You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2013-10-02] Manchester City vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:45 pm

Manchester City will win
4%
It will end in a draw
19%
Bayern Munich will win
77%

Total votes : 26

Re: [2013-10-02] Manchester City vs Bayern Munich

Postby Mia san Bayern » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:27 pm

Borusse wrote:Dortmund managed to get four, its really not that hard.

Man City isn't as good as Dortmund.
Here (at his club of six years Bayern Munich) it is always good, here I am happy and here it's fun. That is more important for me than the national team.
-Franck Ribery-
Mia san Bayern
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Albania

Postby rey3z » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:28 pm

AdepT wrote:Yeah, form from the start of the season. I have watched their games against LFC, Swans and Chelsea. 4 games and I can tell you they are a team coming down to their potential. They overachieved with Fergie last year and now are in tatters. They have not scored from open play for over 450 mins. Everton will beat them home and may be even away. You'll see.

As for 4 players, you've got to be kidding me. You're underestimating our own players. Only RvP has a chance. :|
If it had been so as you were saying then Moyes wouldn't have been whining about 4-5 world class players. He said that Bayern, Barca and RM have 4-5 WC players required to win CL which they don't. It's odd how he only sees the front line. :lol:
And he's said today that progress to Rof16 is not guaranteed. :lol:
You can look it up.

As for you being biased towards MU, it's odd and fine. I can only wonder how. Get ready as questions will be asked of you for doing such a crime. :P
Biased towards MU being a Bayern fan. #-o

Haha. I have no issues with you abusing united all you want. I just have too many united fans in my friends and family and as I don't find them a threat at all so I don't hate them. That's all :)

And wouldn't you want to add Vidic too? I feel Martinez was better at midfield with Bastian.

FCB is where my heart is <3
rey3z
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby Borusse » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:29 pm

So they'll score three. :mrgreen:

Naah, just messing with you. But I think City are more than capable of scoring two goals even against Bayern with good form.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

National Flag:
Poland

Postby runaway » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:35 pm

Borusse wrote:Dortmund managed to get four, its really not that hard. 8)

I was about to make a snarky comment but I think you said it better yourself. :P

Borusse wrote:Yes, thats very relevant when we're talking about Bayern. :| You guys need to unlearn of making snarky comments about my team when we're discussing your team. That's just silly behaviour. :wink:
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Mia san Bayern » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:38 pm

Well we'll see what City will do in two days but first Dortmund must get their shit together against Marseille so you have enough to worry about.
Here (at his club of six years Bayern Munich) it is always good, here I am happy and here it's fun. That is more important for me than the national team.
-Franck Ribery-
Mia san Bayern
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Albania

Postby Borusse » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:40 pm

You really dont seem to get what's my points there runaway. The discussion was about how many goals can Bayern concede in a game against City. I brought up Dortmund to show you can concede fair amount of goals against strong rivals. I could have brought up Chelsea for all you care but Dortmund scored more against so I picked them. :wink: Besides I meant it as a joke. And when I talk Bayern people get defensive and start attacking my team so I wouldnt treat it the same. --> Just read the post above mine, perfect example. :wink:
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby AdepT » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:46 pm

rey3z wrote:And wouldn't you want to add Vidic too?
FCB is where my heart is <3

Vidic is good but if his own manager doesn't think his team even have 4-5 WC players, who am I to argue. :wink:

I love it when ManU lose. And then I rub it into my MU-supporter friends as salt into a wound. The pleasure I get from that. =P~

I don't doubt your loyalties. :)
Mia san mia!
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby runaway » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:52 pm

Borusse wrote:You really dont seem to get what's my points there runaway. The discussion was about how many goals can Bayern concede in a game against City. I brought up Dortmund to show you can concede fair amount of goals against strong rivals. I could have brought up Chelsea for all you care but Dortmund scored more against so I picked them. :wink: Besides I meant it as a joke. And when I talk Bayern people get defensive and start attacking my team so I wouldnt treat it the same. --> Just read the post above mine, perfect example. :wink:

I know what you meant in my qouted texts. Like you, I meant it as a joke. Of course people here will be defensive if someone says something about the team we are passionate in just like you also defend Dortmund. This is a Bayern forum my friend, people here will be passionate about Bayern. Quid pro quo. :wink:
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:52 pm

ballackfcb wrote:
rey3z wrote:I follow English football as well and only MU would have a chance against us. MC are a team of frauds and have no unity on the pitch.

No English team would have a chance against FC Bayern. :pep:

Firefox1234 wrote:I love it when Bayern is crushing top English teams so the media can stop overrating them :twisted:

Mia san Bayern wrote:
Jorge wrote: they can easily hit 3 or 4 against Bayern (on their day)

Wait what!?! :shock: . Maybe in a parallel universe.

I can't believe the arrogance I'm reading. Just a few years ago, we used to be pissed off at supporters of stronger opponents for this kind of arrogance, and now we're showing it ourselves? We are the European champions, but that doesn't mean we have a right to belittle our opponents at every chance. Manchester City are very strong opponents, who have invested far more money than Bayern in recent years and are certainly no pushovers. They don't have the European pedigree yet, but only because they didn't have enough experience. They're getting better in this aspect.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Mia san Bayern » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:56 pm

Borusse wrote:Just read the post above mine, perfect example.

Do not take that post seriously. I mean it's not like you have never involved Bayern when talking about Dortmund.
-Franck Ribery-
Mia san Bayern
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Albania

Postby Borusse » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:00 pm

I guess so.

Lets just leave it. :P
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:02 pm

When you play top teams you cant afford to be careless and im sure Pep and the Bayern players know that very well, teams like Wolfsburg and Hannover dont have much firepower to finish the chances that may be given to them but a team like Man City does. The only way i see Bayern not winning this game is if Bayern play sloppy like when Negredo scored on them in the Audi Cup or they defend like the(should have been offside)goal Hazard scored in the UEFA Super Cup. But with Bayern's current form I dont see that happening
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby OhioFan » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:08 pm

MUTU wrote:
ballackfcb wrote:
rey3z wrote:I follow English football as well and only MU would have a chance against us. MC are a team of frauds and have no unity on the pitch.

No English team would have a chance against FC Bayern. :pep:

Firefox1234 wrote:I love it when Bayern is crushing top English teams so the media can stop overrating them :twisted:

Mia san Bayern wrote:
Jorge wrote: they can easily hit 3 or 4 against Bayern (on their day)

Wait what!?! :shock: . Maybe in a parallel universe.

I can't believe the arrogance I'm reading. Just a few years ago, we used to be pissed off at supporters of stronger opponents for this kind of arrogance, and now we're showing it ourselves? We are the European champions, but that doesn't mean we have a right to belittle our opponents at every chance. Manchester City are very strong opponents, who have invested far more money than Bayern in recent years and are certainly no pushovers. They don't have the European pedigree yet, but only because they didn't have enough experience. They're getting better in this aspect.

Can we belittle Borusse?
Götterdämmerung
OhioFan
2015/16 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby lau03143 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:17 pm

When Man City hit their stride they will be a match for anyone, especially for us trying to get used to a new system.

It's going to be an incredibly hard game. One via. I'm looking forward to.

The Südkurve are meeting in Piccadilly Gardens tomorrow afternoon then marching to the stadium. That's where I'm picking up my ticket, so will try to get a few decent photographs to share here on Thursday.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby runaway » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:22 pm

Interesting analysis of City's tactics in the Villa game from the few B/R writers I actually believe they know what they're talking about. Pellegrini is also a brilliant tactician I'm sure we all remember how Malaga played against BVB last year.

I think we need Martinez for this game. City's midfield with Toure will be very physical and we'll need Schweinstiger not be too burdened with defensive responsibilities. City play on the wings and starts their counters from there for a cross so we need our best fullbacks.
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League