You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-04-01] Man Utd vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:45 pm

Manchester United will win
6%
It will end in a draw
8%
Bayern Munich will win
87%

Total votes : 53

Re: [2014-04-01] Man Utd vs Bayern Munich

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:04 am

ramsej84 wrote:However at times West Ham were all over them pushing United in their own 6 yard box, winning corners etc...

Yes but it was all in vain. I mean West Ham had like 12 corners and crossed a gazillion times and they barely won any headers. United are strong in the air. I think Mandzukic will struggle. What I am worried about is defending corners against them. :?
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Ruht » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:06 am

prasun77 wrote:united will be missing rvp,mata and evra(for 1st leg) ....buttner vs. robben on the right..... =P~ =P~

I'm not sure if Buttner will start. They might move Valencia to a full-back position in my opinion but I really can't tell.

That being said, van Persie's injury might be a blessing in disguise for them. They looked a lot better with Rooney-Mata-Kagawa yesterday, unfortunately for them Mata can't play in the CL.
Ruht
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Bomber_der_Nation » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:50 am

Very beckhamesque goal

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Early goal for United

EDIT: And what a goal it was!

Bomber_der_Nation
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:37 am

MaCk0y wrote:I think Rooney fouled the West Ham defender. Rooney nudged him when he was in the air to head the ball.

Possibly. Either way, it's a goal which Rooney will never repeat in his career, let alone against Bayern. The second goal was avoidable. The defender passed the ball to Rooney after a bad cross.

Admittedly I did not watch the whole game, but from highlights it doesn't look like Bayern should be worrying, despite our below average performance yesterday.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:49 am

MaCk0y wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:However at times West Ham were all over them pushing United in their own 6 yard box, winning corners etc...

Yes but it was all in vain. I mean West Ham had like 12 corners and crossed a gazillion times and they barely won any headers. United are strong in the air. I think Mandzukic will struggle. What I am worried about is defending corners against them. :?

So one more point for van Buyten to start against United, or?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:51 pm

MUTU wrote:
MaCk0y wrote:

So one more point for van Buyten to start against United, or?

Only if Dvb plays as a CF. :P He is good at heading from corners and set pieces when Bayern are attacking but not when defending IMO. His positioning can be doubtful at times.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MatZam » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:19 pm

Like most of the other sane, football-following people in this world, I expect us to beat Manchester United comfortably. The biggest problem I see is not their squad, but our arrogance. Even with Moyes and this season's struggles, United deserves a measure of respect, if only for the fact that a number of their players are seasoned veterans in this competition. The players would do well to believe what they've said and treat United as a challenge rather than as a foregone conclusion. Approaching this game with complacency and a sense of 'it's a free ticket to the semis' probably won't cost us the tie, but will probably make things much harder for us and will probably lead to a lower scoreline than we could get under normal circumstances.

While I still respect United as a club and what they achieved, if we want to be widely regarded as the best team in the world we've got to defeat the other big names in this sport, and do it by a good margin. Last year we were regarded as the best team probably more because we beat Barcelona 7-0 on aggregate than because we actually won the Champions League. United are one of the most famous worldwide brands, and (though I dislike talking like this), defeating them handsomely would result in more 'fans' switching their allegiance to Bayern, buying shirts and other items and thus boosting the club's revenue.

Personally I would feel slightly disappointed if we didn't beat United by at least a 2 to 3 goal margin (and I'm being conservative here). A narrow 2-1 victory over both legs would probably be seen as more of a United triumph than a Bayern one (how times change!).

If I was Moyes I would study Mainz's gameplan, namely crowding the midfield, counterattacking and using high balls over our defence (neither Martinez nor van Buyten are fast, Boateng is going to have to carry the main weight of the defence if this scenario unfolds). I would use a front four of Rooney as striker, Kagawa behind him and Welbeck and Valencia on the left and right wings respectively. I would also take a close look at our gameplan against Barca last year, though certain aspects of it (such as making use of height) they will find harder to use against us.

On the other hand, I would expect our attack and midfield to be Mandzukic as striker, with Robbery on the wings (with special instructions to target their left flank since Evra is absent). The middle 2 (assuming a 4-1-4-1) would be Thiago and Kroos (just to show what United could have had in the summer and in January :P ). Schweinsteiger as defensive mid. Goetze and Mueller can easily be used as well though.
MatZam
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:05 am

shame the game Man U v Man C is also tonight... I believe that our scouts will be busy watching this game. The Manchester derby can be a good indicator of how they will approach our game. And also the result might influence their (MU's) confidence...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:16 am

this is the section to be closed [source]
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MatZam » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:03 am

ramsej84 wrote:

From what I read that is about 700 seats.
MatZam
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:58 am

What proof is there that they were Bayern fans at all? Maybe they were like Spurs fans siding against their Arsenal rivals.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Bayernbazi » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:02 pm

Why did UEFA wait until the teams were drawn before imposing the penalty ? Is this usual or are they they trying to give Man U a push or what ? As far as I remember for such stupid actions the club is asked to pay a fine immediately and that's it.

At least from the area affected I don't think that it will affect the vociferous supporters from the curve.
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:07 pm

MatZam wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:

From what I read that is about 700 seats.

Yeah, like I said it can't be more than 1,000 seats, so the amount is almost insignificant. I haven't been able to find an exact amount of seats though.

It's important to note it's a category 1 box. It's not an area where the supporters who create a great atmosphere usually sit.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby theundead » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:18 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:It's important to note it's a category 1 box. It's not an area where the supporters who create a great atmosphere usually sit.

It is still a lot of unwanted bad publicity for the club; cameras will show the empty seats and commentators will mention the closure of sector. And that we do not need considering the Hoeness trial and all.
theundead
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Pakistan

Postby sobuj » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:20 pm

From redcafe :lol:
Worst of the possible draw tbh

Not only will we get spanked over the two legs

It will probably put Kroos off a summer move when he sees the shit he could end up playing with!

One positive, it will be funny as f**k too see Moyes up against Pep
sobuj
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League