You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2017-09-27] PSG vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:45 pm

Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will win
36%
It will end in a draw
8%
Bayern Munich will win
56%

Total votes : 39

Re: [2017-09-27] PSG vs Bayern Munich

Postby James11 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:45 pm

Did we start any match with Rudy and Thiago in midfield?
James11
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby Ed. » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:55 pm

Coman wrote:Since Henyckes left. Except the 3-1 against Man City, the 2-2 against Juventus for 1 hour and the 5-1 (thanks to the red card) against Arsenal. Give me one away UCL big game Bayern played like they should have play ?

There is not any. Because we're jokes away from home in UCL for years now.

That's exactly right. Our performances in a few away games against decent sides has been good but the results have always been poor. As an away side in big games, both under Guardiola and Carlo, the club has been dreadful.
Ed.
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jorge » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:08 pm

Manchu wrote:
lespharesjaunes wrote:Are you sure that Vidal is banned for this game ?

I checked the official Champions League rules, and tranfersmarkt(and I for trusting the information there) was wrong. Red cards only suspend you for one match day, not two. Vidal can play.

I have not checked any source (UEFA is notorious for having different rules) but most competitions adopt the FIFA standards which is an automatic 1 game suspension for a red card but up to 3 games for aggravated circumstances. For suspensions longer than 3 games a special board needs to determine the length of the suspension.

Based on the fact that Vidal's red card did not include aggravated circumstances I am sure that he is not suspended for this game.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:12 pm

Image Image
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby James11 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:47 pm

"Many players want to leave their clubs when the transfer window is open, but I don't know if they really want to leave just improve their contracts.
"Verratti? He wanted a better contract. I know him well!"

Ancelotti
James11
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:23 pm

Coman wrote:Since Henyckes left. Except the 3-1 against Man City, the 2-2 against Juventus for 1 hour and the 5-1 (thanks to the red card) against Arsenal. Give me one away UCL big game Bayern played like they should have play ?

We haven't really played that many more away games against big teams.

We also beat Arsenal 0-2 and Roma 7-1. Last year, we beat Real Madrid away in regular time. When Real humiliated us in 2014, it was at home.

We've had some pretty embarrassing away results in recent years (Rostov, Benfica, Porto) against smaller teams, but in fact I only remember us losing away by more than 1 goal twice: Porto and Arsenal. The rest are called big games for a reason, and it's perfectly normal to play better at home. Losing 1-0 away to Atletico, Real, isn't too bad, even if we could have gotten a better result on another night.

The problem is that the performances which got us those bad results like Rostov are becoming a normality, even in the Bundesliga.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:27 pm

MUTU wrote:
MoFattal wrote:We cannot afford any more "lost" seasons in Europe.

This. Our image is important not only for the fans but also to help attract top players.

You know this lost season in Europe image is a reality when you're playing with Bayern in the FIFA 18 demo and the commentator goes something along the lines of "They've been dominant in Germany but European success has been eluding them for a long time." I don't remember the exact words, but I'm sure we'll be hearing it many times while playing the game this year.

I don't fully agree though. We are the last non-Spanish team to win it.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:57 pm

MUTU wrote:

This. Our image is important not only for the fans but also to help attract top players.

And who would pay for them?
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:53 pm

Here's what makes things interesting IMO.

*IF* we were to lose (especially lose heavily) I'm interested in seeing how things go for the next month or so. Hertha could be tricky I guess, and perhaps playing in Celtic park....but other than that I feel as though we won't have a good feel for things until the RBL double header at end of October. If we were to lose heavily to PSG and then lose both to RBL? I don't think anyone could survive three such losses....

On the flip side, even if we win or draw in PSG, I feel like we still won't really have a good picture of where we're at.

But, a loss? It's going to be a whole month of negative chatter with not a lot to divert attention.
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby RAJBAYERN » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:20 am

2-0 and 1-1 against Arsenal and Manu in 2013/2014 season..

Our main problem have been spanish team in Spain.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby RAJBAYERN » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:28 am

MUTU wrote:

Concerns on our image? Avoid more lost season? #-o

Amazing how some Bayern fans see Bayern recent performance in Europe as lost seasons.

After the treble, only 4 teams had better performance in Europe than Bayern ( Atlético, Real, Barcelona and Juventus), we still top 5 in europe until appear an English team in the protagonism..

We can't have a good image if there exist some own fans that consider Bayern in europe as Losers.... AMAZING!
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby MUTU » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:50 am

RAJBAYERN wrote:
MUTU wrote:

Concerns on our image? Avoid more lost season? #-o

Amazing how some Bayern fans see Bayern recent performance in Europe as lost seasons.

After the treble, only 4 teams had better performance in Europe than Bayern ( Atlético, Real, Barcelona and Juventus), we still top 5 in europe until appear an English team in the protagonism..

We can't have a good image if there exist some own fans that consider Bayern in europe as Losers.... AMAZING!
Nobody is saying we are losers, ok maybe just #12 :P, but the point is that we are seen less strong now than during the Heynckes reign. This isn't even an opinion as it's clear as day. So yes our image took a dent but it's still a formidable image. The question is whether or not we are ready for that image to get better or worse.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Jorge » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:09 am

MUTU wrote: Nobody is saying we are losers, ok maybe just #12 :P, but the point is that we are seen less strong now than during the Heynckes reign. This isn't even an opinion as it's clear as day. So yes our image took a dent but it's still a formidable image. The question is whether or not we are ready for that image to get better or worse.

Calling Bayern losers is non-sense.

With that out of the way we need to recognize that we are going through a period of redefining what the club's identity is, certainly is not the same that many of us identified with for decades. To certain degree, German Football in general is going through the same transformation.

The debate on whether we have to remain faithful to our traditions having a mix of homegrown players with a strong Bavarian and German presence, supplemented by some international names attached to the club, versus the idea of entering the bidding war for overpriced stars and trading players every summer like baseball cards...., this debate comes from somewhere, more and more we hear Bayern fans talking about it, now we hear players (or a player) as well. The issue will not go away regardless of how many times Uli Hoeness comes out to speak against it.

Looking back in retrospective what gave us success in the past was not buying our way up to the podium, it was the hard work within the organization to create a cohesive unit over a period of time, sometimes we had to wait for cycles to see results. Many times on paper we were less than the opponent, but our tradition and roots showed up in the big moments and we were as good as anyone. I am not afraid to say it: the German grit was part of it, we lack that for the most part these days.

What type of Bayern is flying to Paris in a few hours? We have to wait and see. I do not believe it is a team of losers but certainly it isn't the Back in the day Bayern.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby bmguy » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:05 am

Vidal will be available for the match. Just don't use the bulshit 4-3-3 any more.
bmguy
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Effenberg777 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:26 am

when even most passionate fans start to doub about their club winning chances, its clear Bayern isnt playing the way it should.
Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League