You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2008-12-10] Olympique Lyon vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

who will win the Lyon vs. Bayern game?

Poll ended at Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:45 am

Bayern wins
79%
Freakin' draw
21%
Lyon wins
No votes

Total votes : 14

[2008-12-10] Olympique Lyon vs Bayern Munich

Postby walter » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:45 am

Last game of the group stage. It would be nice to win away and send out a clear message of our intentions to win CL!!! :P
If we loose I hope we face Panathianaikos!
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [Dec 9, 2009] Lyon vs Bayern Munich

Postby reiniksrobis » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:21 am

I even don`t know, what is better. To lose or goalless draw and face MU/Villarreal, Arsenal, Juve, Barca, Panathinaikos, Roma, Liverpool or win or draw[with goals] and face CHELSEA, INTER, REAL, Sporting, Atletico, Villarreal/MU, Porto... We should win... Then we need a lucky draw[for example- Sporting] and hope, that other pairs will be MU-Inter, Barca-Chelsea, Real-Liverpool, Villarreal- Juve, Roma Liverpool, Atletico-Porto or something like that. Sounds like a dream, but EVERYTHING is possible :o Today Ribery will score again and add one more assist in assists table[he is 1st with 4 assists].

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Raphael Sanzio » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:28 am

The only advantage of topping the table is that we'd play the first game away. Other than that I don't care who we face as long as we're sure of ourselves. Bayern will face super teams sooner or later. So that doesn't make a difference. On another note I think Hoeness and Co. shouldn't get too full of theselves if we win against Lyon. We still need to get new players if we wanna make a great impression in the CL. But then again it's hard to find world class players who are legible to play in the CL. The way I see it we're better than Lyon. Sure we don't have Lucio and Ze, but they don't have Juninho, and that's a relief. I think it's gonna end 1-2 for Bayern. Whaddayathink?
Last edited by Raphael Sanzio on Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raphael Sanzio
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby walter » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:23 pm

I think we should win and get Real Madrid (a very exciting match on paper). We can beat them again!!!
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby FCBinNYC » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:52 pm

We WILL get Madrid if it ends up being possible. If not, then we'll get someone else hard. (Speaking of Madrid, one of my favorite article titles today: "Juande My Prince Will Come." Brilliant!)

But I'm looking forward to the match today, obviously Lyon will be motivated but I think Bayern's form will see them through as Lyon really hasn't been good recently. Is Benzema fit? We'll be busy at the back if he is. Ze is out, would you rather see Ottl or Borowski filling in? We kept a clean sheet at Leverkusen with Ottl, so he's my pick. Let's hope we actually see some football today, you never know with these last group games!
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby shwas55 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:02 pm

we should do our best to top the group, playing the return match at home is a big advantage.
I just hope Oddo doesnt start this match he loses alot of position when he go forward and with a quick team like lyon this could cost us a goal or 2.
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby Raphael Sanzio » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:04 pm

I think Klinsi has an ace up his sleeve regarding this season's CL. He's gonna make something huge. I can feel it.Whaddayathink?!
Raphael Sanzio
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby shwas55 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:16 pm

Raphael Sanzio wrote:I think Klinsi has an ace up his sleeve regarding this season's CL. He's gonna make something huge. I can feel it.Whaddayathink?!

I hope so, but i just dont think we will be a huge player in the C.L this year, anything beyond the QF will be an achievement in my opinion.
The team needs few tweaks to become a major contender a world class DM, a replacement for Oddo, and maybe an AM (this will depend on klinsi if he wants to stick to the 4-4-2 system we wont need an AM ).

MUTU i hope you dont mind, i used one of your quotes as my signature, =P~
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby MrLinky » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:08 pm

FCBinNYC wrote:Is Benzema fit?

He is still a major doubt but I think its gonna be decided just minutes before the match whether he will be able to make the starting XI.Juninho is banned and they have huge problems at the back: Bodmer , Reveillere and Clerc are injured and Cris is banned.So because of these injury problems they have , I think we should be able to beat them and finish the group as first placed - something I dont consider to be of big importance this year when you take a look at some of the second placed teams in the other groups.
As for the Ze replacement I think Ottl should start the match , he did a great job in Leverkusen and I'm sure he would do the same tonight.But we'll see what Klinsmann has on his mind in half an hour.
Last edited by MrLinky on Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:27 pm

shwas55 wrote:MUTU i hope you dont mind, i used one of your quotes as my signature, =P~

rofl!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby thulkazal » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:34 pm

fc bayern squad : rensing-oddo,demichelis,buyten,lahm-bastian,bommel,borowski,ribery-toni,klose

lyon squad :loris-grosso,boumsong,mensah,gassama-toulalan,makoun-mounier,ederson,govou-benzema
thulkazal
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby shwas55 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:38 pm

MUTU wrote:
shwas55 wrote:MUTU i hope you dont mind, i used one of your quotes as my signature, =P~

rofl!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby thulkazal » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:24 pm

KLOSE THE KINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thulkazal
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MrLinky » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:36 pm

Not bad so far , cant complain about the effectiveness tonight ! :mrgreen: =D> =D>
Last edited by MrLinky on Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby walter » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:36 pm

3-0! so far so good at halftime!!! Great to see Klose at his best again, I had lost my faith in him after the long slump he went through...
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela

Next

Return to UEFA Champions League