You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2017-09-27] PSG vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:45 pm

Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will win
36%
It will end in a draw
8%
Bayern Munich will win
56%

Total votes : 39

Re: [2017-09-27] PSG vs Bayern Munich

Postby Coman » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:55 am

A direct red card = 2 or 3 games but 2 yellow card = one game as far as I know the rules.

Edit :

I'm on the UEFA website. Kums (Anderlecht) who took a red card has the word "suspended" on his face when I look at Anderlecht squad while Vidal has nothing when I look at Bayern squad;
Bayern 3-3-3-1 build-up under Heynckes :
Neuer - Boateng Hummels Thiago - Kimmich Vidal Alaba - Robben Müller James - Lewandowski
Neuer- Boateng Vidal Hummels- Kimmich Martinez Alaba- Robben James Ribéry- Lewandowski
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency

Postby #12 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:57 am

aterford wrote:According to Transfermarkt he still has a game remaining. I thought he was eligible to go again too, though....

Think he got the third that would've suspended him in the (im)possible SF and then the second one also getting him suspended once...

bmguy wrote:The match comes at the wrong time when we have many injured and suspended players. I don't think Alaba is fit enough after such a long time.

I'd try Sule instead of Boateng, for his speed against pacy players from PSG. Robben and Coman are vital on our wing attack, they will give us quick counter attacks better than James. James should be given a freedom role. Mueller, Ribery, Toliso, Boateng will be among the key subs.

This will one hell of a game, we have serious problems on defense system and this match will push us to the limit.

There's no right time with such a coach...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby James11 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:14 pm

Bayern fans have been given 2200 tickets for Wednesday's Champions League game against PSG.
James11
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:30 pm

#12 wrote:I'm not sure I understand correctly... So in the same metaphor: is it like I'm mocking Bayern in order to hope for a win or to improve, or is it more like I'm doing it just for the sake of doing it?

Kind of, you're ready to harm yourself (Bayern loss) to achieve what you want. Usually it's a case where you do something that's not worth doing for your aim. In this case, I disagree that a loss is worse than keeping Ancelloti... but obviously I hope for a win.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:38 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
#12 wrote:I'm not sure I understand correctly... So in the same metaphor: is it like I'm mocking Bayern in order to hope for a win or to improve, or is it more like I'm doing it just for the sake of doing it?

Kind of, you're ready to harm yourself (Bayern loss) to achieve what you want. Usually it's a case where you do something that's not worth doing for your aim. In this case, I disagree that a loss is worse than keeping Ancelloti... but obviously I hope for a win.
And do you really think that if we do lose Carlo will be sacked?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:17 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:

So basically, we're on the same page, you're just way (way) less mental about it than me

ramsej84 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:

Well, no!
But it might get him closer to...

But that's not even the point! The point is, if he wins, he'll be allowed to dabble and bungle on till Christmas, and maybe longer... By that time, we won't have any title shots anymore... Quite frankly, our only realistic shot is BuLi anyway - provided our coach was not a total imbecile...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:28 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:

Only because our board tend to wait until it's too late.

If we lose, especially if we're completely outplayed, the alarm bells have to start ringing.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:01 am

As much as I mind, realistically I think he'll get till winter break at minimum. IIRC we can't be mathematically eliminated from UCL until Nov. 1 at earliest
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCB12Forever » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:22 am

My friend (who correctly predicted our 0:1 defeat to Atletico and 1:0 home victory last season) predicts a 1 - 3 or 1 - 4 defeat at Paris.

Let's see.
FCB12Forever
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:47 am

I hope that if we lose this it won't even be close but a real thrashing, something like 8 goals conceded that would force management's hand on Ancelotti. I have given up hope that we can have a successful season with him in charge.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:27 am

I have a feeling that he'll be sacked IF we lose. The media backlash is already very harsh now, so it would be unbearable if PSG wins the game. If we win, it might serve as a positive message and provide a big morale boost for the squad, but that means Carlo will most probably stay till the end of the season. And I do believe that we have a very little chance of getting the CL in his tenure. The BL is already looking very tough so far. I hope I'm wrong.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby FCB12Forever » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:46 am

MoFattal wrote:I have a feeling that he'll be sacked IF we lose. The media backlash is already very harsh now, so it would be unbearable if PSG wins the game. If we win, it might serve as a positive message and provide a big morale boost for the squad, but that means Carlo will most probably stay till the end of the season. And I do believe that we have a very little chance of getting the CL in his tenure. The BL is already looking very tough so far. I hope I'm wrong.

Doesn't seem so. I remember Klinsmann wasn't sacked even we lost to Barca 0 - 4. Barca even "had mercy" in the 2nd half. AND! We were blown up by Wolfs 5 - 1. Still alive! He was finally removed after losing to S04, where we were almost failing to get a CL spot.
FCB12Forever
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:02 am

FCB12Forever wrote:
MoFattal wrote:I have a feeling that he'll be sacked IF we lose. The media backlash is already very harsh now, so it would be unbearable if PSG wins the game. If we win, it might serve as a positive message and provide a big morale boost for the squad, but that means Carlo will most probably stay till the end of the season. And I do believe that we have a very little chance of getting the CL in his tenure. The BL is already looking very tough so far. I hope I'm wrong.

Doesn't seem so. I remember Klinsmann wasn't sacked even we lost to Barca 0 - 4. Barca even "had mercy" in the 2nd half. AND! We were blown up by Wolfs 5 - 1. Still alive! He was finally removed after losing to S04, where we were almost failing to get a CL spot.

That 4-0 wasn't really Klinsmann's fault. This was his backline: Butt - Oddo, Demichelis, Breno, Lell. If Ancelotti had this backline, we'd have lost to 2009 Barcelona 20-0 :lol:
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:04 am

I agree that our management never releases coaches early and they might stick to that for the moment. However, times have changed. We've always been one of the top clubs in Europe, but during the era around Klinsmann we were not "elite". We've been a good enough club to reach the QF continously, but not more than that. After that, we went a couple of levels up and became the best. Now, to remain there, we need to take better and quicker decisions. We cannot afford any more "lost" seasons in Europe.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:05 am

MoFattal wrote:We cannot afford any more "lost" seasons in Europe.

This. Our image is important not only for the fans but also to help attract top players.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League