You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-10-23] Lille OSC vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:45 pm

Lille OSC will win
4%
It will end in a draw
4%
Bayern Munich will win
93%

Total votes : 28

Re: [2012-10-23] Lille OSC vs Bayern Munich

Postby the12th » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:43 am

even though we were uninspired in attack, and lacked bits of creativity, I'm proud of them, they managed to defend the lead excellently, almost without mistakes.
Fcuk Yeah
the12th
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby envagyokazapad » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:51 am

Just a few thoughts regarding this match...

1. Looks like we really are focusing on the Bundes this year...3 matches in CL, and we played not-great to absolutely-terrible in all 3 of them. Wasn't it quite the opposite last year?

2. No Ribery, no play. Our attacking game looks dead when Ribery is off...Shaqiri is great, but still, we just cannot replace Ribery again it seems. This worries me, because he seems to be getting injured quite a bit again.

3. Martinez. This is what worries me the most. I've said this before, many times...it's not Schweini, but in fact Gustavo, whose absence creates HUGE defensive problems for us. It was easy to tell that Lille were able to run through our midfield, which is mainly why we had a problem with our defense yesterday. Our defensive play is very much like it was last year with Tymoschuk. I'm not even sure this is an issue with Martinez, or just the fact that Gustavo is world class at what he does. Martinez also looks terrible in attacks, so that makes me hope he's just not on form at the moment, and as he settles into the team later on, he's going to get better. For now, I'd expect MUCH more defensively.

4. Boateng is awesome. Again, he had some crazy interception (there was a kungfu-like kick in the air again). I really hope he'll keep it up like this, he and an on-form Badstuber would be great in the middle. =D>

5. Alaba looks fine...he was great in his NT as well. It's about time we start putting him in the starting lineup.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:56 am

huknife wrote:
MUTU wrote:
huknife wrote:Bah i missed the match cuz this forum still says there is 13 hours to go for the Lille match...!!

Huh? Where did it say so please? The top bar countdown was definitely fine (I saw it myself) and the time in the first post of this thread is dependent on the timezone of your operating system.

Did anyone else have this problem?

Funny, for me it was as if the match was tonight. Oh well.

What was please, the countdown? Was the window open for a very long time when you looked at the countdown? What browser were you using? Is it the first time it happened for you? Did this happen to anyone else?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Commodore » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:56 am

Commodore wrote:We now have two home games and one away game left. Borisov and Lille won't stand a chance at the Allianz Arena. We need to make sure we win in Valencia so we win the head-to-head against them, which is the tie-breaker if two teams have equal points.

I think we can secure top spot if we draw in Spain and we win 2 other games in Allianz Arena, because we won Valencia @ home.

True. Let's win anyways :D.
"There are two things I am afraid of: War and Oliver Kahn."

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Commodore » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:57 am

envagyokazapad wrote:1. Looks like we really are focusing on the Bundes this year...3 matches in CL, and we played not-great to absolutely-terrible in all 3 of them. Wasn't it quite the opposite last year?

There hasn't been a single match this year, Bundesliga or otherwise, in which we played absolutely terrible.

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:01 am

Yesterday we missed having Gomez in attack. Mandzukic did not offer much; in fact, I was surprised he was not taken off with Pizarro coming on. The best strikers can have off days, and yesterday was Mandzukic's time. Heynckes should react more and bring in fresh legs and ideas more often in my opinion.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:25 am

I actually agree with Mutu here, we had only one shot on target (the penalty) and Gomez physical presence could've helped a lot.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MaCk0y » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:26 am

michel wrote:
quaazi wrote:
michel wrote:Can't really talk to players if you don't speak the same languages, is all.

Oh, with English, you can still get a lot of communications done. Especially when the ref is from England!

That's the problem. The referee was English.... :P
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AvatarX » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:41 am

quaazi wrote:I actually agree with Mutu here, we had only one shot on target (the penalty) and Gomez physical presence could've helped a lot.

This. Also usually teams in the caliber of Lille, are suspects for a Gomez hat-trick.

We were very different once Ribery was out (was he injured?) and tbh Shaqiri didn't have a great night.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby tflags » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:54 am

MUTU wrote:Yesterday we missed having Gomez in attack. Mandzukic did not offer much; in fact, I was surprised he was not taken off with Pizarro coming on. The best strikers can have off days, and yesterday was Mandzukic's time. Heynckes should react more and bring in fresh legs and ideas more often in my opinion.

Bild gave Mandman their worst rating from the team yesterday. I wonder why Pizza didn't come in but I guess Heynckes decided a 1-0 was better defending than a possible equalizer. Well, I hope this is just a 'first CL games performance' like last year's qualifiers vs the Swiss. God I miss the group of death.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Commodore » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:56 am

I'll have to watch the match again before I can agree or disagree. As I said, my stream was godawful. It's no secret, though, that I'm a friend of Gómez in general and think he can help us a lot regardless of Mandzukic's performance.

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:37 am

I think Gomez is better against small scrappy teams like Lille cause he can really bully those pesky defenders in the box which Mandzukic was a bit out of place. I remember how he was giving Pepe and Ramos a hard time:P
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby BMpenang » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:46 am

Regardless of the performance,We still won and got the 3 points.
This is what our team needs in champions league games.
We cant have all the possesion and still lost like with bate.
I like this kind of performance once a while as it shows our capability to win ugly when needed with a little bit of luck.
That mfs from chelsea won the cl last season with ugly defensive football.
I believe we can win our 2 home games and that would be enough in my mind as valencia should win against bate at home.
No matter what the result at mestalla in the last game we would still qualify.

There is no easy game in champions league(barcelona struggled to win,chelsea lost,juventus only manage a draw,man.yoo was 2 down at home)so i don't see anyting wrong with us winning ugly.
BMpenang
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:13 pm

dambun: I think Heynckes is rotating just fine. Dusseldorf was a very important game. Apart from the record, it was an away game against the second best defence and Frankfurt, Hannover, Schalke and Dortmund were playing each other. It was an important win because we extended the lead on some of our rivals.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:35 pm

Commodore wrote:I'll have to watch the match again before I can agree or disagree. As I said, my stream was godawful. It's no secret, though, that I'm a friend of Gómez in general and think he can help us a lot regardless of Mandzukic's performance.

Whenever Bayern doesn't play against a 'big' time, there are no Sopcast streams. The usual Russian or Romanian channels did not broadcast the game. But I actually found a decent flash stream yesterday with German commentary. You should join the live chat. :P

"Un penaltie tres generous." :)
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League