You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2008-12-10] Olympique Lyon vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

who will win the Lyon vs. Bayern game?

Poll ended at Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:45 am

Bayern wins
79%
Freakin' draw
21%
Lyon wins
No votes

Total votes : 14

Re: [Dec 9, 2009] Lyon vs Bayern Munich

Postby SuXaR » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:37 pm

What a game!! Klose rules, he scores, he tackles, closing down. He's in top form,
Lizu is on the Canal+ :)
Don't understand a thing, but they first word was catastrophic :))))) Guess why.
C'mon BAYERN!!!!!
SuXaR
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby thulkazal » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:39 pm

imagine at top Olic and Klose 2 hard workers lol xD would be nice combo thou ^^
thulkazal
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby shwas55 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:43 pm

What a game by Rensing, he made some unbelievable saves.
Klose was great
Ribery was great
Lahm was great
Van butyen was great, even Demi was good

our centre midfield was very poor, what a mistake by van bommel that led to Lyon's first goal.
I dont think we can wait till the summer to get a better DM than VB, i dont think we should wait.

The Board gotta do something about this leacking goals like that is never a good sign.
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby degenha2 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:28 pm

I did not watch the game or highlights (not up yet on bayerns site) but from what i have read, he played excellent. If this is true. I am very pleased to hear this as he is finally showing that he has what it takes to be a dominant keeper. any thoughts?
degenha2
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby MaCk0y » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:29 pm

Playing with 10 men and winning 2-3 at Lyon is a great achievement. Toni sucked. He was like a child 'running' after the ball. I did not understand why Klinsi replaced Klose with Ottl instead of Toni. Maybe Klose was tired, but even if he was, he would still have been better than Toni and more dangerous for sure. Rensing made some very good saves. The first goal was not his fault, the shot was too powerful to punch far away. Van Buyten should have reacted quicker. The second goal was unfortunate for Bayern in that Van Buyten tackled the ball and ended up in Benzema's path. Super tackle by Demichelis at the end to deny Fred. Ribery was sensational as always. It's frightening to imagine Bayern without him. Finally, Altintop is back :!: :)
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MrLinky » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:48 pm

We kind of stopped playing football in the second half , you just cant give away a lead like that and let the match become so close at the end.It happened against Bochum , it happened against Monchengladbach ( with those 2 being wins and not ridiculous draws we would already be in the first place in the BL with a 4-point lead) and now it happened against Lyon , we just got VERY lucky this time we didnt concede the equalizer.
But still you have to see the positive side , we won away against Lyon scoring 3 goals - even Man Untd didnt manage to do that last year when they became champions.Rensing was top-class today , I stopped counting the times he saved us.And the fact is: We are the best group-stage team along with Liverpool and 3 of our players were picked into the group-stage top11 - Rensing , Ribery and Lucio! 8) ...think Klose also deserved to be in there with 5 goals and 2 assists.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby slyk » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:33 am

Good game, and excellent result but second half was a bit poor. As already mentioned, i don't know why they lost focus and allowed Lyon to get back in the game. They've done this against a few teams in the BL and it frightens me because strong teams in CL will take advantage of this.
Am not a big fan of Toni this season but he did give Ribery the pass which lead to him scoring, so good job Toni( he manages to do ONE fatal move in each game). Klose, Rensing, lahm, and Schweinsteiger also caught my attention with they're game play.
slyk
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:01 am

degenha2 wrote:I did not watch the game or highlights (not up yet on bayerns site) but from what i have read, he played excellent. If this is true. I am very pleased to hear this as he is finally showing that he has what it takes to be a dominant keeper. any thoughts?

Well, in my opinion he was more lucky than good.
In the first half, he let the ball go under his outstretched horizontal diving body and luckily for us it hit the post.
Their first goal was partly his fault. He should have held that mid-range shot, or at least punched it to the side (or perhaps to the corner) instead of laying it to the feet of their striker.
Also there was one point where he saved a close range shot. But the replays showed it was more by luck than skill, since he was moving in a different direction and the ball hit his foot.

Conclusion: I am still not convinced about Rensing.

As regards the rest of the match, good game! It left a bitter taste though at how we let such a lead almost slip through our fingers. The players became complacent after Lyon scored the first goal, and it was one-way traffic after that.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Re: [2008-12-10] Olympique Lyon vs Bayern Munich

Postby Tomas » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:25 pm

Klinsi said they started to relax in the second half. Thats a mistake. Especially in the CL. Just glad it worked out well. Now for the wait of the draw!
Tomas
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby BayernJ » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:08 pm

http://www.vidgoal.tk.

Third goal was great!!!!!!!!!!!! =D>
BayernJ
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Finland

Postby kist160 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:21 am

kist160
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Previous

Return to UEFA Champions League