You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[07-04-2010] Manchester United vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Result

Poll ended at Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:21 pm

Bayern Wins
38%
Draw
36%
Manchester Wins (Manchester Goes through)
8%
Manchester Wins (Bayern Goes through)
18%

Total votes : 61

Re: [07-04-2010] Manchester United vs Bayern Munich

Postby MrLinky » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:01 pm

"Typical Germans..." :roll:

Alex Ferguson as we know him. A classless whiner and a bad, bitter loser. As a coach, he's one of the greatest the world has ever seen, but as a personality he's just pathetic. It’s not the first time he looks to put the blame on someone else for a loss, instead of questioning his own team's performance and his tactical decisions.

Two turning points in this game: first one was Olic's goal, which was really, really important and left us with some hope going into half-time and got them shocked and nervous, considering how superior they looked. Second one was Rafael's sending off, his inexperience was obvious on that occasion. You don't pull on a player's shirt like that, having been shown a yellow card earlier in the match. If you do, you're gonna get sent off, no two ways about it. From then on, I was really calm and confident, we were the dominant side and I knew we were gonna get one more. We were the better team in 3 of the 4 halfs of this tie and we deservedly got through. 45 good minutes aren't enough to make the semis. Ironic, to see ManUtd win at the Old Trafford for the first time against us and still not make it through. :mrgreen:

We were pretty much out in Torino, we were pretty much out in Florence and we were pretty much out in Manchester. Yet, here we are in the semi-final, facing Lyon for a place in the final. I'm proud of this team, no matter what happens from here on out!
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bayern123 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:39 pm

That Robben goal was one of the greatest goals in Bayern history I have seen! Think about all of the circumstances. The volley shot that needed to be ABSOLUTELY perfect. There was no room for error. Bayern needing a goal to advance to the SEMIS of THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE. AGAINST MANU!!! AT OLD TRAFFORD!!

It was just amazing!!!

Talent, of course, dictates a lot in how you do in the biggest club tournament. BUT, LUCK is very much a part of it. FOR ALL TEAMS!!

Think about it. Who you draw is a significant part of it. Bayern avoided some very tough draws before MANU. Injuries play a huge part. Rooney NOT a 100% and not finishing game was advantageous for Bayern. Bayern have played with men down as well in the history of competition. Didn't Elber and Lizarazu miss the 1999 Final? It goes on and on.

AND HOW does Bayern still advance, after having some of the worst defensive displays for this year's Champions League. Really bad ones.

Toughness. Never quitting! Heart and Desire!

I would not put money on Bayern winning the whole thing. Lyon has historically been very tough for Bayern. I don't believe we have a good record with them.

If the defense plays better, has more composure, Bayern will advance to Final.

Bayern can't have more awful mistakes in their half. Badstuber might be tiring. Don't forget, this is his FIRST year of Professional football!!!! He looked so out of his class against MANU. AND he is a CB, not a LB. It might be good NOT to play him in that position against Lyon. Take Demichelis out, place Badstuber in CB with DvB. LB should be given to Contento or Altintop. Contento has not played so much this season. AND Altintop has been playing better of late. (except the red card last week)

Lyon will be very difficult!!! Clean sheet at home is ABSOLUTELY A MUST!!!
bayern123
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby EQ Kimball » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:12 pm

README wrote:Come on, How old are u? my 5 year old brother can do much better than that, and by the way I´m laughing at u

Join the Milk movement
EQ Kimball
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Hawkeye » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:15 am

Hey Guys. Ive been a member of this forum for a while now, I always read what you guys have to say but dont post too often. Ive been a die hard Bayern fan since I visited Munich when I was 12, that was in 2001. I watched a game at the old Olympic Stadium and was hooked. Since then I dont think Ive ever been as excited about our prospects as I am this season.

In Australia, where Im from, the footballing diet we get isnt the best. I envy those living in Europe who have quality football leagues in their own backyard. The professional league here is only 5 years old and the quality is understandable lacking I feel. Over the years watching the Champions League on TV here Ive found theres a lot of media bias towards English teams, obviously because England is our "motherland". As a European born here that pisses me off. But for ONCE after the Man United game the football "expert" gave some credit to Bayern. This made me smile from ear to ear. He said the way that Bayern controlled the game in the second half and switched the play from flank to flank was calm and intelligent, and I tend to agree. As for all this "Bayern are cheats" rubbish, well ... http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/0 ... 68x414.jpg

Anyway guys thanks for all the entertainment, gives me something interesting to read when Im sick of studying. I hope you're all well!.
Hawkeye
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby eddinanM3 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:29 am

I would agree that Lyon will be very difficult, but at this stage who isn't? It is the semi's of the CL you expect to get a dificult team. If I remember right we drew with Lyon at Allianz and then beat them away last season in the CL group stage.

I don't think it is a case of Badstuber getting tired, but more a case of him playing out of position as he is naturally suited to be a CB and not out on the wing. I think that Contento would be better suited for that spot right now as he has more speed to handle guys that bring pace to the wings. Badstuber is suspended for the first leg against Lyon anyway so Contento has to play unless LVG is willing to throw Altintop back there, which probably would be smart considering that Van Bommel is also suspended for the first leg.

Hopefully, the back four can do better than the showing at Old Tratford and try to get back to what we did at Gelsenkirchen the game before. Bayern need to try and keep a clean sheet at home in the first leg because those away goals catch up to you sooner or later.
eddinanM3
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby eddinanM3 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:33 am

* I meant wouldn't be smart. sorry
eddinanM3
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby woot162 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:00 am

Aly Cissokho left back from Lyon is a good for Bayern in left he can be a new Lizarazu.
No body perfect !
woot162
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Element » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:29 am

woot162 wrote:Aly Cissokho left back from Lyon is a good for Bayern in left he can be a new Lizarazu.

No

I Dont like this guy even though he is good (Especially for his price that will be more than 16 mio euros)

I Prefer Taye Taiwo over him
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby shpati_L1 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:20 pm

Now i remember.

WTF was fergie saying ? typical germans.

There were 4 players running at the ref:
Olic,Ribery,MvB,Schweini.

3 of them arent german.

Typical Fergie.
shpati_L1
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner

National Flag:
Albania

Postby shileno » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:22 pm

Ferguson is a bad loser. When he's team is defeated he always looks for anyone to blame.
shileno
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Chile

Postby Aequitas1987 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:30 pm

SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Element » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:24 pm

Darren Fletcher said " Bayern Have hit him on purpose , there were some attacks from behind "

Bad loser ?!
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby mrfloyd87 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:38 pm

Enjoy my friends! We have one of the best "Ultras" group in CL and they've been more than our 12 player this season and we should be proud of 'em! SCHICKERIA INFERNO with typical 'Ultras' attitude towards modern football which I respect! Gegen Den Modernen Fussball (which means 'Against Modern Football'). It's all about passion, emotions, love for the game and not f* money!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPUBiQkvQxw
FC Bayern Stern Des Sudens...
mrfloyd87
Getting the hang of it

Postby jayjay » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:59 am

I am a Man Uinted fan and am embarassed by Fergusons comments after we lost the match against Bayern. Fergie is a fantastic manager but he doesn't know how to accept responsibility for his own actions.
It was his fault that we got beaten, firstly he was too complacent, even arrogant in assuming that United just had to turn up to win, Second he should not have played Rooney when he was obviously unfit, third he should have realised that Rafael's inexperience would liklely result in him being sent off, and therefore he should have been substituted. His poor decisions will result in us not winning either the CL or the Premier title.

I hope Bayern go on to win the CL, I was in Munich many years ago for the Oktoberfest and had a great time, everybody was really friendly,

Cheers
JayJay
jayjay
First post

Postby Element » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:38 am

jayjay wrote:I am a Man Uinted fan and am embarassed by Fergusons comments after we lost the match against Bayern. Fergie is a fantastic manager but he doesn't know how to accept responsibility for his own actions.
It was his fault that we got beaten, firstly he was too complacent, even arrogant in assuming that United just had to turn up to win, Second he should not have played Rooney when he was obviously unfit, third he should have realised that Rafael's inexperience would liklely result in him being sent off, and therefore he should have been substituted. His poor decisions will result in us not winning either the CL or the Premier title.

I hope Bayern go on to win the CL, I was in Munich many years ago for the Oktoberfest and had a great time, everybody was really friendly,

thanks Brother

And True , Ferguson kicked you out of The CL

He played Rooney who was injured , Rafael is still a teenager

and Ferguson thought that we are lie AC Milan

a bunch of 1000 year old players who think that they are the best yet have no pride

so he (actually you) paid for that
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League