You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-11-25] Manchester City vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:45 pm

Manchester City will win
5%
It will end in a draw
18%
Bayern Munich will win
77%

Total votes : 22

Re: [2014-11-25] Manchester City vs Bayern Munich

Postby CaptainLahm21 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:23 pm

until the mistakes boa and alonso were the two best players on the pitch i have a good feeling this season in europe
KIMMICH! 
CaptainLahm21
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby Ottomeister13 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:28 pm

The thing is, now they wasted a lot of energy with 10 man and got nothing.. thats good for saturday...
Ottomeister13

Postby JANCKER » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:32 pm

We've won the league already so... :P
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:37 pm

JANCKER wrote:Image

You should have added Alonso and Boateng too :evil: I repeat I am so gutted... we fans don't deserve this...(shameful act)
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:43 pm

Alonso and Boateng kept us away from 'flooding'. Being sent off didn't make Boateng's and Alonso's job easier, you could clearly see Alonso couldn't make it anymore. It's Pep's fault for not taking him off, or maybe he didn't know who to take off first.
It's not the end of the world...
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby pyrasur » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:44 pm

The hard part is the team played so brilliantly, and THEN made not one, but two huge mistakes. At least we know we can completely handle allegedly good teams even a man down, but the team have to focus even when its easy. Not just when it's a challenge.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:44 pm

JANCKER wrote:Alonso and Boateng kept us away from 'flooding'. Being sent off didn't make Boateng's and Alonso's job easier, you could clearly see Alonso couldn't make it anymore. It's Pep's fault for not taking him off, or maybe he didn't know who to take off first.
It's not the end of the world...

because of the nice gifts to aguero :wink:
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby envagyokazapad » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:45 pm

What do you mean we fans don't deserve this?
They played their hearts out 10 vs 11 for 70 mins...they put two feet wrong and we got punished for it. They worked hard and did their best...that's the only thing you can ever ask for.
If a fan fails to see the effort the team put into this it's their fault.

I thought winning with 10 men from 1-0 down was impossible, but we still almost managed to do it.

The only thing I regret is we had to lose on a Boateng mistake. The guy was absolutely flawless throughout the entire game, he didn't deserve to walk off the pitch looking down.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby pyrasur » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:49 pm

It was an entertaining match at least :) The guys played their hearts out for sure, and they know what they have to do next time.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Kalev » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:59 pm

Don't know what to say exactly. We conceded the same amount goals in 90 minutes as we did it in Bundesliga with 12 games. And all of them were horrible defending errors. City even didn't have any ideas how to unluck our defence without 3 collapses. I'd be not that dissapointed if we had lost with 10 men and City being the rest 69 minute better side. It was nice to see how confident every player was. In some point players were even too confident in their passing and dribbling abilities. It was a bit weird at the end when Alonso and Boateng, who were involved in our attacks which ended up with a goal, gifted the opportunities to Aguero.

On the bright side this game didn't mean more than pride and I'm happy that those mistakes happend in this kind of game. Now we can only hope that those errors will not happen anymore.

Also it was very unusual to Pep that he cut his fingure with substitutions. Schweinsteiger should have played more defensive midfielder next to Alonso and Hojbjerg. Shaqiri's sub was pointless. Muller would have been more effective with his work rate.
Kalev
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby FCB general » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:03 am

This match was pointless. I mean...

Name: Xabier "Xabi" Alonso Olano

Born: November 25, 1981 (age 33), Tolosa, Spain

Why the hell he couldn't leave his gifts after the match... But NO! "I must give something to City and that will be one goal, however... One goal also against myself. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

City 3:2 FC Bayern Glückwunsch zum Geburtstag, Xabi! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We did it bad when we started, that red card and penalty... So much mistakes in the midfield and passing caused us trouble.

Then we had started to play better and scored 2 goals, almost controlled the game, but our combination, actions, passing, disgusting. It was somethin' like: "Pass behind the closest teammate". C'mon guys, don't act like idiots, play when you have had turned the result on our side. Then those last 10 minutes...

Our coach reminded me on Kruno Jurčić, former Dinamo coach who was just jumping around near the line, gesticulating with hands, shouting for big nothing and all of that was for big nothing. They didn't care about him despite he said how we need to win this match. :lol:

Xabi gave another present to Agüero, perfect, cold-blood strike behind Neuer and that was it. Then Boa after great performance also started to act like a jerk, prepared the third gift for Agüero and Bayern made the Argentine a match and hat-trick hero.

Jesus, we just beat ourselves! Why did we turned 1:0 to 1:2 to lose it. It's actually funny and weird, not tragic or for being angry, upset, etc. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler: show
Heeeeeey, it's my birthday! I don't give a fűck if we lose. Cheers to all of ya! :mrgreen: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Last edited by FCB general on Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:03 am

envagyokazapad wrote:What do you mean we fans don't deserve this?
They played their hearts out 10 vs 11 for 70 mins...they put two feet wrong and we got punished for it. They worked hard and did their best...that's the only thing you can ever ask for.
If a fan fails to see the effort the team put into this it's their fault.

I thought winning with 10 men from 1-0 down was impossible, but we still almost managed to do it.

The only thing I regret is we had to lose on a Boateng mistake. The guy was absolutely flawless throughout the entire game, he didn't deserve to walk off the pitch looking down.

I don't accept such unnecessary mistakes from players of the caliber of Xabi Alonso & Boateng ... Let me call them mistakes... and I stop here...
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:25 am

I think Xabi has been playing poorly for 2 or 3 games now. He's misplacing lots of short range passes and not making the good diagonal long range ones. I think Pep might be overusing him. Anyway... Yes, it was an irrelevant match, but the mistakes were inexcusable
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby JANCKER » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:10 am

Judging by some comments, we're as shit as we can get... Benatia, Boateng, Xabi, all shit? :?

Have you considered that we played with 10 men, and what might have lead to the two later mistakes has something to do with someone being sent off, is that completely irrelevant... How hard can it get when you play with 1 man less? I dare all of you to play 15 minutes in that pitch in a side with 15 men(making it more easier for amateurs like us) against 11, and see if you'd get tired maybe?
This isn't some amateur football, where 1 man less makes no difference, smaller details decide about the winner. I'll repeat it as much as you hate it, this is a great result for what it could've been considering that we were playing with 10 men.
And if it wasn't for those 'shit' of players you'd have found out then what is really like playing with 10 men.
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby runaway » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:29 am

Happy 33rd Birthday Alonso!
Too bad the game didn't end 3-3 or 3-4
Oh well, there's always next year.
Shit happens.

Bayern's first defeat of the season. These are great times as a Bayern fan, we almost forgot that there's always 3 possible outcomes for matches. You forgot the bitter taste of defeat and it tastes much more bitter after so long.

With a long list of injured players and Goetze and Mueller in the bench, Bayern didn't brought all their weapons. But the ones they brought are still lethal. The game started typical of Bayern, breaking down City easily and finding cracks and spaces. Early chance for Rode.

The group stages already secured in what was considered the group of death after the group stage draw. Bayern fans were enjoying themselves in Manchester. They drowned the Etihad and made it our home ground.
"you never know how strong you are… until being strong is the only choice you have. ― Cayla Mills

A weakened City, they attacked and harried Bayern without fear. Chipping that the Bavarian armor until they found a crack. And they did.

1.0 Benatia committed a naive foul in the box, giving City a chance to get ahead. Aguero score the penalty. Down to 10 men, Bayern just made the game harder for themselves.

City smelt blood and tried to attack more. Here's Lampard's , City's legend, long range shot from a Free kick sequence.

Typical of Bayern, even with 10 men down, they will still dominate possession. Bayern played their game and sooner or later, they found a way.

1-1. Foul on Lewandowski at the edge of the box. Dante shaking his booty and afro to distract Hart. Lo and behold, it worked. Alonso swung a low shot where Dante has been practicing his samba moves. :dante:

2-1. Lewandowski is consistently sandwiched and man-handled by City's center backs. Boateng again sends one of his lovely long balls and this time, the Polish rose head and shoulders above them and got the better of Hart.

Down to 10 men, up 2-1, the team dominating possession and chances on a game that matters little but for coefficient points... hmmm... let's crack open a beer in the locker room. \:D/ :coffee:

2nd half started in the same fashion for Bayern. With the midfield still controlled and the defense putting an astounding display. One almost forgets who is down to 10 men. City also increasingly becoming more physical with a few scuffles here and there.

Lesson for today: Banter can bite you in the ass. I was teasing early on in the chat that Shaqiri will come in ruin people's predictions. And... it did. Sometimes it hurts to be right. :twisted:

Jinx or the few beers they cracked open in the lockerroom, whatever it was, it went downhill after the 2nd half substitutes came in.

Lewa: Not me. Not me. **internal dialogue** "Why am I being subbed off for Shaqiri?"
Navas: (In Spanish) GTFO.
Lewa: But not me.
Ref: Yes you.
Navas: (In Spanish) GTFO.
Ref: It's you.
Lewa: But why me?
Ref: Why you asking me? Ask your manager.
Lewa: There?
Ref: Yes. There.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

2-2. The usually composed midfield maestro, who is celebrating his birthday, gifted Jovetic the ball out of the goodness of his heart. Lesson for kids, you gotta give back all the blessing you've been receiving. It's just good karma. :P

3-2. Is it Christmas already? Why all the gifts? :lol: Boateng, the most improved defender, who recently celebrated a milestone of 50 undefeated Bundesliga games, and City's former player practically passed the ball to Aguero.

You know it's a bad game when there are no #JustNeuerThings. :cry: It's been a long time since a player scored a hattrick against him... Give Aguero a Ballon D'Or! :wink:
Somebody hand Manu's teddy bear to poor Manu. Needz hugz. :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage

This was England's champions after all, despite a weakened team, they were still champions and they gave the Bavarian champions a worthwhile game. They had everything to gain and lose in this game while Bayern already got the job done.

Somebody will get a slap in the bum later. Good job Bernat!
ImageImage

There's hardly anything interesting for a Bayern fan but I'll leave you with #JustShaqiriThings.
Looking at Xabi: the fck dude, I'll get blamed for this.

It would have been great to remain undefeated but the lads fought hard, Hojbjerg played a full game, and there's still a next game. Keep your heads up lads, save the tears for the moments that matter.

The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places. – Ernest Hemingway
Last edited by runaway on Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:32 pm, edited 12 times in total.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League