You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-04-01] Man Utd vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:45 pm

Manchester United will win
6%
It will end in a draw
8%
Bayern Munich will win
87%

Total votes : 53

Re: [2014-04-01] Man Utd vs Bayern Munich

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:44 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
mind you am not enjoying it cause it is never nice to do it even because of excuses and so on [source]

Definitely not enjoying it, I wish him a speedy recovery. But in sporting terms it is good for us.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby United83 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:50 pm

Hi guys, respectfully here as a United fan.

Bad draw for us, I don't think even the most biased of United fans is expecting much against Bayern this time around (especially not with RVP) out now. Will be a good experince though as always, and who knows if we play our best we might give your lot a decent game, because despite our form, with our best eleven we still have some dangerous players.

I'll probably post here a few times in the runup and aftermath of the two games, but whatever happens, good luck and may the best team win (although I'm pretty sure we all know who that is at the minute! :D ).
United83
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:53 pm

Welcome! Always nice to see respectful fans of opposing teams. :)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MatZam » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:01 pm

United83 wrote:Hi guys, respectfully here as a United fan.

Bad draw for us, I don't think even the most biased of United fans is expecting much against Bayern this time around (especially not with RVP) out now. Will be a good experince though as always, and who knows if we play our best we might give your lot a decent game, because despite our form, with our best eleven we still have some dangerous players.

I'll probably post here a few times in the runup and aftermath of the two games, but whatever happens, good luck and may the best team win (although I'm pretty sure we all know who that is at the minute! :D ).

Glad to see a fan of another team here, feel free to stay and participate even after the tie is over, I for one enjoy reading the views of other fans.

It's a shame about van Persie for your team, injuries are never a nice thing even when they benefit your team.

Best of luck, I'm hoping for a couple of really good games between our teams.
MatZam
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby United83 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:20 pm

Thanks guys. I don't always sign up to forums of the team we are playing in Europe but I was having a quick read of some post's here and liked what I saw. :) The OP was great and got me really in the mood for the tie...it's not long off now either!

I just hope we at least keep the scoreline respectful. My heart says we have a chance if we play at our best, but my brain says you will win comfortably. I'm realistically thinking it will be four or five for Bayern and if we are lucky we might score one or two....could well be double figures though if you play like you did against Barca last season!
United83
Getting the hang of it

Postby runaway » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:28 pm

Welcome to the forum United83!

The heart wants what the heart wants. :wink: Most optimistic result I want is Bayern salvaging Bundesliga again. Justice for Neverkusen! :lol:

BTW, I've been reading that SAF talked to your squad before the Olympiakos game. Was that true?
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:30 pm

United83 wrote:The OP was great and got me really in the mood for the tie...it's not long off now either!

Yeah I was surprised to find out it's less than two weeks away!

You're overdoing it if you think we'll go into double figures though. I'd love it, but it won't happen. My prediction is that we will win comfortably in Old Trafford and then the second leg will be close, like against Arsenal (both this season and the last) and Man City in the group stage.

An interesting note: assuming we beat Man United and meet Chelsea in the semis or the final, will it be the first time that any one club has faced all 4 teams of a certain league in the same season?
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby United83 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:45 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
United83 wrote:The OP was great and got me really in the mood for the tie...it's not long off now either!

Yeah I was surprised to find out it's less than two weeks away!

You're overdoing it if you think we'll go into double figures though. I'd love it, but it won't happen. My prediction is that we will win comfortably in Old Trafford and then the second leg will be close, like against Arsenal (both this season and the last) and Man City in the group stage.

An interesting note: assuming we beat Man United and meet Chelsea in the semis or the final, will it be the first time that any one club has faced all 4 teams of a certain league in the same season?

As good as you are, you're right it's highly unlikely to be that much of a demolition. You never know though, this has been a season or negative record breaking for Moyes, and we haven't played a team at the level of BM yet! ...but by god, I hope not.

The playing the four teams from one league thing, if that did happen, would be very interesting. I definitely think Chelsea would be the toughest of the lot with Mourinho in charge, but it would certainly be some feat to play four teams from one league.... We'll have to induct you as honorary members of the Premier League lol!

runaway wrote:Welcome to the forum United83!

The heart wants what the heart wants. :wink: Most optimistic result I want is Bayern salvaging Bundesliga again. Justice for Neverkusen! :lol:

BTW, I've been reading that SAF talked to your squad before the Olympiakos game. Was that true?

:D ...Thanks dude.

I wouldn't believe too much of what you read in regards to United this season, the amount of nonsense going around has been crazy. The best one was that Rooney had demanded he had a say in transfers, and he actually had to come out and say what rubbish it was. So although I'd not heard that SAF was talking to the squad before the Olmpiakos game, I really would doubt it buddy.
United83
Getting the hang of it

Postby Zoga » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:33 pm

crossing my fingers that we shall meet Man U and Chelsea and knock off their teeth.. would love to piss all over the EPL, then come the world cup we meet england at the quater finals and knock off their teeth again preferably with the same average goals we will have knocked off the EPL teams
Zoga
Woah, this feels cool!

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby zuki46 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:37 am

That is going to be a really tough match even if RVP is injured. ManU is going to be really determined after coming back from 0-2. We have always had a difficult time beating them regardless the fact that we have been a better side. On the other hand, I still seek revenge every time, for that black Wednesday of 1999 that made me loose my sleep for a week. Revenge will be mine!
zuki46
Woah, this feels cool!

National Flag:
Albania

Postby SAS2014 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:55 am

I think you guys will win this even if you don't play at your best and if you do play at your best you win quite easily.
SAS2014
Hey, I'm new here!

[2014-04-01] Man Utd vs Bayern Munich

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:57 am

Cant get enough of this :lol:
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby prasun77 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:28 am

finally the dreams of ManU fans will come true ....Kroos,Thiago,Neuer,Schweinsteiger will be at old trafford! :D
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby MUTU » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:04 am

prasun77 wrote:finally the dreams of ManU fans will come true ....Kroos,Thiago,Neuer,Schweinsteiger will be at old trafford! :D

On April 1st to be precise, April's Fool Day :mrgreen:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby United83 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:57 pm

prasun77 wrote:finally the dreams of ManU fans will come true ....Kroos,Thiago,Neuer,Schweinsteiger will be at old trafford! :D

Ouch!

....Don't forget though, we have the mighty Cleverley to battle against them! :lol:
United83
Getting the hang of it

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League