You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2009-09-15] Maccabi Haifa Vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What will the outcome of this match be ?

Poll ended at Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:06 am

A Maccabi Haifa win
18%
A Draw
8%
A FCB win
75%

Total votes : 40

Re: [2009-09-15] Maccabi Haifa Vs Bayern Munich

Postby mjm11 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:58 pm

Was it really hot or something? they looked exhausted even before kickoff.
mjm11
First post

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby appudds » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:20 am

I dunno wat will happen if we face Juve in Turin...
I don want a lose..
But at this rate, at this poor first half, i really see it happening! :(
BUt hey, lets be optimist!:d
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Aequitas1987 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:13 am

I dont think we will lose to Juve if Diego does not play. I seen some of their games which were very impressive and others not so much, including pre-season. They are extremely inconsistent. Diego is their major consistent player. I am very worried about Bordeaux though.
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby shwas55 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:27 am

mjm11 wrote:Was it really hot or something? they looked exhausted even before kickoff.

The commentator mentioned that it was very humid.

Aequitas1987 wrote:I dont think we will lose to Juve if Diego does not play. I seen some of their games which were very impressive and others not so much, including pre-season. They are extremely inconsistent. Diego is their major consistent player. I am very worried about Bordeaux though.

We have to play the way we played in the last 30 mins to beat the better teams.

Van Gaal is still obviously trying different things and different players, so it will get better once we get settled, which I dont think is that far off.
Last edited by shwas55 on Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
shwas55
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby vxg7826 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:24 am

I really don't think we should play with only Olic in attack as the only forward. The simple reason is that he does not fit the center attacking position at all. He plays only with his left foot, thus 50% of the crosses he does not know to take care of. He is good at left forwarding position but simply I think Van Gaal made a mistake playing with him as a center forwarder.

B.S. Probably you may have noticed how does not he know to furnish the crosses coming from the right side...
vxg7826
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MaCk0y » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:17 am

MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tangolike » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:11 am

If this is the level that everyone is playing in our group then I think if Bayern win all their home games
they are guaranteed to qualify
irrespective of what the other 3 teams do.
tangolike

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:21 am

appudds wrote:I dunno wat will happen if we face Juve in Turin...
I don want a lose..

The game in Turin is the last game, we should have our place in the last 16 by then.

And I have to say it...

MULLER RULES!!!!

To whoever said Gomez didn't do anything, our whole attack looked much stronger when he came on, and he gave the assist for the 3rd goal too. Definitely one of Gomez's best performances with us so far, even if he didn't play long.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Element » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:24 am

I Could no watch The Match

But I am happy that we won
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:33 am

Element wrote:I Could no watch The Match

Maccabi had some really good chances in the start of the 2nd half which would definitely have gone in if Rensing had been playing.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bayernman » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:36 am

SilentStrike wrote:YAY!!!

3-0
bayernman
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby appudds » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:37 pm

Element wrote:I Could no watch The Match

Me too...
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
India

Postby nur4bayern » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:52 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
appudds wrote:I dunno wat will happen if we face Juve in Turin...
I don want a lose..

The game in Turin is the last game, we should have our place in the last 16 by then.

And I have to say it...

MULLER RULES!!!!

To whoever said Gomez didn't do anything, our whole attack looked much stronger when he came on, and he gave the assist for the 3rd goal too. Definitely one of Gomez's best performances with us so far, even if he didn't play long.

I finally got to watch the game last night and I agree with many who are concerned about our first half performance, it's been kind of a trend lately and we need to be going hard from the first whistle. Still, a win is a win.

And yes, Mueller rules!!! I also agree that Gomez contributed a lot when he came in and the set up for Mueller's second goal was absolutely perfect! I hate to admit it, but I was wrong about Van Gaal, he's really working hard to put together player's on the pitch who will work hard and win matches. I have no problem with him experimenting at this early stage of the CL and Bundesliga seasons so we'll have a strong, cohesive team down the stretch.

Go Bayern!!!
“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”
nur4bayern
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ubiytza » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:54 pm

Yesterday everyone had a very lackluster performance. No one stood out either from the positive or negative side.
Couple of things could have contributed to this:
1) Wet grass
2) Underestimating the opponent. Maccabi played pretty well for a low ranked team. Have to give them credit. 3-0 was not indicative of the game. 2-1, would have been a more appropriate score (3-1 if you count the first half goal)....

Regarding Gomez...
I am looking at him, strictly from his performance during this season. I have not watched him play in the past, and I don't care about how many goals he scored.
My comments are applicable to this season only:

- Turns the ball over 80% of the time. Not an exaggeration on my part.
- The only way he can score, is if he is in the right place at the right time, shooting from a point blank distance. Any other scoring chances (which should be realized) are wasted on him. He needs to be looking at the empty net, or shooting from 2 meters to have a chance.
- The amount of $ spent on him, is not even in the same galaxy as his performance on the field.
- Slow, lazy and constantly off side - possibly because he is slow and lazy. I compare him to Shevchenko (what he is today - an overpaid premadonna).
ubiytza
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby Jurvansuu » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:18 pm

Even in his prime Ruud van Nistelrooy was even slower , even lazier , appeared way more in offsides and couldnt shoot a shit , he could just be in the right place at the right time to put his foot to the right place at the right time.

And he still is one of the all time greats.

SO just shut the **** up and let Mario play.
Jurvansuu
Yeah, now I'm talking!

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League