You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2013-10-02] Manchester City vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:45 pm

Manchester City will win
4%
It will end in a draw
19%
Bayern Munich will win
77%

Total votes : 26

Re: [2013-10-02] Manchester City vs Bayern Munich

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:10 pm

Total Football wrote:because a club cant bemaintained without money.

every club was financed by a rich person(s) at some point.

It was a different time. Money was not such a big factor in football in 1900. I don't think a rich person was needed, although admittedly I am not sure.

Does anyone have enough information to write a blog article about the beginning of Bayern? I'd be more than happy to do it myself if anyone can point me in the right direction for reliable and accurate information. :)
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Total Football » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:16 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:

It was a different time. Money was not such a big factor in football in 1900. I don't think a rich person was needed, although admittedly I am not sure.

Does anyone have enough information to write a blog article about the beginning of Bayern? I'd be more than happy to do it myself if anyone can point me in the right direction for reliable and accurate information. :)

there wasn't *much* money involved because clubs did not generate a lot of money . but money was involved, players, staff don't work for free. land and buildings must be rented or purchased. Every business in the world takes interest based loans OR is financed by some rich guy (s). i don't see what the problem is.

manchester city don't even spend a crazy amount on players anymore. that was a few seasons ago. last year they spent NET £30 million and this year it was NET £55 million. I don't think there's anything wrong with spending that kind of money when you are one of the top european clubs in terms of revenue. we sometimes think of Man City of a club with low earnings. in reality, they earn a lot more than the likes of Borussia Dortmund, Juventus, AC Milan , Liverpool, Napoli etc.
Total Football

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:13 pm

Total Football wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:

there wasn't *much* money involved because clubs did not generate a lot of money . but money was involved, players, staff don't work for free. land and buildings must be rented or purchased. Every business in the world takes interest based loans OR is financed by some rich guy (s). i don't see what the problem is.

manchester city don't even spend a crazy amount on players anymore. that was a few seasons ago. last year they spent NET £30 million and this year it was NET £55 million. I don't think there's anything wrong with spending that kind of money when you are one of the top european clubs in terms of revenue. we sometimes think of Man City of a club with low earnings. in reality, they earn a lot more than the likes of Borussia Dortmund, Juventus, AC Milan , Liverpool, Napoli etc.

We are not talking about the last two years they splashed cash, we are talking about in the beginning when Ethiad owners took over. When Man C were all of a sudden able to get a huge influx of cash over around over 200m without a revenue stream that would ever come close to match it is why its unfair. Why should Man C be allowed to the proverbial lottery when clubs like Doncaster Rovers or Portsmouth have to languish in mediocrity? Why should Dortmund have to work their ass of from bankruptcy and work extensively to find cheap football talent and eventually reach success to allow them to generate a healthy revenue stream that allows them to compete with the best in Europe, when Man C can just knock on their owners door for a 100m transfer kit without having to have generated any previous revenue? Thanks to the money the Man C and Chelsea owners have put into the clubs out of their own pockets, has allowed the club to become popular which created a healthy revenue stream where they dont necessarily need their owners to completely fund them like when they were still the mid table to relegation sides. The fact that those clubs have the earnings they have was because they got a boat load of funding that is what is seen as unfair.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby tflags » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:23 pm

Total Football wrote:manchester city don't even spend a crazy amount on players anymore.

:lol: :lol: :lol: . Dude, get lost.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Total Football » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:32 pm

tflags wrote:
Total Football wrote:manchester city don't even spend a crazy amount on players anymore.

:lol: :lol: :lol: . Dude, get lost.

do you have to link to the daily hail to prove a point ? why can't you put a few sentences together and make a coherent argument ?
Total Football

Postby Total Football » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:39 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:We are not talking about the last two years they splashed cash, we are talking about in the beginning when Ethiad owners took over. When Man C were all of a sudden able to get a huge influx of cash over around over 200m without a revenue stream that would ever come close to match it is why its unfair. Why should Man C be allowed to the proverbial lottery when clubs like Doncaster Rovers or Portsmouth have to languish in mediocrity? Why should Dortmund have to work their ass of from bankruptcy and work extensively to find cheap football talent and eventually reach success to allow them to generate a healthy revenue stream that allows them to compete with the best in Europe, when Man C can just knock on their owners door for a 100m transfer kit without having to have generated any previous revenue? Thanks to the money the Man C and Chelsea owners have put into the clubs out of their own pockets, has allowed the club to become popular which created a healthy revenue stream where they dont necessarily need their owners to completely fund them like when they were still the mid table to relegation sides. The fact that those clubs have the earnings they have was because they got a boat load of funding that is what is seen as unfair.

because Man City had the potential to grow as a club. Whereas Doncaster and Portsmouth have absolutley no chance to significantly increase their fanbase and revenue even if £1 billion was invested.

at the end of the day everyone has an opinion, you might think that its unfair that a club gets money from investors. i think it is unfair that average clubs have no chance to win back to back titles because the minute an average club assembles a decent team together, the big clubs come in buy the star players.
Total Football

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:45 pm

Total Football wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:We are not talking about the last two years they splashed cash, we are talking about in the beginning when Ethiad owners took over. When Man C were all of a sudden able to get a huge influx of cash over around over 200m without a revenue stream that would ever come close to match it is why its unfair. Why should Man C be allowed to the proverbial lottery when clubs like Doncaster Rovers or Portsmouth have to languish in mediocrity? Why should Dortmund have to work their ass of from bankruptcy and work extensively to find cheap football talent and eventually reach success to allow them to generate a healthy revenue stream that allows them to compete with the best in Europe, when Man C can just knock on their owners door for a 100m transfer kit without having to have generated any previous revenue? Thanks to the money the Man C and Chelsea owners have put into the clubs out of their own pockets, has allowed the club to become popular which created a healthy revenue stream where they dont necessarily need their owners to completely fund them like when they were still the mid table to relegation sides. The fact that those clubs have the earnings they have was because they got a boat load of funding that is what is seen as unfair.

because Man City had the potential to grow as a club. Whereas Doncaster and Portsmouth have absolutley no chance to significantly increase their fanbase and revenue even if £1 billion was invested.

at the end of the day everyone has an opinion, you might think that its unfair that a club gets money from investors. i think it is unfair that average clubs have no chance to win back to back titles because the minute an average club assembles a decent team together, the big clubs come in buy the star players.

I agree it doesnt work in all cases just like QPR but i understand European football lacks parity but as long as cases like BvB exist shows you dont need a rich benefactor for success....

Edit: To be honest i hate this topic, could care less how much those clubs spend cause in the end of the day Bayern Munich are the best :mrgreen: Lets just talk about football on the ptich i would definitely like to hear what your views on that are :P
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby BayernLove » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:17 pm

Must I really remind you people again?

Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Total Football » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:13 pm

Borusse wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:
Borusse wrote:I would forgive Bayern this lack of focus. Great display for most of the games and fully deserved win. Now Leverkusen, final test. :P

Wow, too many tests and we are still in early October

As Mo said, our first 80 minutes were awesome. They looked like a bunch of amateur players who didn't know what to do :lol: And we didn't even need Martinez to own their midfield with the likes of Yaya Toure or Fernandinho

It makes me think City were just bad. You were great, thats true, but City helped you look great. Thats why I need this final test in Leverkusen. If you dominate them like you dominated City I will have no more doubts about Bayern and their strengh.

well, well, well.
Total Football

Postby Borusse » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:29 pm

They did dominate Leverkusen if thats what you mean. Just didnt manage to score goals which they would probably score on any other day.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Total Football » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:29 pm

Borusse wrote:They did dominate Leverkusen if thats what you mean. Just didnt manage to score goals which they would probably score on any other day.

"dominating" in midfield doesn't win you games does it ? its goal that win you games and bayern munich seem to be struggling to make things happen in that final third.
Total Football

Postby DerKaiser » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:43 pm

so scoring 3 goals at man city is struggling #-o
Statistics are like miniskirts . What they reveal is tantalizing, but what they hide is crucial.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby AvatarX » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:53 pm

If not anything else I must admit I am a bit curious of the courage someone should have to come here and argue after his team showed such a Shity performance in their own turf. Or was it the great performance of our team? The endless chicken and egg question....

Anyway it doesn't REALLY matter IMO cause regardless of the egg and the chicken and who made whom, we really made them look like a second division team. If anyone didn't see that he must watch the game again.

And for this City -obviously- fan I have only one wish: That we'll get his "beloved" ManU in knockout rounds where he will be in for a treat.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby Total Football » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:08 pm

AvatarX wrote:If not anything else I must admit I am a bit curious of the courage someone should have to come here and argue after his team showed such a Shity performance in their own turf. Or was it the great performance of our team? The endless chicken and egg question....

Anyway it doesn't REALLY matter IMO cause regardless of the egg and the chicken and who made whom, we really made them look like a second division team. If anyone didn't see that he must watch the game again.

And for this City -obviously- fan I have only one wish: That we'll get his "beloved" ManU in knockout rounds where he will be in for a treat.

i thinnk you need to read my posts, AvatarX. i've said many times that i'm not a city supporter.
Total Football

Postby Total Football » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:11 pm

DerKaiser wrote:so scoring 3 goals at man city is struggling #-o

scoring against a goal keeper who is having the worst time of his career isn't exactly impressive.

i hate what is happening with bayern munich. guardiola is turning it into another barcelona. he has destroyed the identity of bayern munich. last years team was so much better.
Total Football

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League