You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2017-09-27] PSG vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:45 pm

Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will win
36%
It will end in a draw
8%
Bayern Munich will win
56%

Total votes : 39

Re: [2017-09-27] PSG vs Bayern Munich

Postby Roonzil » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:09 pm

Apart from Alaba, who just came back from injury, I wasn't too unhappy with this line-up. It worked well against Schalke, and with the right tactics it could've been a good line-up. Boateng wasn't 100% yet, and we still have a long season ahead. He's injury prone AF these days, and we will have more decisive games coming up. I don't understand why Hummels was on the bench, but I'm assuming that one was based on some poor performances vs Hoffenheim and Wolfsburg.

The problem I had with this line-up, was that we didn't have a tactical plan to properly utilize the people we had on the pitch. Especially in attack, we tried to cross like we were playing with two wingers. When in truth, James and Müller should be combining through the middle (Lewy is a great striker, but he's not target man for headed goals....and guess what we are trying to make him?).

Defensively we've lacked any shape for a while now. Doesn't matter who plays in the back, Boa/Hummels/Süle/Martinez...we've seen a few very classic cases of what we in Dutch call 'group football' (all the defenders running to the player with the ball in a group...leaving an incoming player free to receive the ball and make the goal).

I thought Martinez and Süle did ok tonight. The first goal was on Alaba, who was also to blame for why Süle looked shaky imo. Second goal was unstoppable...and well, the third...f*ck me..

Thiago is horribly out of form, Vidal is a red card walking and not as effective anymore as he's been two or so years ago...and Tolisso isn't at the level that we need yet.

I say: bring in a good coach, who brings back a tactical plan, and who is capable of adapting and changing that plan whenever something 'unexpected' happens, like that first goal in the 2nd minute. The players aren't the problem imo, although the body language is absolute sh*t..
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby RAJBAYERN » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:12 pm

Manchu wrote:
RAJBAYERN wrote:
As I said, Robbery right now dont promise a better performance, but with all the respect that my Thomas Muller deserve, if I have to choose a decline Ribery or a decline Muller, I will take scareface....

He's not in decline, he plays well for the national team all the time. He's just continually screwed over by Ancelotti's tactical decisions.

I agree with you in part, but national team games in world cup qualification are less competitive than Bundesliga games, so dont compare this. Today Muller play in his natural position, back of the forward and in offense was poor.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby aterford » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:15 pm

The problem for me is that in spite of our squad we are consistently playing below our level. Do we have aging players that we should've probably replaced sooner? Yes. Could we use more world class players throughout the squad? yes, sure. Are we playing up to this team's potential? Not a chance.

For me, the job of the coach is to get the best out of his players and to maximize their potential. Even with those things considered - aging squad and in need of reinforcements - we are still playing SO far from our best level, and that's on the coach.
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:18 pm

Roonzil wrote:Thiago is horribly out of form, Vidal is a red card walking and not as effective anymore as he's been two or so years ago...and Tolisso isn't at the level that we need yet.

In fact other than the non-existent defending (which Carlo might not have been able to foresee), the midfield was the biggest problem. I think that one was doomed to failure from the moment the lineup was announced. Why both Thiago and Tolisso when we had James playing? Why the change in "structure" (if you can call it that?).

To me these last few games have felt as though Ancelotti is rotating and changing things just for the sake of doing so.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby thephalanx » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:19 pm

Kudos to Carlo. From entering the game he tried to contain the score and contain the score he did. Withe peps it could have been six.
Bring back Van Gaal
thephalanx
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Cyprus

Postby Roonzil » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:19 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Roonzil wrote:Thiago is horribly out of form, Vidal is a red card walking and not as effective anymore as he's been two or so years ago...and Tolisso isn't at the level that we need yet.

In fact other than the non-existent defending (which Carlo might not have been able to foresee), the midfield was the biggest problem. I think that one was doomed to failure from the moment the lineup was announced. Why both Thiago and Tolisso when we had James playing? Why the change in "structure" (if you can call it that?).

To me these last few games have felt as though Ancelotti is rotating and changing things just for the sake of doing so.

My main problem with pre-season (apart from all the f*cking losses) is that we didn't try any other formations...why play 4321 for the first time for THIS game??
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby Ollio » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:20 pm

Manchu wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:If it were up to me I would probably have started Robben and Coman. I think Robben still has something to offer, but Ribery has not shown anything recently to deserve a starting place in the biggest game of the season so far. I'm also against starting both of Robbery together unless we have no other choice.

With Ribery instead of James or Muller we would have been even slower. We already couldn't beat the defence as is.

Maybe I am too biased in favour of Coman. I have believed in him since we first got him and I still believe he is going to be world-class. We should be giving him more chances, it's not like the ones playing instead of him are doing anything good.

I would have started

and surrendered most of possession to play a midfield block. That way, it would be much harder for PSG to counter-attack, their attacking three would be relatively isolated and would have to drop extremely deep to receive the ball, and we could win the ball as they tried to move it through our midfield and counterattack.

PSG aren't really a counter attacking team per se, but they adjusted accordingly which seems like we are abso-f***ing-lutely incapable of doing. We are a bunch of clowns being hit on the counter and have been for years. Sitting deeper doesn't mean you have to let Neymar dribble in to the box before you can start a counter. Carlo said that football is simple, clearly it's not simple enough for him.

This team is ruining my health ffs, blood pressure through the roof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ollio
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Finland

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:20 pm

Well, Alaba became the thing which he wanted - a star. He's the second most trending topic in Twitter.
I just cannot wait for Bernat, and don't tell me that he's just coming from injury. He's underperdorming since 2015. Image

Send via carrier pigeon.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:21 pm

Roonzil wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:

My main problem with pre-season (apart from all the f*cking losses) is that we didn't try any other formations...why play 4321 for the first time for THIS game??

This a million times
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:23 pm

I have to say though, Mbappe-Cavani-Neymar are remarkably good considering they haven't been playing together for long. They're probably the best forward trio in the world right now.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:24 pm

thephalanx wrote:Kudos to Carlo. From entering the game he tried to contain the score and contain the score he did. Withe peps it could have been six.

It's cute how you, like so many others, try to bring Pep into this. Well buddy - check the stats: your beloved Carlo's defense is actually worse than Pep's.

A swing and a miss!
aterford
I post all the time

Postby RAJBAYERN » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:25 pm

aterford wrote:The problem for me is that in spite of our squad we are consistently playing below our level.

I think that if you bench Hummels, Boateng, Robben and Ribery, our level will not be better.

Why Javi Martínez as CB? When he can be a defensive midfielder, sharing defensive roles with Boateng and Hummels.... What can bring in better on the team with Tolisso and Rudy, instead of Boateng and Hummels?

Squad and formations are fundamental for know our real level.

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby aterford » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:26 pm

I am 100% convinced Alaba's issues will clear right up with a change in management. He had a bit of a slump in Pep's last season but fell off a cliff with Ancelotti. He should be entering his prime right now and instead our dinosaur in charge has him looking worse than Rafinha (no offense Raf)
aterford
I post all the time

Postby JANCKER » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:26 pm

ramsej84 wrote:I am sure that the players are doing this on purpose...

I didn't think that it could be the case but after tonight... maybe it's better to end it here with Carlo, he's losing his authority. Bring in someone with balls, someone who will be backed 100% by the board, a 5 year contract would do which would mean that he's here to stay. Players can sense when someone isn't backed 100%.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby RAJBAYERN » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:27 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I have to say though, Mbappe-Cavani-Neymar are remarkably good considering they haven't been playing together for long. They're probably the best forward trio in the world right now.

The MCN of Paris, the old MSN of Barca and the BBC of Madrid are trios that Barca, PSG and Madrid copy after watch our Robbery and Muller in Bayern Heynckes era.

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League