You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-04-01] Man Utd vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:45 pm

Manchester United will win
6%
It will end in a draw
8%
Bayern Munich will win
87%

Total votes : 53

Re: [2014-04-01] Man Utd vs Bayern Munich

Postby MaCk0y » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:38 pm

FCB General what do you think the conversation between Mandzukic and Vidic was after they clashed with each other ? Mandzukic has a habit of continuously speaking with the opponent even after the referee intervenes. He has a habit of pointing his finger, keeps talking and going near the opponent. This could cost him.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby rthebest » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:55 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I agree that there is no reason to panic though. We are likely to qualify for the next round.

I cannot agree more. We have a away goal advantage so we will most likely go through. Please stop the negative vibe.
rthebest
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby Der Bomber » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:28 pm

Bayern played their worst possible game on a wet pitch & still came out with an away goal advantage. Shitty game by any standards for Bayern & epic game if you're a Man U fan but it's as good as it gets for them while Bayern can do way way way better than this! Next time in Munich with a dry pitch & the fans on their side & Man U in the obligation to attack, it'll be a way different game! Also, we will have our 2 starter CB playing which will more or less even out the playing field in terms of aerial game even though the presence of Javi will hurt that aspect also! I am very confident about Bayern going through!
Der Bomber
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Canada

Postby tflags » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:29 pm

MUTU wrote:- Regarding cleats... one looks at the weather and judges the best type for the surface. You could see that there were more Bayern players slipping than Man Utd ones, probably because they'd been advised about the watering and chose cleats more adequate for wet surfaces. What did you expect the Bayern players do when they were on the pitch, go one by one to the sidelines to change shoes? They probably changed them at half time, or maybe not because by that time the situation had started getting better.

At the end of the day, this is not an excuse, because you know, it could just have been raining which would have rendered all of this argument mute (except for the choice of cleats). Nonetheless, it was a dirty trick in my books.

But you are really not making any sense. You don't dampen the box on purpose. I am not saying it wasn't wet. I am quite sure it was. I am just saying depending on each city's climate patterns you water the pitch accordingly and it is done AT NIGHT mostly. If you want to have an advantage and go for the aerials, you might try and water mostly the midfield and even then it is really a double edge sword.

Listen, teams are prepared for everything from food poisoning to wind blowing factors before matches. Wet pitches is so cliche tbh. I mean Ribery almost scored after Vidic slipped on his won box for crying out loud.

And about the cleats, I don't know if you play football regularly but you go on before matches, inspect the turn, and put the shoes you need. It is quite simple. I mean, it takes five seconds to recognize the pitch. Let us just leave this discussion at the urban-legend level.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby CaptainLahm21 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:40 pm

1-1 away is a good result i think the performance is why people are annoyed we could of nicked 2-1 with a late goal and i think people would still be entitled to be frustrated how slow they were for long spells. With that being said i expect next week for robben and ribery to run at rafael and evra a lot more than they did buttner and jones. If the wingers get at those two i dont see anything other than a bayern win.
KIMMICH! 
CaptainLahm21
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
England

Postby MUTU » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:42 pm

tflags wrote:But you are really not making any sense. You don't dampen the box on purpose. I am not saying it wasn't wet. I am quite sure it was. I am just saying depending on each city's climate patterns you water the pitch accordingly and it is done AT NIGHT mostly. If you want to have an advantage and go for the aerials, you might try and water mostly the midfield and even then it is really a double edge sword.

Really? Barcelona management and players have publicly complained and cried foul when it was done to them. Wet grass slows down running (helps teams which are worried about faster opponents), and also balls rolling on the grass (which Bayern under Guardiola seem particularly fond of). The result is that players would have to cross aiming for heads. Man Utd crowded their defence with taller players than Bayern and thus won the big majority of aerial challenges. I'm not saying it was an absolute gamechanger, but it was definitely a factor giving an advantage to Manchester United.

PS: good point about the cleats.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:45 pm

CaptainLahm21 wrote:1-1 away is a good result i think the performance is why people are annoyed we could of nicked 2-1 with a late goal and i think people would still be entitled to be frustrated how slow they were for long spells. With that being said i expect next week for robben and ribery to run at rafael and evra a lot more than they did buttner and jones. If the wingers get at those two i dont see anything other than a bayern win.

Yes, the Bayern players were taking around 5 minutes to move from defence to Man Utd's box. It started getting annoying. I had been happy with Pep up to now but now I'm feeling he's leading the team to too much passing extremism, and no extremism is good. But he's not stupid, I'm sure he'll realise this team can play more direct football if they're allowed to.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby johndear » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:48 pm

rthebest wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:I agree that there is no reason to panic though. We are likely to qualify for the next round.

I cannot agree more. We have a away goal advantage so we will most likely go through. Please stop the negative vibe.

ALL TIME UCL Ranking from 1992/93

even though ManU is heading down in EPL this term doesn't mean they are worst than Basel or BATE . according to UEFA CL since 1993 (ManU is one of top defensive record team). they have CL experience and play conservatively most of the time.

yesterday we went and controlled the game at OT almost got away with a win if we took our chances well.

they did use every tactics (defensive,excessive water,diving) to make our lives difficult. but we came away with away goal.

In Munich we will crash them as long as we have lahm and Kroos healthy in next 6 days.
All's Fair In LOVE and WAR
johndear
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCB general » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:22 pm

MaCk0y wrote:FCB General what do you think the conversation between Mandzukic and Vidic was after they clashed with each other ? Mandzukic has a habit of continuously speaking with the opponent even after the referee intervenes. He has a habit of pointing his finger, keeps talking and going near the opponent. This could cost him.

Hahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Excellent question my friend!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :mrgreen:

I'm still wondering if they exchanged some 'juicy' words, "fúcked mother" to each other or something, maybe sent one another to homeland(mother's hole). :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

BTW, I've just seen and our referee analysist what he thinks about the last match and as it was expected - clear dive from Rooney, big mistake from ref.

He said - top actor, one of the best in this things, haha. :lol:
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby rthebest » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:33 pm

I saw the reply only once but I think Mandzukic didn't deserve the yellow card either.
rthebest
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Canada

Postby MaCk0y » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:59 pm

FCB general wrote:
MaCk0y wrote:FCB General what do you think the conversation between Mandzukic and Vidic was after they clashed with each other ? Mandzukic has a habit of continuously speaking with the opponent even after the referee intervenes. He has a habit of pointing his finger, keeps talking and going near the opponent. This could cost him.

Hahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Excellent question my friend!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :mrgreen:

I'm still wondering if they exchanged some 'juicy' words, "fúcked mother" to each other or something, maybe sent one another to homeland(mother's hole). :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

BTW, I've just seen and our referee analysist what he thinks about the last match and as it was expected - clear dive from Rooney, big mistake from ref.

He said - top actor, one of the best in this things, haha. :lol:

It seemed Mandzukic didn't want to let it go. Do you speak the same language (Croats and Serbs) ?
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tflags » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:02 pm

MUTU wrote:Really? Barcelona management and players have publicly complained and cried foul when it was done to them.

Years ago Inter hosted Barza and as customary the pitch at the San Siro was so bad you could see pieces of mud and grass coming out of the players boots as they ran or kicked the ball. It was so wet and the turf itself is such a bad condition someone call it even worthy of a third world stadium (Yeah, thanks.) Anyhow it was a bad result for Barza so they started complaining about the pitch being watered and dampened on purpose so that they couldn't run and pass straight.

A former Milan player now turn ESPN commentator doing a morning cast said basically that the claims and complaints were ridiculous. The San Siro was famous for having at least four matches per week (AC Milan and Inter plus their respective sub-divisions shared the stadium at any given week) and on top of that the Sun didn't exactly help much because of a bunch of factors dating back to the "first day" and all. Basically the sun didn't exactly illuminate the pitch correctly so they needed special attention and water the pitch early at night or they wouldn't have any grass left the following day; much less with all the running and kicking around.

Yes, having a wet pitch supposedly slows down play and makes it much, much harder for run-till-you-drop teams; but it doesn't make any sense to do it inside the box.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MUTU » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:05 pm

tflags wrote:but it doesn't make any sense to do it inside the box.

On the contrary, if you're going to park the bus, it's the ONLY place that makes sense. It stops low passes, forcing deliveries to be done aerially, where United could exert their domination. But it leaves the middle of the pitch free for fast counter-attacks.

PS: Interesting about San Siro, didn't know that much, but then it's also not so relevant seeing that United don't share their stadium and their next scheduled match at Old Trafford is, unbelievably, on April 26th.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:35 pm

FAAHKING LUMP THE BALL FORWARD SON

#tacticalgenius #pepraus #bringbackcarstenjancker
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCB general » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:09 pm

MaCk0y wrote:It seemed Mandzukic didn't want to let it go. Do you speak the same language (Croats and Serbs) ?

Yes. We can understand ourselves perfectly! There is no difference, it's just we call our language Croatian, Serbs call it Serbian. :D Okay, some words are different, but both people understand them entirely, you don't need to go to school, you just figure it all on your own when you talk about some subjects, topics, work, vegetables, fruit, etc.
Some words you different write, but you read and pronaunce it the same. All foreigners who learn Croatian, they have learned to speak Serbian, Bosnian and Montenegrin, too.

Croatia, Bosnia-Herzegowina, Serbia, Montenegro literally can perfectly understand each other. Slovenia and Macedonia can understand us(Scholl7 understands me perfectly. :) ), as well as Kosovo where people still speak Serbian/Croatian since their people live in my country, Serbia and BiH, but their Albanian language is totally different and unknown to us.

We tried or should I say, we were forced twice to live in the same country under somekind of Yugoslavian sphere, but there are historical, cultural and religious diversity which differ these people identity.
Croatia always belonged to Latin, Rome and especially Catholicity, Bosnia-Herzegowina until the Ottomans arrived, after that only some parts to nowdays, mostly western which lie on Croatia. Religion, Western and Eastern Christianity played a main part in culture and identity.

The rest of the mentioned countries to in Cyrillic, Byzantine and Orthodoxy.

At least we share very, very similar or just to say the same language, but we all are weidos who became hostiles during the 90's, heh... One of the craziest part of the world - Balkan. To me, the craziest. :D
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League