You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2017-09-27] PSG vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:45 pm

Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will win
36%
It will end in a draw
8%
Bayern Munich will win
56%

Total votes : 39

Re: [2017-09-27] PSG vs Bayern Munich

Postby #12 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:37 pm

bbenno wrote:enough is enough. Ancelotti should go at the end of the season!
He can't develop talents. He can't develop the team! There's just no improvement...we have been going backwards.

Where are all the Pep haters now?...

Bring in Tuchel at the end of the season and then see if Nagelsmann becomes good enough in a couple of years. Or see if Kloppo is available. Just get rid of Ancelotti. Last season was the result of Guardiola, I believe.

And with all due respect, Ancelotti can take Uli with him! His strategy is about as useful as a goalkeeper with no hands.

This would never have happened under Pep!

Can't remember since I've been this mad and frustrated!

Season? You wanna give him that mich time and keep watching this shit?

Also, van Gaal will not coach again, let alone Bayern and a Bayern with Hoeness
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:38 pm

I disagree with those of you saying James, Süle, Tolisso aren't good enough. I don't expect anyone to shine in a tactic-less team.

Süle has had some good performances in his first few months with us. It didn't make sense to start him today when experience would have helped, but I'm almost certain he'll be world class with time. Tolisso is also inexperienced. In the right tactics I think he can do well, even if we have better players. And a player like James (when he plays well) is someone we badly need.

Replace the coach. Then we can judge the new players at the end of the season under a proper manager.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:41 pm

Individual talent beats the system.Period.
Controlling the ball from around 60% of the time at halftime to upward of 70% by the hour mark. But Bayern’s systematic approach accomplished nothing - Bayern's most dangerous shot was an improbable volley by a center-back, Javi. For PSG, in contrast, flashes of individual talent made all the difference: Neymar and Mbappé above all single-handedly (footedly?) won the game. The result only seems to vindicate PSG's devil-may-care financial approach. No need to waste time on corners when you can beat a defense and shoot.

The result today is exactly the nightmare that Bayern had hoped to avoid: PSG seem to have vindicated themselves in every conceivable way: money shoots goals, and individual superstars are bigger than any team, especially when you can buy several at a stroke. All of us will now wait to see how this is addressed in the undoubtedly forthcoming statements by KHR and Uli.

I can blame Carlo for starting with Süle at the back (Martinez was the best Bayern player for me today,and he's the only player with a score starting with 7).
I can blame Carlo for our tactic to cross the ball 8913289 times in one game.

But also,
I cannot blame Carlo for the goal in the 2'nd minute.
I cannot blame Carlo for trying to win anything with Robben on 33 and Ribery on 34.
I cannot blame him for for our focked up transfer policy.Times are changing,and they are changing fast.Especially since 2015.

It dosn't matter who is going to be our coach at the moment or in the future - Carlo,Löw,Nagelsmann,Wenger,Klopp or etc,etc, IF we don't CHANGE our transfer policy.

We should make an important desicion:
1.We are going to create young talents,and we're going to sell them like Ajax or Dortmund or
2.We're going to FINALLY make up our minds and we're going to spend like a big club.

And also,if you think that we're having such a "world best squad",i can agree that we have the best squad in Germany.
It's looking like a bad time for all of the german clubs.Change in the philosophy is the most necessary thing to do,before the gap between the german clubs and the other big league clubs is..too big.

And,some of the guys will say-Yeah,but Germany is producing the most talented guys lately.I can agree ot that.But what's the point to produce a talent,when you're making a small profit from him,when after 1 good season probably he's going to play in England,Spain,France or for Juventus or Milan,and he will destroy you in Europe.When you can make 4x more money just from TV right's in CL.It's stupid.

What's the whole point ? It's 2017.Money can buy happiness if you spend it right.
Last edited by IsiahRashad on Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:42 pm

Oh and btw, the only good call tonight was not starting Ribery. Some are saying we should have started Robbery, but we would probably have done even worse.

The stupid decision was not to replace them with Coman. He was our only forward player actually trying to create something in the second half.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:45 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:Individual talent beats the system.Period.
Controlling the ball from around 60% of the time at halftime to upward of 70% by the hour mark. But Bayern’s systematic approach accomplished nothing - Bayern's most dangerous shot was an improbable volley by a center-back, Javi. For PSG, in contrast, flashes of individual talent made all the difference: Neymar and Mbappé above all single-handedly (footedly?) won the game. The result only seems to vindicate PSG's devil-may-care financial approach. No need to waste time on corners when you can beat a defense and shoot.

The result today is exactly the nightmare that Bayern had hoped to avoid: PSG seem to have vindicated themselves in every conceivable way: money shoots goals, and individual superstars are bigger than any team, especially when you can buy several at a stroke. All of us will now wait to see how this is addressed in the undoubtedly forthcoming statements by KHR and Uli.

I can blame Carlo for starting with Süle at the back (Martinez was the best Bayern player for me today,and he's the only player with a score starting with 7).
I can blame Carlo for our tactic to cross the ball 8913289 times in one game.

But also,
I cannot blame Carlo for the goal in the 2'nd minute.
I cannot blame Carlo for trying to win anything with Robben on 33 and Ribery on 34.
I cannot blame him for for our focked up transfer policy.Times are changing,and they are changing fast.Especially since 2015.

It dosn't matter who is going to be our coach at the moment or in the future - Carlo,Löw,Nagelsmann,Wenger,Klopp or etc,etc, IF we don't CHANGE our transfer policy.

We should make an important desicion:
1.We are going to create young talents,and we're going to sell them like Ajax or Dortmund or
2.We're going to FINALLY make up our minds and we're going to spend like a big club.

And also,if you think that we're having such a "world best squad",i can agree that we have the best squad in Germany.
It's looking like a bad time for all of the german clubs.Change in the philosophy is the most necessary thing to do,before the gap between the german clubs and the other big league clubs is..too big.

And,some of the guys will say-Yeah,but Germany is producing the most talented guys lately.I can agree ot that.But what's the point to make produce a talent,when after 1 good season probably he's going to play in England,Spain,France or Juventus or Milan,and he will destroy you in Europe.

What's the whole point ? It's 2017.Money can buy happiness if you spend it right.

Dude, no matter the talent, fecking kick and rush is always defendable... They're not defending either... Barca 2013 did it with ONE player and we tore them a new one... PSG did it with three - and look how that ended... It's not JUST him... But he's definitely the main reason we're not even top 3 in Bundesliga - and I'm not talking currently in the table - I mean in general
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Germany

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:49 pm

With all my respect,#12

Do you really believe that we're going to loose the title ?
Image Image
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby bbenno » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:50 pm

#12 wrote:
bbenno wrote:enough is enough. Ancelotti should go at the end of the season!
He can't develop talents. He can't develop the team! There's just no improvement...we have been going backwards.

Where are all the Pep haters now?...

Bring in Tuchel at the end of the season and then see if Nagelsmann becomes good enough in a couple of years. Or see if Kloppo is available. Just get rid of Ancelotti. Last season was the result of Guardiola, I believe.

And with all due respect, Ancelotti can take Uli with him! His strategy is about as useful as a goalkeeper with no hands.

This would never have happened under Pep!

Can't remember since I've been this mad and frustrated!

Season? You wanna give him that mich time and keep watching this shit?

Also, van Gaal will not coach again, let alone Bayern and a Bayern with Hoeness

Well if Tuchel will come in during the winterbreak, then we send Ancelotti packing if things don't improve before then. Same thing before the summer, but Ancelotti needs to take us to the CL final, for me not wanting him sacked in the summer.
bbenno
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Denmark

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:52 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:With all my respect,#12

Do you really believe that we're going to loose the title ?

I do, and I'm usually quite optimistic. We are struggling even against the worst teams.

A very unscientific observation: only 10/29 predictions made in our game were predicting a Bayern win. I wouldn't be surprised if this is a BayernForum record. It says something about the faith fans have in the way things are going.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RAJBAYERN » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:54 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Oh and btw, the only good call tonight was not starting Ribery. Some are saying we should have started Robbery, but we would probably have done even worse.

The stupid decision was not to replace them with Coman. He was our only forward player actually trying to create something in the second half.

Disagree. Of course that this Robbery right now dont promise better performance, but against a defensive and counterattack team like PSG, what we need is the players for the one to one situations, for prevent to play too high with our defenders, in order to keep them in midfield for not risk in the back...

For me this game was for Robbery, Lewandowski and James instead of using Coman and Muller today. Robben and Ribery are our only players who have the balls to face the mark, others like to pass and pass when the mark is close.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Manchu » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:56 pm

#12 wrote:
Dude, no matter the talent, fecking kick and rush is always defendable... They're not defending either... Barca 2013 did it with ONE player and we tore them a new one... PSG did it with three - and look how that ended... It's not JUST him... But he's definitely the main reason we're not even top 3 in Bundesliga - and I'm not talking currently in the table - I mean in general

The NT plays incredibly well with almost exactly the same players(to the extent that I'm desperately waiting for international break to start so that I can see some good football)-- it's definitively Ancelotti. Our squad and transfer policy could use some improvement*, but all of that is useless without getting a coach with some conception of tactics.
*The number of players who could improve our squad is very small, but not non-existent, and particular we could acquire some better backups.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:58 pm

RAJBAYERN wrote:Disagree. Of course that this Robbery right now dont promise better performance, but against a defensive and counterattack team like PSG, what we need is the players for the one to one situations, for prevent to play too high with our defenders, in order to keep them in midfield for not risk in the back...

For me this game was for Robbery, Lewandowski and James instead of using Coman and Muller today. Robben and Ribery are our only players who have the balls to face the mark, others like to pass and pass when the mark is close.

If it were up to me I would probably have started Robben and Coman. I think Robben still has something to offer, but Ribery has not shown anything recently to deserve a starting place in the biggest game of the season so far. I'm also against starting both of Robbery together unless we have no other choice.

With Ribery instead of James or Muller we would have been even slower. We already couldn't beat the defence as is.

Maybe I am too biased in favour of Coman. I have believed in him since we first got him and I still believe he is going to be world-class. We should be giving him more chances, it's not like the ones playing instead of him are doing anything good.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:05 pm

"Do you all stand behind the coach?"
Robben: "I won't answer that question. We've all got to stand together as a team."

Kimmich: "Our body language tonight was poor. It's clear something must change."

Ancelotti: "It was purely a tactical decision to sit Robben and Ribery"
-Asked about no Hummels/Boateng: "Süle and Martinez were our best players tonight."

Good-bye and good riddance. It's nothing personal, but this has gone on far too long already.
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Manchu » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:07 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:If it were up to me I would probably have started Robben and Coman. I think Robben still has something to offer, but Ribery has not shown anything recently to deserve a starting place in the biggest game of the season so far. I'm also against starting both of Robbery together unless we have no other choice.

With Ribery instead of James or Muller we would have been even slower. We already couldn't beat the defence as is.

Maybe I am too biased in favour of Coman. I have believed in him since we first got him and I still believe he is going to be world-class. We should be giving him more chances, it's not like the ones playing instead of him are doing anything good.

I would have started

and surrendered most of possession to play a midfield block. That way, it would be much harder for PSG to counter-attack, their attacking three would be relatively isolated and would have to drop extremely deep to receive the ball, and we could win the ball as they tried to move it through our midfield and counterattack.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby RAJBAYERN » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:07 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
RAJBAYERN wrote:Disagree. Of course that this Robbery right now dont promise better performance, but against a defensive and counterattack team like PSG, what we need is the players for the one to one situations, for prevent to play too high with our defenders, in order to keep them in midfield for not risk in the back...

If it were up to me I would probably have started Robben and Coman. I think Robben still has something to offer, but Ribery has not shown anything recently to deserve a starting place in the biggest game of the season so far. I'm also against starting both of Robbery together unless we have no other choice.

As I said, Robbery right now dont promise a better performance, but with all the respect that my Thomas Muller deserve, if I have to choose a decline Ribery or a decline Muller, I will take scareface....

Also I explained why this was a game for Robbery in my last comment.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Manchu » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:09 pm

RAJBAYERN wrote:
As I said, Robbery right now dont promise a better performance, but with all the respect that my Thomas Muller deserve, if I have to choose a decline Ribery or a decline Muller, I will take scareface....

He's not in decline, he plays well for the national team all the time. He's just continually screwed over by Ancelotti's tactical decisions.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League