You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-10-23] Lille OSC vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:45 pm

Lille OSC will win
4%
It will end in a draw
4%
Bayern Munich will win
93%

Total votes : 28

Re: [2012-10-23] Lille OSC vs Bayern Munich

Postby Element » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:54 pm

MUTU wrote:
MoFattal wrote:
MUTU wrote:We won to a non-existent penalty

Well, I though so until they replayed the incident from an angle from behind, and it clearly showed the Lille player pushing Lahm. Our capitano is not a diver.

I saw it about 4 or 5 times, and there's no way he couldn't have prevented a stumble. In fact if there was any contact at all, it was definitely not enough to put him off balance.

Theyve hit lahm then again pushed him
The push clearly did not cause the stumbling ,but lahm was pushed from behind with a players hand/arm
So not the clearest penalty but could be given
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MoFattal » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:55 pm

Ok, but the guy did push him. A foul is a foul, and there's nothing wrong in taking advantage of it.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby SouthernStar » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:13 pm

The only match summary so far is from Bundesliga.com and Lille is described as "deep-lying host"... I guess it's pack the defense again team. For those who watched: how's the game really (didn't watch... I have to work in 1/2 hour, early dawn is such a bad time). I just want to know if we had a good game which is what I think matters, no matter what the scoreline is.

It seems Ribery had a hard time going against his former team. Also, how's our chances at goals? Mandzukic hasn't been convincing in CL and I had been hearing mixed things about Martinez's performance. Quick summary please? [-o<

Also what's with us getting 5 yellows (worrying) when they're the ones playing like Pepe on red bull...?!

In the end what matters is 3 points, would have loved a better goal difference to be more comfortable in the table, but we still have a good chance becoming top of the table if we beat Lille and BATE at home, Valencia away might be tricky but doable.
SouthernStar
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby michel » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:33 pm

What a messy game. Here are some thoughts about it at my blog FC Bayern Central.

What bothers me is that Valencia's win could make things more complicated a bit later. Those three-way ties can be deadly in the group stage.
Publisher of Bayern Central
michel
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby michel » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:38 pm

Another thought here: what about those refs? If I compare Bundesliga standards with the Champions League, it's a shame.

Bundesliga refs will usually take the time to talk to players before showing a card, and avoid missing too many calls. In the Champions League, anything goes.
michel
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby dambun » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:40 pm

There are probably many points to be discussed and I haven't even been able to watch the match yet.... But one things for certain IMO... we were tried, lacking enough energy to keep up with Lille who had 1 more day of rest... The reason is that most of our players are regulars for their NTs... So it was their 4th match in like 10 days... Of course they couldn't keep up!

Heynckes' lack of rotation in annoying... we could have started the Duesseldorf match with some of our superb backups... Come on Jupp!! substituting Gustavo with Martinez in not called rotation!... That you did last year with Gustavo and Tymo!
And Gustavo has trained for the last 2 weeks in Muenchen... so he was fresh enough to start this match too.... So the substitution didn't help the energy of the team at all :evil:
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby quaazi » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:54 pm

michel wrote:Bundesliga refs will usually take the time to talk to players before showing a card.

Can't really talk to players if you don't speak the same languages, is all.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:59 pm

I wasn't satisfied with the way we performed... the only positive is that we were able to hold on to our lead...
In order to progress from this group (which was said to be an easy one) we have to work really hard...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby michel » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:31 am

quaazi wrote:
michel wrote:Can't really talk to players if you don't speak the same languages, is all.

Oh, with English, you can still get a lot of communications done. Especially when the ref is from England!
michel
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:52 am

I was surprised by the cards in this game, usually English refs allow a more physical game but this was ridiculous shit was getting real out there and all those unnecessary cards was disappointing.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby kod2600 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:29 am

We're 8-0 in the league and the last thing we need is to prove how we can perform, we were in for the 3 points, and we got out with 3 points. End of the story

But you can sense the players don't want to put too much offer against the team with 0 points, especially when Lille was playing like wrestlers as you guys mentioned before, but they almost got us in the last 10 minutes. #-o
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby huknife » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:40 am

Bah i missed the match cuz this forum still says there is 13 hours to go for the Lille match...!!
huknife
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:45 am

huknife wrote:Bah i missed the match cuz this forum still says there is 13 hours to go for the Lille match...!!

Huh? Where did it say so please? The top bar countdown was definitely fine (I saw it myself) and the time in the first post of this thread is dependent on the timezone of your operating system.

Did anyone else have this problem?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby huknife » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:06 am

MUTU wrote:
huknife wrote:Bah i missed the match cuz this forum still says there is 13 hours to go for the Lille match...!!

Huh? Where did it say so please? The top bar countdown was definitely fine (I saw it myself) and the time in the first post of this thread is dependent on the timezone of your operating system.

Did anyone else have this problem?

Funny, for me it was as if the match was tonight. Oh well.
huknife
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby AvatarX » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:38 am

Commodore wrote:We now have two home games and one away game left. Borisov and Lille won't stand a chance at the Allianz Arena. We need to make sure we win in Valencia so we win the head-to-head against them, which is the tie-breaker if two teams have equal points.

I think we can secure top spot if we draw in Spain and we win 2 other games in Allianz Arena, because we won Valencia @ home.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League