You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2016-02-23] Juventus vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:45 pm

Juventus will win
21%
It will end in a draw
10%
Bayern Munich will win
69%

Total votes : 39

Re: [2016-02-23] Juventus vs Bayern Munich

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:16 pm

RAJBAYERN wrote:The question everyone in Juventus and Bayern right now could been thinking is: What would have happenned if Juventus decided to pressing our defensive line from the beginning?

The attitude and strategy of Juventus from first half to second half changes completely. From defending to pressing. Fortunately, Robben score in one of the few counter chances we had on second half with a Juve more open and bayern is coming home with 2 away goals.

Allianz arena has to be feel and hopefully those 3 weeks for the next match, Bayern could have Javi Martinez and Benatia fit for destroy the pressing game of Juventus.

Honestly I'm a bit dubious that Juve drawing level was due to a tactical change. At 2-0 down Juve had no choice but to attack. The second goal is a clear example of how teams should play against Juve but as previously mentioned that was more due to a misjudgment by Neuer than any conscious tactical approach.

Juve won't park the bus in Munich but they might be more conscious than they were near the end yesterday. They know that if we score 1 or especially 2 goals it's probably over for them.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:20 pm

MUTU wrote:We scored two against them in their Turin stronghold and could easily have scored others (most notably that missed Mueller chance), despite attackers having to be aware to defend against counters and help the defence. What makes you think we won't score at very least one goal in Munich? This season we scored 14 goals in 3 home CL matches. The last time we failed to score at home in the Champions League was in that 0-4 loss against Real Madrid in 2014.

This. It's not even just that we're VERY strong at home. We also happen to be weak in CL away games (as many of you like pointing out) AND Juve are very strong at home.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AllensRoten » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:37 pm

We're gonna smack Juve in Munich. Call that arrogance or confidence, either way its happening. I respect Juve as a top club maybe even top 5 clubs with psg and the obvious 3. But even in this match, at their own turf, they lacked a certain confidence and fluidity to their play. Their tactic seemed to mostly rely on physically harming our players as opposed to playing the actual game. That tactic won't be as succesful with Benatia whos a solid rock of a defender and Martinez who always fights for the ball. Boateng would've been perfect for this match too, I would've loved to see him toss Mandzukic like garbage, but I digress. We should play the same starters, only difference is to include one of Benatia or Javi for Kimmich. Or if we play both then bench Kimmich and Bernat (I wouldn't mind one bit if Bernat started with Alaba Benatia amd Lahm)
AllensRoten
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:47 pm

Unless there are new injuries I would start this way:

Possibly Bernat instead of Kimmich. He played a good game yesterday.

The reason I would bench Martinez is that he would give us a defensive option once (if) we take the lead. I like ramsej's suggestion to play him in midfield next to Vidal, but feel that it wouldn't be ideal to start that way because if we concede early we'd want another offensive player.

Which 2 start out of Robbery and Costa depends on their form at the time. I listed Ribery here because he's had two brilliant sub appearances, but Costa is also great. It's good to have either of them come in to cause some devastation. I wonder if Ribery might be more effective as a super sub. Pep's call, but hopefully he won't be subbed in so late in the game this time around.

The other players are self-explanatory I think. Alonso might be an option but I think he's unnecessary unless we can't break them down in any way, and even then Pep might prefer Gotze.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:10 pm

Lukas wrote:Mandzukic has turned into a right cunt, but I suppose that's what Italian football does to you

Don't be silly, he's always been like this. He simply used to be our cunt. :D

edit: or what mofattal said
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby zozon » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:51 pm

#12 wrote:
zozon wrote:That's not Neuer's fault. That is Pep's tactics since he came. Same for corners. You'll see this is true next season under Carlo, it will be different.

Thanks...

LOL why the thanks?
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
zozon
I post all the time

Postby bastos80 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:59 pm

Just because Pep's tactic want the players to have a build-up from the back without hoofing the ball forward most of the time, that doesn't mean players can't use their own mind for once and not let Lahm have an aerial duel against Pogba he is destined to lose. I don't think Pep would've been mad about that...

But Pep discussions are banned anyway, just my 2 cents.
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:29 pm

zozon wrote:LOL why the thanks?

Cause you were not mind numbingly defending him but actually making sense... He deserves some credit for bringing up a fierce team yesterday - FINALLY... Unfortunately, he decided to go back to doing what he always does in actually competitive ties... :roll:
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RAJBAYERN » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:55 am

MUTU wrote:
bastos80 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:my biggest worry is that we have BVB before the return!

Bremen actually. There are 5 days between Bremen-Juve and 11 between BVB-Juve...
If that's the greatest worry, we'll make it.

Spot on. In fact I see it as an advantage since we can probably try out the Benatia-Martinez partnership against a top team rather than a team that would pose little to no trouble to our defence.

Also Borussia will play a pressing game, exactly from what I will expect in Juve, so this match is a good preparation for face the second leg.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby BayernLove » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:25 am

quaazi wrote:
Lukas wrote:Mandzukic has turned into a right cunt, but I suppose that's what Italian football does to you

Don't be silly, he's always been like this. He simply used to be our cunt. :D

edit: or what mofattal said

Exactly. You always like a cunt when he's your cunt. Except Piszczek or whatever his name was (is he still a thing?). No one likes him.
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MoFattal » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:49 pm

Grosskreutz :D
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MaCk0y » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:14 pm

bastos80 wrote:Just because Pep's tactic want the players to have a build-up from the back without hoofing the ball forward most of the time, that doesn't mean players can't use their own mind for once and not let Lahm have an aerial duel against Pogba he is destined to lose. I don't think Pep would've been mad about that...

Spot on! Building play from the back is a great tactic but the players THEMSELVES have to figure it out when it is the appropriate time to do that. Like for example this scenario which happens to us every now and then:

We have a goal kick. Alaba and Lahm are near the box to offer Neuer the possibility of a short goal kick BUT they are marked by opponents. What happens? Neuer passes to say Alaba. Alaba immediately passes back to Neuer who then kicks the ball without precision than if he took the goal kick long in the first place. Not to mention the risk of miss hitting the ball or the opponent blocks the kick. There is no sense in playing a short goal kick in this case. Just look at what happened to Ter Stegen in the match vs the USA because he did the same thing.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Borusse » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:51 pm

Piszczek? A cunt? He's one of the most likeable and respectful players in Dortmund.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Bayernbazi » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:59 pm

MaCk0y wrote:
bastos80 wrote:Just because Pep's tactic want the players to have a build-up from the back without hoofing the ball forward most of the time, that doesn't mean players can't use their own mind for once and not let Lahm have an aerial duel against Pogba he is destined to lose. I don't think Pep would've been mad about that...

Spot on! Building play from the back is a great tactic but the players THEMSELVES have to figure it out when it is the appropriate time to do that. Like for example this scenario which happens to us every now and then:

We have a goal kick. Alaba and Lahm are near the box to offer Neuer the possibility of a short goal kick BUT they are marked by opponents. What happens? Neuer passes to say Alaba. Alaba immediately passes back to Neuer who then kicks the ball without precision than if he took the goal kick long in the first place. Not to mention the risk of miss hitting the ball or the opponent blocks the kick. There is no sense in playing a short goal kick in this case. Just look at what happened to Ter Stegen in the match vs the USA because he did the same thing.

Spot on. I thought I was the only one annoyed by this habit which seems to keep going on unnoticed !
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Bayernbazi » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:12 pm

Is anyone following the news about the excessive searches by understaffed police on a large number of Bayern travelling fans which made them lose some of the 1st half ?
Schickeria put a banner upside down on purpose as a protest.

UPDATE. From what I can understand the searches took 90 minutes and all fans had managed to get in 30 minutes into the game. The club seems to be lodging a complaint with UEFA and the matter is being followed up by Merkel's office !!!

The Italian scum TV experts didn't show this shameful episode on the TV ! No wonder Italian stadiums are in the desperate situation they are in ! Maybe they tought that someone was hiding a motorino to throw from the stands ? oh wait that that had already happened for real :verysurprised:

Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League