You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-10-23] Lille OSC vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:45 pm

Lille OSC will win
4%
It will end in a draw
4%
Bayern Munich will win
93%

Total votes : 28

Re: [2012-10-23] Lille OSC vs Bayern Munich

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:26 pm

Kicker predicting Alaba at LB, Boateng and Dante as CBs with Martinez partnering Schweini.

Hope they're the ones that are right.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:28 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Kicker predicting Alaba at LB, Boateng and Dante as CBs with Martinez partnering Schweini.

Hope they're the ones that are right.

Almost the way I wished it with the difference of the tried&tested Dante-Boateng partnership rather than the more experimental Badstuber-Dante.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Jorge » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:36 pm

Although I am the first one who gets impatient watching Badstuber playing LB, and my main complaint is not even his lack of speed or his little contribution going forward, but more that he does not have the natural moves of a Full back (the way he cuts the ball, turns or passes are of a Centerback ) I wouldn’t be surprised if he is started over Alaba for this game.
Alaba hasn’t played a competitive match as LB for months and a must-win away Champions League game is not the ideal scenario to run a test while like it or not, in the Bundesliga Badstuber as a LB is part of the best defensive backline in the League, with only 2 goals conceded so far, and ZERO goals allowed playing away. True that the same backline has not looked that sharp in CL play but we can point our finger to 10 other things that went wrong before we factor in Badstuber’s shortcomings as LB.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Commodore » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:47 pm

Jorge,

post more often please.
"There are two things I am afraid of: War and Oliver Kahn."

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCB general » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:26 pm

Jorge wrote:Although I am the first one who gets impatient watching Badstuber playing LB, and my main complaint is not even his lack of speed or his little contribution going forward, but more that he does not have the natural moves of a Full back (the way he cuts the ball, turns or passes are of a Centerback ) I wouldn’t be surprised if he is started over Alaba for this game.

No, you are not. I have been nervous since he started playing LB position. He bothers me a lot watching him on that position. He is desperate and so limited, doesn't possess quality to play that and things are getting worse when I just remember year 2010 where LvG forced Holger to play there and even Löw at WC as well. When we play forward, he is just as sent-off player, useless.

This must be his last match on left side. Alaba and Contento are waiting for this place to start.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby Yahya » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:15 pm

The way he curls his hands, and runs forward inconsistently guessing what to do next.. Ugh :|
Music Producer
Yahya
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:21 pm

If i see Badstuber take another free kick or corner again!!!
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:59 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:If i see Badstuber take another free kick or corner again!!!

I remember he scored a really nice free kick 2 years ago :P
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby walter » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:26 pm

When I look at Badsturber performances in both the NT and Bayern I still don't know what to make of him. For the time being he is a more than decent makeshift LB, but his last few games as CB in the NT are not very encouraging. I would probably stick with Dante and Boateng as CBs once Alaba regains his fitness but, as Jorge mentioned, it's too risky to play Alaba as LB for this game.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby BMpenang » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:50 pm

I guess many people has forgotten that alaba is not a LB when he started out and he still plays in the middle for austria.
He does sometimes gets too eager but he is still young and should learn with experience.
I hope he starts but wont mind if JH does keep him on the bench as he can be a valuable sub.
BMpenang
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby walter » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:59 pm

The thing with Alaba is I think he can be a very good midfielder whether he plays on the wing or centrally; but based on last season performances it seems he could actually become the best LB in the world. LVG was right when he said: "the kid can play LB, he just doesn't know it yet." At any rate his versatility is a plus; he reminds me so much of Ze Roberto who could also excel in all the same position that Alaba can play (LM, CM, LB).

Less than two hours for the game! bring it on!
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby Bixente69 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:11 pm

Hi, I'm starting to get nervous... I'm expecting a win, because our Team (especially Müller, he became a real "scoringmonster" the last weaks) is in a really good shape and Lille is not in a good shape... :) and also I'm very curious who has to sit on the bench for Alaba... I think he will be in the starting eleven...
Bixente69
Getting the hang of it

Postby Jorge » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:16 pm

Commodore wrote:Jorge,

post more often please.

Thanks buddy. I wish I could find more time as I really enjoy the discussions here a lot. Back when I joined the forum a few years ago we had a mix of good and bad posts, today there is a lot of substance in the opinions with a lot more well informed members and even those heated arguments that break up once in while are good for the forum. It shows there is room for football punches outside the Real Madrid-Barcelona/ Messi-Ronaldo forums.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby AvatarX » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:27 pm

1 hour and 17 minutes left !

Go D̶i̶e̶g̶o̶ Bayern GO! (The ones who have/are children will get this :P)
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby walter » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:40 pm

AvatarX wrote:Go D̶i̶e̶g̶o̶ Bayern GO! (The ones who have/are children will get this :P)

Isabella at school, no heart power for this one :?
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League