You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-11-25] Manchester City vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:45 pm

Manchester City will win
5%
It will end in a draw
18%
Bayern Munich will win
77%

Total votes : 22

Re: [2014-11-25] Manchester City vs Bayern Munich

Postby FCB general » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:54 pm

johndear wrote:Is pep instructed not to attack when winning or players at the front do not want to engage going forward. there were several chances we could have go forward one or one or two on two but we end up going side way or backward passing.... :? :? :? :?

I guess not. Even if he instructed, they clearly must disobey on that. Players were those who completely blew up. So much mistakes around the center, the ball was often gifted and you would almost every time see City's quick long ball to forward players. So stupid behavior from players.
They played very, very well vs. 11 City players, preventing every single chance for City to do something, but when they decided to allow home side to score or play, they did it by making those mentioned passing errors.
So stupid and amateur mistakes in one Bayern game I haven't seen for long. The only guy who wanted to pass forward was Ribery, the rest were passing to closest behind.

I'm not that 'proud'(how can I be proud for some stupidity) with their performance, I'm not disappointed not a little bit, but I'm still very amused by this display. Summary is brutal: We didn't want to win this match so we lost. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hojbjerg was awesome, his ball control, stability, I don't know if he ever lost the ball with his excellent positioning to protect it. =D>

Also, I feel very bad for the Doctor. He's been waiting for long to play from the first minute, but Guardiola had to decide either Rode or Hojbjerg, and he was that guy who had to come out for Dante.

The team picture before the match-start obviously had showed who were the guys who're specially looking forward to play this match(smile on their faces, Rode and Hojbjerg).

Last edited by FCB general on Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby MUTU » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:56 pm

FCB general wrote:he team picture before the match-start obviously had showed who were the guys who're specially looking forward to play this match(smile on their faces, Rode and Hojbjerg).

Guess you missed Arjen's huge grin? Sounds like Ribery told him something funny and Neuer overheard it to, but Alonso, Bernat and Benatia didn't seem to understand it.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MillaMjau » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:59 pm

Didn't see the 2nd half last night because cow started calving but watched it just now. I think it was a very good performance with 10 men. The mistakes leading to those two late goals were unfortunate, I guess their feet were getting heavy and they let their concentration slip. As Pep said afterwards, it was a good lesson. Blunders like that cannot happen on later stages.

IMHO, Benatia has been steadily improving but his red card last night, what a brain fart. :x Pep was forced to make an early sub after that (poor Rode, he was doing great) and that obviously changed the game for us.

And a BIG plus: no injuries. :)
Das Runde muss ins Eckige!
MillaMjau
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Finland

Postby JANCKER » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:27 pm

Mueller should've been subbed on to give his blessing. 8)
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby envagyokazapad » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:57 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
envagyokazapad wrote:What do you mean we fans don't deserve this?
They played their hearts out 10 vs 11 for 70 mins...they put two feet wrong and we got punished for it. They worked hard and did their best...that's the only thing you can ever ask for.
If a fan fails to see the effort the team put into this it's their fault.

I thought winning with 10 men from 1-0 down was impossible, but we still almost managed to do it.

The only thing I regret is we had to lose on a Boateng mistake. The guy was absolutely flawless throughout the entire game, he didn't deserve to walk off the pitch looking down.

I don't accept such unnecessary mistakes from players of the caliber of Xabi Alonso & Boateng ... Let me call them mistakes... and I stop here...

I'm sure you are perfect. :wink:
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jorsett » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:02 pm

Jorsett wrote:Speaking of Bluemoon; went through their forum and they're getting pretty salty already. :|
(...) while your directors don't pay their taxes, while your club continues to be bankrolled by Bavarian companies to give you enough financial muscle to bully your league and while using your influence at UEFA to rig the rules and regulations in your favour and the rest of the g14s all have a part to play in that.

](*,)

I'll spare you what I've read on Bluemoon after the game. #-o ](*,)
#DankeBasti
Jorsett
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Norway

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:35 pm

Jorsett wrote:
Jorsett wrote:Speaking of Bluemoon; went through their forum and they're getting pretty salty already. :|
(...) while your directors don't pay their taxes, while your club continues to be bankrolled by Bavarian companies to give you enough financial muscle to bully your league and while using your influence at UEFA to rig the rules and regulations in your favour and the rest of the g14s all have a part to play in that.

](*,)

I read them for like 10 minutes and all I saw was "Agüero, Agüero, Agüero, Agüero...". They think he is a legend or something after this...
PunkCapitalist

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:38 pm

Jorsett wrote:

](*,)

I read them for like 10 minutes and all I saw was "Agüero, Agüero, Agüero, Agüero...". They think he is a legend or something after this...
PunkCapitalist

Postby quaazi » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:41 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:I read them for like 10 minutes and all I saw was "Agüero, Agüero, Agüero, Agüero...". They think he is a legend or something after this...

He became a legend when he won them the league.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby rthebest » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:17 pm

FCB general wrote:I'm not that 'proud'(how can I be proud for some stupidity) with their performance, I'm not disappointed not a little bit, but I'm still very amused by this display. Summary is brutal: [/b]

I wouldn't call Alonso's and Boeteng's mistakes stupidity but agree with Benatia's. Anybody who played sports knows that when you get tired your brain and muscles don't work as they should be. but Benatia lost the game for us it it was 10 minutes to go I would understand but you don't get do stupid challenge to get a red card and leave your mates shorthanded for 70 minutes. I am reading Pep Confidential book; coincidentally yesterday I read the part that Pep wanted to remind Boeteng that it is better to let the opponent score than get a red card because of a missed timed risky tackle after Boeteng did a risky challenge during the match against Mainz. I hope Benatia has learned his lesson.

I am proud of the performance, as they put lots of heart in the game the control the game but at the end they ran of the gas.
rthebest
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby rthebest » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:25 pm

On different note the last two game showed Lahm's injury has been our biggest lost. And showed how valuable he is in the midfield and why Pep wants to use him there.
rthebest
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:03 pm

Someone's been watching Wiese a bit too much:

Spoiler: show
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:07 pm

That City dirty body checking though... Lewa just took it to another level, to show he can do better than them while they're at it.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Bayernbazi » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:24 pm

The 2 late goals gifted to city may have been tired legs but, that kind of situation whereby the defence is caught short happens very frequently in BuLiga. Luckily for us, either Neuer makes miracles or the opponent wastes his chane. I hope that that yesterday's blunders serve for something and are tackled because the later we move into CL the opponents will be less forgiving and I don't wish to see another 4 goal score against us this year as well !
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ottomeister13 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:23 am

](*,)[/quote]
I'll spare you what I've read on Bluemoon after the game. #-o ](*,)[/quote]
I read them for like 10 minutes and all I saw was "Agüero, Agüero, Agüero, Agüero...". They think he is a legend or something after this...[/quote]

Yeah he is man!! He is City's all time league top scorer with like 58 goals? #-o #-o #-o
Ottomeister13

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League