defense is nonexistent(thanks to Carlo benching Hummels and Boateng), the midfield is disorganized and under-performing, and the only tactic that your coach told you to use was "cross and pray" against a prepared defense.

Disagree that defense was "nonexistent and midfield disorganized", because all those bayern players had to play high in order to support the team in offense, because players like Lewandowski, Coman and Muller cant carry the team alone for score and face the defensive mark.

If the defense play high, is tough to be always organize and in well position for prevent the counterattack.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:01 am

Who else wanted to throw something to his tv / laptop when there was sudden stop by lewa when he was following an opponent ???
ed
on a side note I am furious with Lahm, he shouldn't have abandoned the ship ... at least he should have fulfilled the contract. .. Dani Alves had a magnificent match and he is 34 as well
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:37 am

thephalanx wrote:
aterford wrote:
thephalanx wrote:Kudos to Carlo. From entering the game he tried to contain the score and contain the score he did. Withe peps it could have been six.

It's cute how you, like so many others, try to bring Pep into this. Well buddy - check the stats: your beloved Carlo's defense is actually worse than Pep's.

A swing and a miss!
A pre Neymar PSG(Pips) is not the same as a Neymar PSG. Stats are for yangs and nerds

Yeah, you're right. If Pep's defense was statically better across three competitions for three seasons than Ancelotti's was across the same three competitions for a year and a half, there's no comparison to be made and no information to be gleaned from that.

Give it a rest. You're being pathetic. The narrative that Carlo's teams are defensively strong and Pep's were weak has been proven wrong time and time again and you've got no evidence that suggests otherwise. I'm sure there's a portion of this forum for fictional tales if you want to keep inventing stories. =D>
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Effenberg777 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:59 am

ramsej84 wrote:Who else wanted to throw something to his tv / laptop when there was sudden stop by lewa when he was following an opponent ???
ed
on a side note I am furious with Lahm, he shouldn't have abandoned the ship ... at least he should have fulfilled the contract. .. Dani Alves had a magnificent match and he is 34 as well

he stopped because he is WC attacker. and a WC attacker never runs in defence. he is the alpha male. the gratest attacker. he had a clear chance at muller cross and he didnt shot he offered a pass to psg goalkeeper . he NEVER had a good game im Europe for us. I m sick of him and Thiago. blame the coach but with this kind of players dancing in defence we are a joke. we been lucky tonight because PSG dindnt wanted to score more and because the game was not in knockout rounds. i never seen a bayern team so weak and without passion and fighting spirit and i am watching them for a while
Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby bmguy » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:25 am

This Ancelotti should retire from football and stop dreaming of going to EPL because noone is gonna give a damn for what he's done to Bayern. [-X

It's a long time I've ever seen such a pathetic Bayern, preseason results really don't lie at all. Look at all good team nowadays,

PSG: Unai Emery - 1971
Real: Zidane 1972
Atletico Madrid Simone 1970
Chelsea (conte), MU (Mourinho), Hoffenheim, Man city(PEp)....
Germany NT: Loew

They have the new generation of talented coaching staffs who are young, enthusiastic and creative in tactics. Meanwhile, our lovely coach is extremely conservative and seems to know only 4-2-3-1 or his trademark 4-3-3, and afraid of trying something new to fit the players he has!! Uli Hoeness or someone must have been blinded because of what he's achieved in the past. It won't work any more today, he's got outsmarted days in and days out in either Bundesliga or CL.

All teams today always try to deploy as many as skillful and fast wingers to have a chance to break down the opponents defense or do some lightning counter attack when a chance is given. Our beloved coach put James and Mueller on the wing, and a long time injured Alaba back to play his first game in CL against the most powerful team in group. Don't say that we don't have enough talent on the team, remember how we played under Louis van Gaal, Jupp Heynckes, Pep, we always had the worse team than other elite ones but always reached the semi finals.

I'm done with him, the club leaders should do it now or in the winter break, let him go. Maybe have a quick deal with Tuchel to let him try something in the rest of the season. See if he can help the team, then we can grant him a long term contract.
Last edited by bmguy on Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
bmguy
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:26 am

thephalanx wrote:With any coach on the bench and any formation he opts to play with any possible combination of footballers we would still lost this game badly simply because their squad is way better than ours. Keep illousioning CL glory with Muller Vidal Alaba Lewa :P

Do you even realize what you're saying? A WC winner and top scorer (plus silver ball on his second WC), a latinoamerican champion who is one of the two pillars of his NT, a young prodigy said to be the best at his position by the age of 23, and probably the best striker in the world... What else do you want? Our squad could do with one or two attacking additions, but it is still fundamentally sound. We have a tactics and motivation problem, not a squad problem (even if I think we should have brought Alexis alongside James, and Tolisso was vastly unnecessary).

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:30 am

Pelin wrote:Lessons from the night.

-We need a much better back up goalie. Also a back up striker.
Can't see tweet? Click here!
-German media still focus on crappy things. as if they don't know that Ribery is in declined since 2 years and he can' do anything vs a top team like PSG.
-Coman must start for always, since he can bring dynamism and balance that we needed.
-Don't talk about albero di natale again.As you can see, it won't work.
-Uli and Kalle must stop demagogy and talking and start spending money.
-Müller is a prosperity when he accepts bench role. however, when we try to use other formations and tactics just in order to start him, he becames a cancer for our team.
-Carlo must stop inventing new things. And he should use 4-2-3-1 with Coman on the left. Robben/James on the right. he can also play James at trequartista when needed.
-We also give so much space and time with the ball to rival FB's which harms us too much. We need to fix it.
-Our collective game never improved under Carlo so far.
-Unless Tolisso improves his passing quality and defensive game, we must plan with Rudy as regista.
I've been a strong advocate of 4321 this season. This was NOT the right game to try it out. It should have been done 3-4 games ago at least to see how it worked and decide. Discarding those tactics because of a bad game, and considering our coaches complete lack tactics, is misguided to say the least. In fact, I'm convinced 4321, or a variant, would be what Nagelsmann or Hassenhütl would do with our squad.

PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby Ed. » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:44 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:
thephalanx wrote:With any coach on the bench and any formation he opts to play with any possible combination of footballers we would still lost this game badly simply because their squad is way better than ours. Keep illousioning CL glory with Muller Vidal Alaba Lewa :P

Do you even realize what you're saying? A WC winner and top scorer (plus silver ball on his second WC), a latinoamerican champion who is one of the two pillars of his NT, a young prodigy said to be the best at his position by the age of 23, and probably the best striker in the world... What else do you want? Our squad could do with one or two attacking additions, but it is still fundamentally sound. We have a tactics and motivation problem, not a squad problem (even if I think we should have brought Alexis alongside James, and Tolisso was vastly unnecessary).

Yes, agree with what you are saying.

In Neuer, Hummels, Boateng, Alaba, Thiago, and Lewandowski we still have WC players who will still be at their peak for another 2-3 seasons. I would have thrown Vidal into that mix as well, but he is on the wrong side of 30 and puts a lot of energy into every game, so I think he's going to go downhill pretty quickly. Robben and Ribery shouldn't be involved in squad discussion anymore due to their age though Robben still keeps delivering.

Just need to supplement the squad with 2 WC attacking options to make a fearsome first XI.
Ed.
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:54 am

People need to shut up about the formation. Bayern DID NOT play a 4321 it was the stupid cunt’s favorite 433 with Thomas on the right and James on the left and Robert in the middle. I watched the game and have seen extended highlights about twice now and I can confidently say that it was NOT a Christmas tree but the same old Carlo style 433. At no point where James-Thomas behind Robert creating things through the middle. In fact on one Clear occasion Thomas send in a very good cross from the right. Long story short, it was a 433 not a 4321 and remained that way with the subs.

Also if I were to somehow believe the dumbass who may insist that Bayern indeed played a 4321 today then this surely wasn’t the game to try it for the first time in the season, we played a 4231 against Schalke with James on right and Coman on left with Thomas in his best position behind Robert. The 4321 should’ve been tried at least three games before possibly the toughest opponent of the season.

Also, LOL at the mud slinging at our players. Yes we could do with one more good attacking winger but the current team isn’t too bad either. The team is playing clueless football and the tactics are usually pretty one dimensional, no plan B if things not going our way. I’m pretty convinced that Carlo is the root cause of the rot. Bayern look way worse than even last season, things are getting progressively worse and no signs of improvement are to be seen.

I can easily see a better manager, one who could get the best out of his players, take this squad to the CL semifinals, at least. The entire shit show is largely Carlo’s doing. Also, people at the club need to stfu about other clubs spending millions. It’s their money they can use it however they like. Let them eventually run out of cash, not our problem, but this loudmouth habit (looking at Uli and Robben) should be avoided. I liked Hummels answer the best. Kudos to him for coming up with a mature, sensible and balanced answer on this question.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby La Bestia Negra » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:05 am

How did our defense go from being our strong suit to this? Why wouldn't our best central defenders start???? Oh, and while Alaba was mostly average the first goal was all Süle. He goes to cover a player behind the offside line forcing Alaba to step to Cavani in the center of the box, could extend that to James not covering on the left as well but it's obvious that not both Süle and Martinez should have started this game.
"Müller spielt bei mir immer"-
La Bestia Negra
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Larhm » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:48 am

The quality of the German league has gone down. All the best players have been going to England and Spain (and Bayern). It really shows in the UCL when we can't contain the good oppositions, meanwhile we get wins and draws even with subpar performance at home.
Larhm
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:13 am

Is Carlo gone yet??
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League