You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-11-25] Manchester City vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.
 

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:45 pm

Manchester City will win
1
5%
It will end in a draw
4
18%
Bayern Munich will win
17
77%
 
Total votes : 22

Re: [2014-11-25] Manchester City vs Bayern Munich

Postby JANCKER » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:56 pm

Yeah, and you're forgetting that they're BPL champions, and our team is decimated by injuries. We were close though, winning the BPL champions with 10 men.
We lost meaningless games even in our treble year.

The only thing that is worrying me is Benatia, in the K.O. stage he can't go like this...

It was probably their most important game of the season and to us it was like our most meaningless, watch the lineup and you'll see.
Last edited by JANCKER on Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.........................................Image.........................................
User avatar
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 17557
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:03 am
Location: 710 miles SE from Allianz Arena
National Flag:
Basque Country
Has thanked: 9153 times
Been thanked: 8455 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2014-11-25] Manchester City vs Bayern Munich

Postby pyrasur » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:00 pm

Zer0 Bayern wrote:It was a matter of time. So many back passes for nothing. Even with 10 men at 1st half we were amazing, but we refused to attack in the 2nd period and that's what happens.
Worst defensive display I remember watching Bayern. These guys make Van Buyten and Demichelis look like Baresi and Maldini.


In the end yes. But throughout the game Dante and Boateng were as solid as I have every seen them. Both of them were composed and reading the game beautifully. I think Jancker might be right fatigue may have played a part in the end. And in the end City have Aguero who will take the chances from those mistakes. Perfectionist in Pep won't let this go, goes to show you can get something 99% right but when the individuals drops packs at the last 1% it costs big even when the rest of the team is doing their job.

Shame the result covers up what I thought were some outstanding performances by many on the team: Rafinha was excellent, Hojbjerg playing beyond his years and Lewa coming up and fighting big time for us. Missed others probably but those guys usually don't get much credit.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
User avatar
pyrasur
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3977
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:05 am
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 2296 times
Been thanked: 1854 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: [2014-11-25] Manchester City vs Bayern Munich

Postby Rauntšik » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:00 pm

I would have subbed off Hojberg (eventhough he had a decent game all-in-all) and subbed on Müller/Götze in the final stages, just to add something to our attack.
"Normally Monsieur Candie, I would say "auf wiedersehen". But since what "auf wiedersehen" actually means is, till I see you again, and since I never wish to see you again to you sir, I say, goodbye."
User avatar
Rauntšik
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1254
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 1:29 pm
National Flag:
Estonia
Has thanked: 65 times
Been thanked: 365 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2014-11-25] Manchester City vs Bayern Munich

Postby Ottomeister13 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:06 pm

JANCKER wrote:Yeah, and you're forgetting that they're BPL champions, and our team is decimated by injuries. We were close though, winning the BPL champions with 10 men.
We lost meaningless games even in our treble year.

The only thing that is worrying me is Benatia, in the K.O. stage he can't go like this...

It was probably their most important game of the season and to us it was like our most meaningless, watch the lineup and you'll see.


It doesnt matter.. BECAUSE they are BPL champs doesnt make them an oh so great team, because internationally they just suck. Every game is meaningfull, just watch what happened as soon as we won the league last year. Cant have this focus dump.
Ottomeister13

 

Re: [2014-11-25] Manchester City vs Bayern Munich

Postby Dalv » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:08 pm

what a **** up way to throw the game away with 2 mistakes like that. nevertheless I dont think city will beat roma
btw benatia wont play 1st leg in final 16
User avatar
Dalv
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:57 am
Location: Romania
Has thanked: 63 times
Been thanked: 105 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2014-11-25] Manchester City vs Bayern Munich

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:09 pm

WTF was that?:evil:
A Godfather episode?!?!
3 useless "mistakes"...
But we are used to it Roma 2010/11
Man C last year... I am gutted we could have finished them off. While we are at it I d like us to lose to cska.

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 26515
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 21836 times
Been thanked: 6121 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2014-11-25] Manchester City vs Bayern Munich

Postby CaptainLahm21 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:10 pm

Ottomeister13 wrote:
JANCKER wrote:Yeah, and you're forgetting that they're BPL champions, and our team is decimated by injuries. We were close though, winning the BPL champions with 10 men.
We lost meaningless games even in our treble year.

The only thing that is worrying me is Benatia, in the K.O. stage he can't go like this...

It was probably their most important game of the season and to us it was like our most meaningless, watch the lineup and you'll see.


It doesnt matter.. BECAUSE they are BPL champs doesnt make them an oh so great team, because internationally they just suck. Every game is meaningfull, just watch what happened as soon as we won the league last year. Cant have this focus dump.


In 2013 the arsenal home game and bate game as well and to a esser extent valencia away were all shocking performances tonight was circumstances we shouldnt be in in the future with lots of injuries in a dead rubber game. It took us to beat ourselves city couldnt hurt the defence
KIMMICH! 
User avatar
CaptainLahm21
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 402
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:32 pm
National Flag:
England
Has thanked: 95 times
Been thanked: 116 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2014-11-25] Manchester City vs Bayern Munich

Postby JANCKER » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:13 pm

Why they suck internationally? Because they have to play against Bayern every time...

But have we won all our games when we won the treble? I remember BATE BORISOV winning more comfortably against Bayern... So please before we jump in such conclusions... This is not new to Bayern, we can't do better than this, and I don't know if we ever did.

I wanted City to taste a 7up too, but let's be more real...

You're completely ignoring that we played from the 21st minute with 10 men, and it has its effects. And you should be happy we didn't taste a 7up ourselves.
.........................................Image.........................................
User avatar
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 17557
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:03 am
Location: 710 miles SE from Allianz Arena
National Flag:
Basque Country
Has thanked: 9153 times
Been thanked: 8455 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2014-11-25] Manchester City vs Bayern Munich

Postby theundead » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:14 pm

I am not angry, maybe a bit disappointed with the end result but not angry with the players at all. They put in a tremendous fight. Playing against 1 extra man for 70 minutes and leading for 40 odd minutes against a decent team is not bad, not bad at all. Sure I would have preferred a win or a draw but our players are human after all. They did fight the pressure very well till the 85th minute. I don't think they would have lost the focus if it was a more crucial game.

For me, it was a brilliant brilliant fight from 10 men against 11.
User avatar
theundead
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 873
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:46 pm
Location: Lahore, Pakistan
National Flag:
Pakistan
Has thanked: 511 times
Been thanked: 406 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2014-11-25] Manchester City vs Bayern Munich

Postby MoFattal » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:17 pm

On the bright side, it's good that these errors happened now rather than later in the competition. Now we can safely assume that Alonso and Boateng won't do the same again, especially with Pep on board.
User avatar
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 11040
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:48 am
National Flag:
Lebanon
Has thanked: 2495 times
Been thanked: 2314 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2014-11-25] Manchester City vs Bayern Munich

Postby Ottomeister13 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:17 pm

JANCKER wrote:Why they suck internationally? Because they have to play against Bayern every time...

But have we won all our games when we won the treble? I remember BATE BORISOV winning more comfortably against Bayern... So please before we jump in such conclusions... This is not new to Bayern, we can't do better than this, and I don't know if we ever did.

I wanted City to taste a 7up too, but let's be more real...

You're completely ignoring that we played from the 21st minute with 10 men, and it has its effects. And you should be happy we didn't taste a 7up ourselves.


You are kidding right? Man City sucked in al 4 of their CL campaigns.. 3 times out in the group stage probably... And that with their sugardaddy and trillions spent... And they do not only face Bayern, they have 4 other games in the group aswell..
Ottomeister13

 

Re: [2014-11-25] Manchester City vs Bayern Munich

Postby JANCKER » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:19 pm

Boateng was MOTM despite all, not kidding.

Hojbjerg did a good job also, he has a strong physique and used it often with success tonight.
.........................................Image.........................................
User avatar
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 17557
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:03 am
Location: 710 miles SE from Allianz Arena
National Flag:
Basque Country
Has thanked: 9153 times
Been thanked: 8455 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2014-11-25] Manchester City vs Bayern Munich

Postby nm462272 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:19 pm

I think we can be proud of that performance - it was just three mistakes that lost it for us. It was a meaningless game, and for them it meant staying in the competition.

Benatia - really stupid mistake, but those happen sometimes. I would much rather it happen during a meaningless game than in a knockout round match.

Alonso & Boateng - misplayed balls that Aguero took advantage of

Rode - feel terrible for him that he was taken out. He was playing really well - he HAS to get more playing time after what he's been showing.

I remember the BATE Borisov game and I was actually at the 2-0 Arsenal loss, and both of those were worse losses than this.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
User avatar
nm462272
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2851
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:54 am
Location: München/Atlanta/New York City
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 2678 times
Been thanked: 1221 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2014-11-25] Manchester City vs Bayern Munich

Postby JANCKER » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:21 pm

Ottomeister13 wrote:
JANCKER wrote:Why they suck internationally? Because they have to play against Bayern every time...

But have we won all our games when we won the treble? I remember BATE BORISOV winning more comfortably against Bayern... So please before we jump in such conclusions... This is not new to Bayern, we can't do better than this, and I don't know if we ever did.

I wanted City to taste a 7up too, but let's be more real...

You're completely ignoring that we played from the 21st minute with 10 men, and it has its effects. And you should be happy we didn't taste a 7up ourselves.


You are kidding right? Man City sucked in al 4 of their CL campaigns.. 3 times out in the group stage probably... And that with their sugardaddy and trillions spent... And they do not only face Bayern, they have 4 other games in the group aswell..


And one is automatically taken by Bayern, so they have to fight with all the rest for the 2nd. :P I know they keep sucking in Europe because of BAYERN.
Last edited by JANCKER on Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.........................................Image.........................................
User avatar
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 17557
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:03 am
Location: 710 miles SE from Allianz Arena
National Flag:
Basque Country
Has thanked: 9153 times
Been thanked: 8455 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2014-11-25] Manchester City vs Bayern Munich

Postby maxwell1295 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:22 pm

I feel like Schweini should have come in for Alonso. Xabi looked a bit worn down when he made that pass and had given the ball away twice right before that. I'm going to assume that playing 1 man down caused him to be fatigued earlier than he normally would. Boateng's mistake could probably be attributed to fatigue as well. It sucks that they gave it their all for 85 mins only to have it fall apart late.
User avatar
maxwell1295
Woah, this feels cool!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 3:35 am
Location: NYC
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 222 times
Been thanked: 28 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests