You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-11-25] Manchester City vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:45 pm

Manchester City will win
5%
It will end in a draw
18%
Bayern Munich will win
77%

Total votes : 22

Re: [2014-11-25] Manchester City vs Bayern Munich

Postby Badger » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:33 am

City had only one player who is in Bayern's league, and Bayern paid dearly for not showing him enough respect.

Overall, Bayern played well - even the players whose individual errors cost Bayern the game. Bayern were better in virtually every way, and the result was an escape for City, rather than a deserved result.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby sws » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:35 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:I think Xabi has been playing poorly for 2 or 3 games now. He's misplacing lots of short range passes and not making the good diagonal long range ones. I think Pep might be overusing him. Anyway... Yes, it was an irrelevant match, but the mistakes were inexcusable

What are you talking about? Xabi had a great game other than his blunder. After we went one man/goal down, he was one of our most collected players when most players were starting to lose composure. He scored the equalizing freekick. Other than that one blunder, he was great. I do agree that he needs to be rested more, though.
sws
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby johndear » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:50 am

Zer0 Bayern wrote:It was a matter of time. So many back passes for nothing. Even with 10 men at 1st half we were amazing, but we refused to attack in the 2nd period and that's what happens.

Is pep instructed not to attack when winning or players at the front do not want to engage going forward. there were several chances we could have go forward one or one or two on two but we end up going side way or backward passing.... :? :? :? :?
All's Fair In LOVE and WAR
johndear
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby JANCKER » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:45 am

That card ruined everything they prepared for this game, simple as that.

Now City has a second chance, they don't want to mess this one too. Trust me when I say you don't hate them more than I do, for all they represent... Brace yourself for otherworldly weird articles. Yeah, and they too will completely neglect the fact that they faced a 10 men Bayern like they always do when we lose, enjoy it.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby CaptainLahm21 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:46 am

JANCKER wrote:That card ruined everything they prepared for this game, simple as that.

Now City has a second chance, they don't want to mess this one too. Trust me when I say you don't hate them more than I do, for all they represent... Brace yourself for otherworldly weird articles. Yeah, and they too will completely neglect the fact that they faced a 10 men Bayern like they always do when we lose, enjoy it.

I had a quick look on the bluemoon forum and most of them were just yelling aguero and criticizing scholes who was on itv tonight
KIMMICH! 
CaptainLahm21
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby michel » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:13 am

Frustrated by the loss against City? You shouldn’t be. They dominated an opponent with 10 men, smart possession and solid defending!

More: Manchester City – Bayern tactical analysis: 10 brilliant men
Publisher of Bayern Central
michel
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jorsett » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:49 am

michel wrote:Frustrated by the loss against City? You shouldn’t be. They dominated an opponent with 10 men, smart possession and solid defending!

But we handed them a lifeline! :x

Spoiler: show
Meh, I'm over it. It's not like we played bad, it was a dominant display with some errors that cost us dearly.
#DankeBasti
Jorsett
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Norway

Postby lau03143 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:27 am

Such a frustrating defeat, especially since it was entirely our own fault.

Ridiculous sending off for Benatia. Alonso with a wayward pass and Boateng reverting back to his Man City days with a weak attempt for a clearance.

Individual errors cost us last night.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:14 am

johndear wrote:
Zer0 Bayern wrote:It was a matter of time. So many back passes for nothing. Even with 10 men at 1st half we were amazing, but we refused to attack in the 2nd period and that's what happens.

Is pep instructed not to attack when winning or players at the front do not want to engage going forward. there were several chances we could have go forward one or one or two on two but we end up going side way or backward passing.... :? :? :? :?

T
Yes undeed ... As if they had other plans in mind... Smells fishy...imo

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby lau03143 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:28 am

michel wrote:Frustrated by the loss against City? You shouldn’t be. They dominated an opponent with 10 men, smart possession and solid defending!

This is exactly why it's a frustrating defeat. We were far the better team for almost all the game, yet we gave it away with too many errors.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby longeleven » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:23 am

Every year, we lose against Arsenal, Man City...like this match, you may think "shit happens" but now we pay off the Stadium debt in only 9 years [ estimate time was 25 years ]
There's reasons to lose this kind of nonsense match :oops:
longeleven
Getting the hang of it

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:00 pm

Call me optimist :P but I'm happy with our performance yesterday.

Yes, we gifted them 3 stupid (or very stupid I should say) goals. But that's the kind of mistakes that may happen when the game is meaningless for you players and they're not 100% focused on it

But overall it was a very good performance. We were missing a lot of key players, we were early down to ten men against a team that desperately needed to win but still we managed to dominate the game in a good way. Not just useless ball possession.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby FCB general » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:04 pm

lau03143 wrote:Such a frustrating defeat, especially since it was entirely our own fault.

No, it's not frustrating at all. It's soooooooooooo stupid defeat. I mean, we have had everything bad in the beginning, then after red card under control and finally let that to someone else.

What can you do than mock on your own stupidity? On this forum people are unhappy, but I'm happy that I saw sucha circus demonstrated in Bayern production. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why the hell would you 1:0 turn to 1:2 and then literally gift City with 2 goals in 5 minutes and lose it? I want (i)rational explanations, please. I'm in great mood for this. :D

You see how serious I am. :mrgreen:
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby Badger » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:29 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Call me optimist :P but I'm happy with our performance yesterday.

Yes, we gifted them 3 stupid (or very stupid I should say) goals. But that's the kind of mistakes that may happen when the game is meaningless for you players and they're not 100% focused on it

But overall it was a very good performance. We were missing a lot of key players, we were early down to ten men against a team that desperately needed to win but still we managed to dominate the game in a good way. Not just useless ball possession.

Great post. I agree entirely, and am sorry for the players rather than critical. I also liked Pep's "I am proud of my players" - a great reaction by the boss.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby MUTU » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:30 pm

Guys why are you blaming Boateng? It was clearly Alaba's fault!

Latin American Herald Tribune wrote:
With only five minutes left in regulation, a rare defensive lapse by Alonso set up Kun’s second goal to knot the score at 2-2 and Aguero exploited Alaba’s error in stoppage time to pull out the win. [source]

:mrgreen:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League