You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2016-02-23] Juventus vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:45 pm

Juventus will win
21%
It will end in a draw
10%
Bayern Munich will win
69%

Total votes : 39

Re: [2016-02-23] Juventus vs Bayern Munich

Postby MoFattal » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:52 am

Lukas wrote:Mandzukic has turned into a right cunt, but I suppose that's what Italian football does to you

Still shocked and annoyed at how we through away a tie winning position

He's always been a cunt ;) He did the same things when playing with us, and will continue doing so for other teams.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:55 am

zozon wrote:That's not Neuer's fault. That is Pep's tactics since he came. Same for corners. You'll see this is true next season under Carlo, it will be different.

Thanks...

Idk if it's still allowed to discuss the current coach here as long as it's an objective and factual discussion- I hope it is! - so, I'm gonna say a few words here...
There was positive stuff: the team was well prepared, at least at first, and it's not the coaches fault, Müller and Lewandowski were so darn lightgheaded... We managed to make use of their weaknesses (Khedira*cough*), but we were not able to profit from that more - not the coaches fault...

Now the negatives... Even though we were finally able to score away against decent opposition (equaling as many goals as we scored in the last 5 K.O. stage matches combined...), we still were unable to win - again... We still were horrible on defense - again... We gave away a game that was mostly ours in a few minutes - again (this time even with a comfortable lead on our hands...) And we still yet have to see him influencing a game underway in a positive way - at least a big game...
What actually makes a great coach, is what Allegri did yesterday: he made the right changes, changes that lead a game that was going down the drain in another direction, turning around the momentum, especially wrt the second leg in Munich... All of this with an inferior side... THAT's what you want to see from a coach in tight games! He who shall not be named (sorry, just a little joke :mrgreen: , I hope nobody feels provoked... If the mods feel like it shouldn't be in here, just lmk and I'll delete it...) on the other hand just let that happen and was unable to properly react... So despite a very good "plan A", we "lost" this game, because there was no "plan B" or no rection at all...
IMHO, it would have been better to move Kimmich to midfield when substituting Bernat to regain control, and to have Alaba (once again, fierce performance, **** extend him already!!!) securting the center...
No hate or regret for Kimmich though, I remember Alba making mistakes in his first matches as well... He'll learn from this hopefully, and improve... Also, he's not actually a CB, let's hope we have two of those for the second leg...

That draw is gonna cost us IMHO... So there will be a new chance for Guardiola to prove his worth in the rematch - even though we could've won, it'd still be embarrassing to be eliminated after that game and a result that is still not that bad and probably all of us would've accepted beforehand no questions asked... But a lot can happen in this sport, and not taking the lead would make this extraordinarily tough... It'S still a long way to go...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby kod2600 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:06 am

Lukas wrote:Mandzukic has turned into a right cunt, but I suppose that's what Italian football does to you

Are you kidding me? I was like "I miss this asshole" while watching yesterday. That's classic Mandzukic right there. He didn't change a bit.
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:25 am

kod2600 wrote:

Are you kidding me? I was like "I miss this asshole" while watching yesterday. That's classic Mandzukic right there. He didn't change a bit.

sure,,, he is (was) my fav...
Lewa looked like a lamb yest...
Actually he should have gone to the ground when he felt Mandzu hitting him... Naive ...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ottackon » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:00 am

FCB general wrote:
Guardiola did everything awesome for this match except one thing - when we decided to stop in the mentioned minute and when he didn't put Götze and Coman in the game to continue pressing Juventus but took a cautious approach, then the hosts started to play. That cost us victory. We should have played all 90 minutes on 1000% level and now we would speak about something marvelous.

I agree with you but again, it's so easy to criticize after the battle has ended. You never know which choice is the best for your team in the heat of the moment, considering our injury crisis, the fragility of the players coming back from injury and most importantly, the strength of the opposition.
2-2 is a great result for us and most of the pundits (on Sky and Bein) predicted a draw in Turin and a win in Munich.
ottackon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby DerKaiser » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:24 pm

When your ex girlfriend meets your current one.Image
Statistics are like miniskirts . What they reveal is tantalizing, but what they hide is crucial.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RAJBAYERN » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:31 pm

The question everyone in Juventus and Bayern right now could been thinking is: What would have happenned if Juventus decided to pressing our defensive line from the beginning?

The attitude and strategy of Juventus from first half to second half changes completely. From defending to pressing. Fortunately, Robben score in one of the few counter chances we had on second half with a Juve more open and bayern is coming home with 2 away goals.

Allianz arena has to be feel and hopefully those 3 weeks for the next match, Bayern could have Javi Martinez and Benatia fit for destroy the pressing game of Juventus.
Last edited by RAJBAYERN on Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby MillaMjau » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:40 pm

Yep, he's still the same.

Das Runde muss ins Eckige!
MillaMjau
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Finland

Postby RAJBAYERN » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:48 pm

MillaMjau wrote:Yep, he's still the same.

Next time instead of answer it, look for a red card. Fall to the ground and disimulate a punch, a red card to those aggresive zebras will end their aspirations.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby MillaMjau » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:50 pm

Great match, superb first half. After Dybala's goal we unfortunately once again went into the same old "panic mode" and allowed them back into the game. We must learn to keep our cool until the final whistle.

Kimmich was awesome. Everybody makes mistakes and he'll learn from his. Football is about team effort so blaming one player is pointless.

We will make it at home. :coffee:
Das Runde muss ins Eckige!
MillaMjau
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Finland

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:15 pm

they will play the same... defend defend and defend to frustrate us...play for fouls... and try to score us a one goal which might be enough...
I am not so optimistic... :evil:
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:49 pm

Neither am I... This comeptition is as sophisticated as it gets: every damn mistake costs you...
And I know I've been mentioning it too much already, but with the current coach, we make too many of those... At least we scored this time... He has to start thinking about defense every once in a while... Not every opponent is Shaktar or Porto, or ManUre, where you can repair those mistakes rather easily... We desparately need to improve, not only to make it afr in this competition, but also to even reach the QF...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:50 pm

ramsej84 wrote:they will play the same... defend defend and defend to frustrate us...play for fouls... and try to score us a one goal which might be enough...
I am not so optimistic... :evil:

We scored two against them in their Turin stronghold and could easily have scored others (most notably that missed Mueller chance), despite attackers having to be aware to defend against counters and help the defence. What makes you think we won't score at very least one goal in Munich? This season we scored 14 goals in 3 home CL matches. The last time we failed to score at home in the Champions League was in that 0-4 loss against Real Madrid in 2014.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:02 pm

I don't know...:-( I think they discovered our weakness... If they hold on (they are masters in the art of defending) and tire us they will put us again under pressure as they did in the second half.
Our defense is fragile and they know. May Benny and Javi be fully ready ... If that is so I would use Javi in mdf with Thiago and Vidal actually; to have more cover.
Ben & Alaba CBs Bernat Lahm WBs
Mueller(rob)Lewa Costa(Rib)
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:07 pm

ottackon wrote:
FCB general wrote:
Guardiola did everything awesome for this match except one thing - when we decided to stop in the mentioned minute and when he didn't put Götze and Coman in the game to continue pressing Juventus but took a cautious approach, then the hosts started to play. That cost us victory. We should have played all 90 minutes on 1000% level and now we would speak about something marvelous.

I agree with you but again, it's so easy to criticize after the battle has ended. You never know which choice is the best for your team in the heat of the moment, considering our injury crisis, the fragility of the players coming back from injury and most importantly, the strength of the opposition.
2-2 is a great result for us and most of the pundits (on Sky and Bein) predicted a draw in Turin and a win in Munich.

It's not a criticism, it's a fact which everyone could seen it during the match when Juventus started exploiting that. Unlike Allegri, he didn't 'scored' with his substitutions although Ribery was every alive there with the ball in his feet in his typical dribbling and moves which were missing us for a long time.
That was more than obvious during the match. It's an old story under Guardiola; once the team stops playing and kicking asses, our opponent starts showing signs of life. There are no such stories as "we played a perfect game", but from 0-2 to 2-2 and two different playing approaches in the 90 minutes which at first gave you an amazing power on side in Turin and then that sicher approach to lose big capital for the 2nd leg. There is no smooth way in football, if we needed play more aggressive and to pick up 4 yellow cards to protect our 0-2 lead or 1-2 lead, then we'll do it. But we didn't do it. :|

However, we all did take in consideration that we don't have CBs in disposal and we managed to present something brutally convincing(till the 60 min). We don't need to be angry, at least we're are aware of situation that we can't end up with a 2-2 and 3-3 draws or lose the match at home. :wink:
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League