You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-10-23] Lille OSC vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:45 pm

Lille OSC will win
4%
It will end in a draw
4%
Bayern Munich will win
93%

Total votes : 28

Re: [2012-10-23] Lille OSC vs Bayern Munich

Postby Commodore » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:17 am

Um 10.45 Uhr hob die Lufthansa-Maschine des FC Bayern Richtung Nordfrankreich ab. An Bord 19 Profis. Im Vergleich zum Düsseldorf-Spiel am letzten Samstag gab es eine kleine Änderung im Aufgebot von Chefcoach Jupp Heynckes: Daniel Van Buyten blieb aufgrund einer Rippenstauchung in München. Dafür kehren Claudio Pizarro, der nach seinen Länderspielen mit Peru wegen Jetlags nicht mit nach Düsseldorf gefahren war, und Emre Can, der am Wochenende beim FCB II zum Einsatz gekommen war, in den Kader zurück.

http://www.fcbayern.telekom.de/de/aktue ... um=twitter

Daniel van Buyten has a rib compression, so nothing too serious.

Article still makes no mention of Robben, but says that two changes have been made from the squad that went to Düsseldorf.

Pizarro is back in the squad. He wasn't in Düsseldorf due to jetlag from his flight back to Germany from his interantional duties in Peru.

Emre Can, who has played for Bayern II on the weekend, back in the squad.

I think it's safe to assume that Robben is out.
"There are two things I am afraid of: War and Oliver Kahn."

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:19 am

I agree league games are important but the UCL is how teams get on the map and attract top players and thats where league games dont always help you. The top teams that attract top players are the ones that at the moment are dominant pieces in the UCL or were a couple years ago. You dont get guys like Ribery, Martinez, and Robben if you arent major players in the UCL. No offense to the bundesliga titles Bayern has won but UCL football is what makes them an elite club...
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby brickwall281 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:16 pm

AssemFCB wrote:
MoFattal wrote:For me, that's the most important game so far this season. If by any chance we manage to screw up, God forbid, I can't imaging how devastated we'll all be.

Having said this, Lille is definitely on a lower level than us, so this should be no more than a routine victory. It's all about how we approach the game. If we're comfortable, than Lille is going to get a spanking. If we put ourselves under unnecessary pressure, it's going to be much harder than thought. I think this is where Sammer should give the lads some chunks of his personality.

This, I also hope that they don't get any "Oh we spanked Fortuna f'n Dusseldorf, we're the best team in history" overconfidence and blow our CL chances.

I think we learnt from the Borisov match.
:pep: Gooby Pls :pep:
brickwall281
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Iraq

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:10 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:I agree league games are important but the UCL is how teams get on the map and attract top players and thats where league games dont always help you. The top teams that attract top players are the ones that at the moment are dominant pieces in the UCL or were a couple years ago. You dont get guys like Ribery, Martinez, and Robben if you arent major players in the UCL. No offense to the bundesliga titles Bayern has won but UCL football is what makes them an elite club...

Very true, but I think that what Commodore is trying to say (and he is completely right) is that you can't make the CL your target for a particular season, because too much can go wrong. One bad night will ruin everything, as we witnessed ourselves last season. It's not the best team that wins, but the better team on the night.

On the other hand, in the league you have the chance to make up for slip-ups. In the end the league title always goes to the most consistent team throughout the season.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:10 pm

Okay i see what you mean i think. Are u saying that even though the UCL trophy is better you shouldnt make i your only priority?
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:33 pm

How come we are playing tomorrow? Didn't we also play on Tuesday the last matchday?
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:36 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:Okay i see what you mean i think. Are u saying that even though the UCL trophy is better you shouldnt make i your only priority?

Not sure about Commodore but what I'm saying is that we should do everything to win the CL but we can't expect it, as if we have any right to it. We can only do that with the Bundesliga, which is the fairest competition. In the CL too many other factors play a decisive role.

To a certain extent the same applies to the Pokal. These factors play an even bigger role because it is a one leg tie rather than two, but the difference in quality between Bayern and the rest is bigger than in the CL.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AssemFCB » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:42 pm

I think the team owe it to themselves and their millions of disappointed fans to lift that CL Trophy just a few km away from Stamford Bridge in May. It should be their priority to win the trophy this season, but that doesn't mean to screw up their BL lead.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby ballackfcb » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:58 pm

No.

Bundesliga is by far the main priority this season.
The cl is not as good as people think it is.
It is a massive let down, defensive teams get the results like BATE and Chelsea.
ballackfcb
2013/14 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby FCB general » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:05 pm

Tough match will be, but we can count on 3 points from Lille, ie 6 points after 4-5th group game against Lille.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby Commodore » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:42 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Not sure about Commodore but what I'm saying is that we should do everything to win the CL but we can't expect it, as if we have any right to it. We can only do that with the Bundesliga, which is the fairest competition. In the CL too many other factors play a decisive role.

To a certain extent the same applies to the Pokal. These factors play an even bigger role because it is a one leg tie rather than two, but the difference in quality between Bayern and the rest is bigger than in the CL.

Basically this. You can't set the main priority on the UCL and call the season a failure when you win the Bundesliga but not the UCL.

Main priority must always be the Bundesliga.

AssemFCB wrote:I think the team owe it to themselves and their millions of disappointed fans to lift that CL Trophy just a few km away from Stamford Bridge in May. It should be their priority to win the trophy this season, but that doesn't mean to screw up their BL lead.

They owe it to themselves and their fans to give it their all in every match. They don't owe anyone the trophy for all the aforementioned reasons.

ballackfcb wrote:No.

Bundesliga is by far the main priority this season.
The cl is not as good as people think it is.
It is a massive let down, defensive teams get the results like BATE and Chelsea.

What are you trying to say? Is Borisov not allowed to play defensively? What should they do in your opinion? Open up, play offensively and get thrashed 7:1 by us?

You might consider this the "more honorable" way to play football, or whatever. I consider it stupid.

Borisov did the one thing that wins them the odd game against us, and they hit the one day where that actually happened. Fair play to them.

To an extent the same applies to Chelsea. Only the team last year, though, not the club. A club with resources like that should feel ashamed to field a godawful squad like that.

With the team they had, however, they did the one thing that wins them the odd game against us, and they hit the one day where that actually happened. Fair play to them.
"There are two things I am afraid of: War and Oliver Kahn."

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby AvatarX » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:35 pm

Commodore wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Not sure about Commodore but what I'm saying is that we should do everything to win the CL but we can't expect it, as if we have any right to it. We can only do that with the Bundesliga, which is the fairest competition. In the CL too many other factors play a decisive role.

Basically this. You can't set the main priority on the UCL and call the season a failure when you win the Bundesliga but not the UCL.

Main priority must always be the Bundesliga.

In general I agree, but with our current depth, especially if Gomez+Robben are back, we have the luxury to pursue all competitions.

Indeed, there are many factors that decide CL winner, one of them -almost the biggest, especially in the later stages- is luck, so you can't really say that a season is failure if you don't win CL.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby AvatarX » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:39 pm

24 hours left for our next Champions League match. A match we should not take lightly and show everyone that the match against Bate was one time thing. Determination, passion and teamworking should be our main characteristics tomorrow evening!

Go Bayern !!!

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby BayernLove » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:43 pm

quaazi gon' get on yo ass pretty soon!
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby the12th » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:02 pm

UCL is important. But winning BuLi must be the priority, being unable to win buli for 3 years straight might have serious financial ramifications.

Look at it this way: where's UCL is food, (one can live without it for almost a month), BuLi is water(no water, dead in 5 days :D)
Fcuk Yeah
the12th
Yeah, now I'm talking!

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League