You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2013-04-10] Juventus vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:45 pm

Juventus will win
2%
It will end in a draw
33%
Bayern Munich will win
65%

Total votes : 49

Re: [2013-04-10] Juventus vs Bayern Munich

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:16 am

Another plus after yest match is: that now the psychological barrier we (German teams) had when facing Italian opposition has (hopefully) been broken. We now know that we can beat them...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:31 am

ramsej84 wrote:Another plus after yest match is: that now the psychological barrier we (German teams) had when facing Italian opposition has (hopefully) been broken. We now know that we can beat them...

I saw a post like this from you earlier as well. This is incorrect; German clubs have a positive record against Italian clubs. I had written a blog article about this. Since this article was written, Lazio eliminated two German clubs, but still the Bundesliga had a positive record in direct encounters.

Of course you can't say the same thing about the national teams, but that's an entirely different story.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:14 am

quaazi wrote:No point in crying over spilled milk re: Mandzu, I guess. Yellow cards aren't overturned and we still have Gomez and Pizza, y'know.

Even if it is possible I wouldn't want it revoked. Mandzukic's style is bound to get him another yellow. Better to miss next game than the second leg or potential final.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:30 am

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Another plus after yest match is: that now the psychological barrier we (German teams) had when facing Italian opposition has (hopefully) been broken. We now know that we can beat them...

I saw a post like this from you earlier as well. This is incorrect; German clubs have a positive record against Italian clubs. I had written a blog article about this. Since this article was written, Lazio eliminated two German clubs, but still the Bundesliga had a positive record in direct encounters.

Of course you can't say the same thing about the national teams, but that's an entirely different story.

=D> Thanks
I forgot that S04 - inter match !!!
However it was us who are almost eliminated by serie A (fiorentina not incl) but I remember Milan eliminating us 2/3 times...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby lau03143 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:39 am

walter wrote:I'm watching the game now and the first half wasn't as bad as you, pessimistic bastards, made it seem on the live chat :P

Yeah, first half was fine, they had half chances and so did we.

I was never concerned.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby lau03143 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:40 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
quaazi wrote:No point in crying over spilled milk re: Mandzu, I guess. Yellow cards aren't overturned and we still have Gomez and Pizza, y'know.

Even if it is possible I wouldn't want it revoked. Mandzukic's style is bound to get him another yellow. Better to miss next game than the second leg or potential final.

Exactly.

I'll take Mandzukic suspension for the next game.

We have Pizza and Gomez.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:45 am

Btw, it was very satisfying hearing a die-hard Juve friend of mine (convinced they are the best team in the world) saying:
1) Neuer is the best GK in the world, better than Buffon.
2) It is impossible to get past Bayern's midfield.
3) It is amazing that despite an early injury in each match, Bayern were able to find replacements without a second thought
4) This one is for Borusse: he said that Mandzukic is a great striker, with an amazing work rate and the right attitude. He fell in love with him and wants him in Juve.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:21 pm

Lol the funny thing with point one is that Neuer was never seriously tested in either leg. I can't recall seeing a single save from him where I said "wow" except perhaps one where their attacker was offside and the referee ended the action anyway.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:23 pm

MUTU wrote:Lol the funny thing with point one is that Neuer was never seriously tested in either leg. I can't recall seeing a single save from him where I said "wow" except perhaps one where their attacker was offside and the referee ended the action anyway.

He made a couple of good saves in the first leg. Yesterday he was tested more. The most prominent save for me was Pirlo's free kick in the first half.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:39 pm

That was more spectacular rather than a serious test. It was so close to him that he needed to do nothing more than just stretch a bit. If he let that one go in we'd be here discussing Neuer's big mistake.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:21 pm

That Pirlo shot had a deceptive amount of power on it. Neuer had superb reflexes to save that one, even if it was close to him.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Jorge » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:36 pm

quaazi wrote:That Pirlo shot had a deceptive amount of power on it. Neuer had superb reflexes to save that one, even if it was close to him.

I watched the game with an ex-goalkeeper (now a goalkeeper trainer) and he claims it is one of the most difficult shots you can have, since you do not see the ball for half of its trajectory, you see it only after it goes over the wall with little time to react (in this case the wall was over the penalty spot)

But in my opinion Neuer is far from being the best goalkeeper in the world, he has most of what it takes to be there but he needs to clean some of those blunders and learn how to play it safe. I heard before that sometimes good goalkeepers are like good referees, the less you notice them the better they are and Neuer has the tendency to come up with something to impress when it is not needed.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Jorge » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:44 pm

tflags wrote:Looks like Pizza will be starting next CL match if things stand as they are today. I would rather field Shaqiri as CAM over Mueller. For all the dangerous situations Mueller creates (hell, he probably roams through hell as practice sessions) I just feel Shaq protects the ball better. Mueller needs a bit of space to be epic when he is not in full Mueller mode, Shaq can be dangerous from the start based on recent games.

I am not worried about Mandzukic to be honest. Pizza and Robben seem to be the new Robbery we so much yearn for.

It will be interesting how things will unfold in the next two weeks since Shaquiri seems to be on fire right now and the way a see it when you bring Muller to the center you lose a great right winger and you do not win a good CAM, on the center Muller is more a 9 1/2 than a 10 (you can make the case that Shaq or even Kroos are not 10's either, they look more than 8 1/2 but there are not too many true no.10's anymore.
I believe that if Gomez is given the starting spot in the next CL match it will serve better Shaq on the center behind him and Muller on the right with Robben on the bench for a 60 or 70 min sub role; but if it is Pizarro getting the start then Muller on the center with Robben on the right could be the way to go.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby hhhh4 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:51 pm

Jorge wrote:
tflags wrote:Looks like Pizza will be starting next CL match if things stand as they are today. I would rather field Shaqiri as CAM over Mueller. For all the dangerous situations Mueller creates (hell, he probably roams through hell as practice sessions) I just feel Shaq protects the ball better. Mueller needs a bit of space to be epic when he is not in full Mueller mode, Shaq can be dangerous from the start based on recent games.

I am not worried about Mandzukic to be honest. Pizza and Robben seem to be the new Robbery we so much yearn for.

It will be interesting how things will unfold in the next two weeks since Shaquiri seems to be on fire right now and the way a see it when you bring Muller to the center you lose a great right winger and you do not win a good CAM, on the center Muller is more a 9 1/2 than a 10 (you can make the case that Shaq or even Kroos are not 10's either, they look more than 8 1/2 but there are not too many true no.10's anymore.
I believe that if Gomez is given the starting spot in the next CL match it will serve better Shaq on the center behind him and Muller on the right with Robben on the bench for a 60 or 70 min sub role; but if it is Pizarro getting the start then Muller on the center with Robben on the right could be the way to go.

Shaqiri is a good player what he lacks is the defense skill also he looses the ball too often, but he can change the game with one good pass or one good shot he wold be the better choice if gomez plays i except to see much more of shaq under pep .
hhhh4
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Korea North

Postby sch0ll7 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:22 pm

I am thinking about putting Pizza in...as he can pass and can work with others...Gomez is out of form and dont know if he can make something great. I guess we will see if he can make a case for himself this weekend.

Btw...whole barca semis got me thinking about Pep.

Would he help us with making a tactics against barca and telling Jupp how to hurt barcelona...or will he help barca as he probably saw our every game twice since he signed for us.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League