You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-10-23] Lille OSC vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:45 pm

Lille OSC will win
4%
It will end in a draw
4%
Bayern Munich will win
93%

Total votes : 28

Re: [2012-10-23] Lille OSC vs Bayern Munich

Postby Element » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:55 am

AssemFCB wrote:Why are we playing two consecutive away games?

One of the teams has to do it
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Chalant » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:14 pm

Their Left-back Digne is one to watch out for from his past performances.
Emre CAN do it.
Chalant
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby MUTU » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:10 am

Ribery expects "stiff resistance" from Lille.

Source: http://www.tz-online.de/sport/fc-bayern ... 57315.html
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby AssemFCB » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:29 pm

MUTU wrote:Ribery expects "stiff resistance" from Lille.

Source: http://www.tz-online.de/sport/fc-bayern ... 57315.html

Ironically, that's what Zahia Dehar expected from Ribéry!
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:49 pm

MUTU wrote:Ribery expects "stiff resistance" from Lille.

THATS WHAT SHE SAID!!!!! :D :D :D
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby MoFattal » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:27 pm

For me, that's the most important game so far this season. If by any chance we manage to screw up, God forbid, I can't imaging how devastated we'll all be.

Having said this, Lille is definitely on a lower level than us, so this should be no more than a routine victory. It's all about how we approach the game. If we're comfortable, than Lille is going to get a spanking. If we put ourselves under unnecessary pressure, it's going to be much harder than thought. I think this is where Sammer should give the lads some chunks of his personality.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby BayernLove » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:39 pm

MoFattal wrote:it's going to be much harder than thought.

*cough* *cough*
Firefox1234 wrote:THATS WHAT SHE SAID!!!!! :D :D :D
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby AssemFCB » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:42 pm

MoFattal wrote:For me, that's the most important game so far this season. If by any chance we manage to screw up, God forbid, I can't imaging how devastated we'll all be.

Having said this, Lille is definitely on a lower level than us, so this should be no more than a routine victory. It's all about how we approach the game. If we're comfortable, than Lille is going to get a spanking. If we put ourselves under unnecessary pressure, it's going to be much harder than thought. I think this is where Sammer should give the lads some chunks of his personality.

This, I also hope that they don't get any "Oh we spanked Fortuna f'n Dusseldorf, we're the best team in history" overconfidence and blow our CL chances.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:44 pm

For a club like Bayern winning the UCL is the most important thing to do each season, no more mistakes!!
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby MoFattal » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:25 am

Any news on Robben travelling with the team or staying behind?
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Commodore » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:48 am

Firefox1234 wrote:For a club like Bayern winning the UCL is the most important thing to do each season, no more mistakes!!

I disagree. There is one competition that you can force to win each season. That's the domestic championship. If after 34 games, you're top of the league, you have been the best team, period. If you get unlucky once in a knock-out format, you're out. Barca were clearly better than Chelsea and, to be honest, were probably better than us as well last year.

I'm just saying that you shouldn't make your most important goal of a season to win a competition where luck plays a significant part.

That said, getting out of the group, and our group in particular, should be something we should be able to force as well.

So yeah, Borisov has been our only slip-up so far this season. Let's go to Lille and make sure it stays this way.
"There are two things I am afraid of: War and Oliver Kahn."

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:57 am

Commodore wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:For a club like Bayern winning the UCL is the most important thing to do each season, no more mistakes!!

I disagree. There is one competition that you can force to win each season. That's the domestic championship. If after 34 games, you're top of the league, you have been the best team, period. If you get unlucky once in a knock-out format, you're out. Barca were clearly better than Chelsea and, to be honest, were probably better than us as well last year.

I'm just saying that you shouldn't make your most important goal of a season to win a competition where luck plays a significant part.

That said, getting out of the group, and our group in particular, should be something we should be able to force as well.

So yeah, Borisov has been our only slip-up so far this season. Let's go to Lille and make sure it stays this way.

Or maybe it's not that simple. Real Madrid won the league last season so with your reasoning they were the best Spanish team... So why did we dominate them if Barcelona were better? Also, why did Manchester City not win the CL since they did far better than Chelsea in the Premier League? Or Dortmund... But let's not go there :)

Yes, a league is a more fair assessment, but only if all teams are equally motivated and hungry to win it. The only club competitions in Europe where teams are always motivated to do well are the Champions League and leagues where no team has a realistic chance of doing well in the Champions League (eg non-top divisions and countries eg the Maltese league).
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Commodore » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:03 am

MoFattal wrote:Any news on Robben travelling with the team or staying behind?

Official Bayern Twitter:
Los geht's! Gruß aus dem Flieger nach Lille. Heynckes mit 19 Mann-Kader, van Buyten (verletzt) bleibt kurzfristig zuhause. ^M.Hörwick

van Buyten injured and not on the flight to Lille. Tweet makes no mention of Robben.

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Commodore » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:10 am

MUTU wrote:Or maybe it's not that simple. Real Madrid won the league last season so with your reasoning they were the best Spanish team... So why did we dominate them if Barcelona were better? Also, why did Manchester City not win the CL since they did far better than Chelsea in the Premier League? Or Dortmund... But let's not go there :)

Well yeah, but that's what I'm saying. If you would have played a real Europa League last year (or let's call it Europa Super League) with the 18 top clubs from all over Europe competing over 34 games, I don't think there's a chance in hell last year's Chelsea and Bayern would have ended up in 1st and 2nd.

I'm not saying we got lucky to get to the final, so my choice of words might have been bad. I'm saying that over 34 games in such a league Real, Barca, probably City and ManU as well would have had a great chance of topping us. Chelsea would have battled against relegation in such a league last year.

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:11 am

Any news on how van Buyten was injured and for how long he will be out?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League