You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[27-04-2010] Lyon vs FC Bayern Munchen

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Who will win the match Lyon vs FC Bayern Munchen!

Bayern Wins (FC Bayern Munchen go through)
46%
Draw (FC Bayern Munchen go through)
28%
Lyon wins (FC Bayern Munchen go through)
16%
Lyon wins (Lyon go through)
9%

Total votes : 67

Re: [27-04-2010] Lyon vs FC Bayern Munchen

Postby hgb09 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:47 am

walter wrote:
A CL team needs few superstars to win anything...It is easy to stop only Robben but when you have 2 world class wingers than they cant see it coming.

Not true if we learned anything from the Fiorentina experience.

But if it weren't for our defense we would have won the second game easily.
hgb09
2014/15 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Element » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:00 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:Jupp Heynckes suggested we should appoint LVG...they go way back as LVG was coach of Barca and Heynckes was coach of Real Madrid...so when he was leaving Bayern last season he suggested LVG to our board.

True , I remember posting that

Bayern Had Made A List of potential Replacements

Jupp Heynckes adviced his Friend Hoeness that Louis Van Gaal would be the Best for Bayern

Because Bayern is A Club that needs Discipline

And in the first day of The Era Van Gaal , he installed some cameras to make sure that everyone is doing what they are supposed to do
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Ed. » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:50 pm

Wow, 23 pages of posts :) . You guys really got worked up there :)

Fantastic performance from Lahm + Schweini + altintop + Olic.

No amount of credit and praise is too little for Altintop. He was so low in confidence he couldn't make a square pass a while ago and I don't think you'd find a single bayern fan who even entertained the thought of him being in the starting X1. But now, he is a different player and on this form he is delivering more than Ribery.
Ed.
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby cruz » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:10 pm

besides Olić and Altintop, my player of the match was Bastian Schweinsteiger!!!

errbody played good, the whole team gave a supreme performance!!!

but people who really know something about football have recognized a world class performance by Schweinsteiger!!!
cruz
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby walter » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:19 pm

No amount of credit and praise is too little for Altintop. He was so low in confidence he couldn't make a square pass a while ago and I don't think you'd find a single bayern fan who even entertained the thought of him being in the starting X1. But now, he is a different player and on this form he is delivering more than Ribery.

I agree 100%. People tend to forget how good Hamit was for us under HItzfeld. Regrettably, injuries have been a problem with him, but man, when in form, what a great player he is. He was also outstanding in the Eurocup.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Element » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:52 pm

cruz wrote:but people who really know something about football have recognized a world class performance by Schweinsteiger!!

He is world class

leads the team in ball contacts

leads the team in Pass accuracy in the BL and CL

is 2nd in pass accuracy in the CL after Xavi

is the only non-defender in the top 10 long passers list

doing defensively better than top CBs

Ran 18 KM in the DFB Pokal game vs Schalke , Sch0ll7 said that this might be a record

What else do you want ?
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Bigkeeko » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:24 pm

Element wrote:
cruz wrote:but people who really know something about football have recognized a world class performance by Schweinsteiger!!

He is world class

Ran 18 KM in the DFB Pokal game vs Schalke

:shock: Some coverage. Impressve amount of work.
Die Roten!
Bigkeeko
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby sch0ll7 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:25 pm

It is an absolute record:)
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby machkover » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:55 pm

eddinanM3 wrote:
The odds are even if UEFA accepts our appeal they will probably drop it to a two game suspension which doesn't help in this case. AND that is probably why they made it three games in the first place.

if i were living in Europe I would organize a big demonstration in front of The UEFA bilding and shout out their injustice towards Bilal Ribery and consequently towards our beloved team FCBayern !! they are unfair crook people .
GET OFF BAYERN'S WAY TO THE GLORY
machkover
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby strongwalker » Sun May 02, 2010 9:18 am

dariusGK21 wrote:All I can say is our board is doing a great job, the support it gives it players on and off the field. Even though its a critical time or Bayern the board still makes sure needs are met.. All I can say is with Beckenbauer, Hoeness and Rummenigge that we have the right people in charge and leading this club.

We *do* in fact have a great board there, just look around the BL and all over europe, what incompetent and/or greedy fools run some of the major clubs, its really amazing. Although I am not exactly a fan of Rummenigge, i have to admit he has his merits; if he now tries to regain some very much needed contact with the fan base, he might become a great one.

Fortunately, our board (finally, i'm tempted to add) has learned an important thing, that is to do the second step after hiring an experienced, successful coach: let him do his work as he sees fit. This has almost never been the case in the past years; It seems we needed the epic Klinsi failure for our board to understand this.

LvG is allowed to do as he sees fit, of course it took its time, but now we see the results, Bayern not only play successfully, but also a very attractive attacking-minded kind of football that is a pleasure to watch.
"I don't understand all this discussion about Madrid being the best in the world - we always beat them."

--- Ottmar Hitzfeld, FC Bayern coach, 2002.4.2.
strongwalker
Hey, I'm new here!

Previous

Return to UEFA Champions League