You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2017-09-27] PSG vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:45 pm

Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will win
36%
It will end in a draw
8%
Bayern Munich will win
56%

Total votes : 39

Re: [2017-09-27] PSG vs Bayern Munich

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:32 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:One cuts off his testicles to tease his own wife

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
Damn man, sounds like this guy have balls to.. Oh wait

Send via carrier pigeon.
Exactly what #12 & some others are doing

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby James11 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:40 pm

Can anyone ban this man #12? Guy is totally dickead
James11
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby #12 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:56 pm

James11 wrote:Can anyone ban this man #12? Guy is totally dickead

Cute... Some new wannabe who already insulted me thrice is asking for a ban...

I'm not sure I understand correctly... So in the same metaphor: is it like I'm mocking Bayern in order to hope for a win or to improve, or is it more like I'm doing it just for the sake of doing it?
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:10 pm

#12 wrote:

I'm not sure I understand correctly... So in the same metaphor: is it like I'm mocking Bayern in order to hope for a win or to improve, or is it more like I'm doing it just for the sake of doing it?
No it means that you want Bayern to lose...even though you support them...

ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:18 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
#12 wrote:

No it means that you want Bayern to lose...even though you support them...

Whether I want or not makes actually no difference... I want them to win... Which is why they need a capable coach... Which means the current one needs to be sacked... Which means Hoeness needs to wake the **** up and fire him... Which means he needs to realize we're shit... Which only happens when we get destroyed... Easy chain of causation... In order to habe success in the long run, winning this could be the worst thing happening to us...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Germany

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:21 pm

Here's my preview for the game.

A team boasting the likes of Kylian Mbappe, Edinson Cavani, Julian Draxler and Lucas Moura in attack should not fail to score at Stade de la Mosson -even on such a dreadful pitch - and worse, not even look like scoring for large parts of a dour match.Kylian Mbappe was the only player who looked like he might make the breakthrough for them.Yeah,everybody can have day off sometimes.

Locker room problems can doom any team, and one seems to be brewing at the club between the team's two biggest stars.But it gets worse. According to L'Equipe, Neymar and Cavani had to be separated in the locker room after the match. Not a good sign for this team.But it's a good damn sign for me.This is the best time for me,as a Bayern fan to see something like this in team which we face in the Champions league.

As we know-Rabiot, Motta, and Verratti are expected to be Unai Emery’s preferred choice in a 4-3-3 formation, which the manager has lined the team up in since the start of the pre-season.Compared to the quality of options PSG have in other areas of the pitch, the depth in midfield definitely looks like a weak point.Experience aside, all three players prefer a more attacking style and are more comfortable in the advanced roles in midfield occupied by Rabiot and Verratti. It is in holding midfield that PSG could be faced with serious issues.

Rabiot is playing good,but we cannot say the same thing for Motta and Verratti at the moment.Just look the player ratings from the last couple of games for these three.A possesion team like Bayern should control the middle of the game without many problems.Why ? Because they don't know how to defend and as i said, these 3 are more attacking style players.I think that Motta is the weakest link in PSG's game at the moment.He's not the same player that he was last season,and the age dosn't help either-he's at 35 now.

With all this being said,there are some questions that we should answer.

1. Will be Alaba at 100 % to face off Mbappe ? We still don't know this,and i'm not sure that putting him against Mbappe in his first game back after injury is going to be a good thing.But what's our choice ? IF we start with Rafinha - with all my respect to him,but Kylian/Alves or Kylian/Meunier duo are going to destroy him. Let's hope that Alaba is going to start as a LB.

2.How we should play against them ?

Some people maybe will say that Robben should start in such a game,but let me remind that this is only our second game in the group stage.The game it's not 101 % important,but we all know that we should play good and win the game.And what's better that to start with the guys who showed that can play very well together - Coman,Müller and James. With all my words for PSG's middle,the best option will be Vidal to start.He must be used behind the midfield line as a typical holding midfielder.Also,he should act as an auxiliary centre back to help Bayern’s buildup.But he has still ban from Champions league, and I see Rudy as a give and go option in his absence.

The only question should be - who is going to play behind Lewa ? As i said,we should put James and Müller together on the pitch against them. Many people will want to put Robben as a starting RW,but it's not really good idea to play Müller or James (if we take these two as a starters) on the LW against a team like PSG. Also,if Alaba is going to play - he will need the speed of Coman in defence,and it's not the best time at the moment to play James as a LW - they will not have chemistry,the same thing goes for Müller - i can't remember when was the last time when i saw these two passing on the left.Coman is the better answer for the game,Alves and Muenier do not have the speed to stop him. (Even Alves was playing lately more like a RW than a RB).

I think that this should be our best team to play against them at the moment:

What's your thoughts?
Last edited by IsiahRashad on Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Manchu » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:48 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:Here's my preview for the game.

A team boasting the likes of Kylian Mbappe, Edinson Cavani, Julian Draxler and Lucas Moura in attack should not fail to score at Stade de la Mosson -even on such a dreadful pitch - and worse, not even look like scoring for large parts of a dour match.Kylian Mbappe was the only player who looked like he might make the breakthrough for them.Yeah,everybody can have day off sometimes.

Locker room problems can doom any team, and one seems to be brewing at the club between the team's two biggest stars.But it gets worse. According to L'Equipe, Neymar and Cavani had to be separated in the locker room after the match. Not a good sign for this team.But it's a good damn sign for me.This is the best time for me,as a Bayern fan to see something like this in team which we face in the Champions league.

As we know-Rabiot, Motta, and Verratti are expected to be Unai Emery’s preferred choice in a 4-3-3 formation, which the manager has lined the team up in since the start of the pre-season.Compared to the quality of options PSG have in other areas of the pitch, the depth in midfield definitely looks like a weak point.Experience aside, all three players prefer a more attacking style and are more comfortable in the advanced roles in midfield occupied by Rabiot and Verratti. It is in holding midfield that PSG could be faced with serious issues.

Rabiot is playing good,but we cannot say the same thing for Motta and Verratti at the moment.Just look the player ratings from the last couple of games for these three.A possesion team like Bayern should control the middle of the game without many problems.Why ? Because they don't know how to defend and as i said, these 3 are more attacking style players.I think that Motta is the weakest link in PSG's game at the moment.He's not the same player that he was last season,and the age dosn't help either-he's at 35 now.

1. Will be Alaba at 100 % to face off Mbappe ? We still don't know this,and i'm not sure that putting him against Mbappe in his first game back after injury is going to be a good thing.But what's our choice ? IF we start with Rafinha - with all my respect to him,but Kylian/Alves or Kylian/Meunier duo are going to destroy him. Let's hope that Alaba is going to start as a LB.

Some people maybe will say that Robben should start in such a game,but let me remind that this is only our second game in the group stage.The game it's not 101 % important,but we all know that we should play good and win the game.And what's better that to start with the guys who showed that can play very well together - Coman,Müller and James. With all my words for PSG's middle,the best option will be Vidal to start.He must be used behind the midfield line as a typical holding midfielder.Also,he should act as an auxiliary centre back to help Bayern’s buildup.

The only question should be - who is going to play behind Lewa ? As i said,we should put James and Müller together on the pitch against them. Many people will want to put Robben as a starting RW,but it's not really good idea to play Müller or James (if we take these two as a starters) on the LW against a team like PSG. Also,if Alaba is going to play - he will need the speed of Coman in defence,and it's not the best time at the moment to play James as a LW - they will not have chemistry,the same thing goes for Müller - i can't remember when was the last time when i saw these two passing on the left.Coman is the better answer for the game,Alves and Muenier do not have the speed to stop him. (Even Alves was playing lately more like a RW than a RB).

What's your thoughts?

Very good lineup, but Vidal is still match-banned from the Champions League. I would replace him with Rudy. Tolisso has yet to impress me in the slightest and we need Kimmich as RB. Also, I didn't watch the game between PSG and Montpellier, but expected goals says you're absolutely right:
Can't see tweet? Click here!
They only accumulated 0.64 expected goals against a bad team in Ligue 1, which is simply miserable. Hopefully Neymar stays injured and we don't let them score twice on very low probability shots, like what happened against Hoffenheim(0.56 expected goals conceded, 2 goals conceded) or Wolfsburg(0.54 expected goals conceded, 2 goals conceded).
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:52 pm

Manchu wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:Here's my preview for the game.

Some people maybe will say that Robben should start in such a game,but let me remind that this is only our second game in the group stage.The game it's not 101 % important,but we all know that we should play good and win the game.And what's better that to start with the guys who showed that can play very well together - Coman,Müller and James. With all my words for PSG's middle,the best option will be Vidal to start.He must be used behind the midfield line as a typical holding midfielder.Also,he should act as an auxiliary centre back to help Bayern’s buildup.

What's your thoughts?

Very good lineup, but Vidal is still match-banned from the Champions League. I would replace him with Rudy. Tolisso has yet to impress me in the slightest and we need Kimmich as RB. Also, I didn't watch the game between PSG and Montpellier, but expected goals says you're absolutely right:
Can't see tweet? Click here!
They only accumulated 0.64 expected goals against a bad team in Ligue 1, which is simply miserable. Hopefully Neymar stays injured and we don't let them score twice on very low probability shots, like what happened against Hoffenheim(0.56 expected goals conceded, 2 goals conceded) or Wolfsburg(0.54 expected goals conceded, 2 goals conceded).
Oh, I forgot about the suspension of Vidal. I'm going to edit my post.
Thank you.

Send via carrier pigeon.
Image Image
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:55 pm

yes vidal is needed in such a match...
I only hope that Alaba makes it...
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby DRvad14 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:44 am

/quote]
Very good lineup, but Vidal is still match-banned from the Champions League. ).[/quote]

vidal is available for the game , it was one match suspension
DRvad14
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby aterford » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:04 am

According to Transfermarkt he still has a game remaining. I thought he was eligible to go again too, though....
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby James11 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:25 am

Thiago or Vidal with Rudy in midfield will be amazing.
James11
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby bmguy » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:30 am

The match comes at the wrong time when we have many injured and suspended players. I don't think Alaba is fit enough after such a long time.

I'd try Sule instead of Boateng, for his speed against pacy players from PSG. Robben and Coman are vital on our wing attack, they will give us quick counter attacks better than James. James should be given a freedom role. Mueller, Ribery, Toliso, Boateng will be among the key subs.

This will one hell of a game, we have serious problems on defense system and this match will push us to the limit.

bmguy
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Coman » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:40 am

IsiahRashad wrote:I think that this should be our best team to play against them at the moment:

What's your thoughts?

I think no Vidal and no Robben against such a side is funny.

Vidal suspended ? Weird absolutly no media talked about it...

Bayern 3-3-3-1 build-up under Heynckes :
Neuer - Boateng Hummels Thiago - Kimmich Vidal Alaba - Robben Müller James - Lewandowski
Neuer- Boateng Vidal Hummels- Kimmich Martinez Alaba- Robben James Ribéry- Lewandowski
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency

Postby bmguy » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:46 am

Coman wrote:I think no Vidal and no Robben against such a side is funny.

Vidal suspended ? Weird absolutly no media talked about it...

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/arturo- ... eler/37666 >> Indirect card suspension - UEFA Champions League . NOt sure about it :roll:
bmguy
Yeah, now I'm talking!

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League