You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2016-02-23] Juventus vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:45 pm

Juventus will win
21%
It will end in a draw
10%
Bayern Munich will win
69%

Total votes : 39

Re: [2016-02-23] Juventus vs Bayern Munich

Postby ottackon » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:14 pm

envagyokazapad wrote:We've conceded goals like this with Boa and Benatia in defense, so we shouldn't be too hard on Kimmich. I'd prefer to keep him in the middle for now, if that means Alaba can play LB again.

I think our tactics were spot on. I'd have subbed Costa off sooner as he looked really tired and we really could have benefited from the additional defensive/offensive game on the left.

What I'm still afraid of is what happens once we get too tired to maintain our pressing (which seems to be around the 70 minute mark).

Good point.
I think it is more a mental fatigue than a physical one, players seem to decompress when the score is in their favor, in the Bundesliga, it's ok, but not against a team of the caliber of Juventus.
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby Kovacic » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:16 pm

It was nowhere a disaster this match. Aside from those mistakes Kimmich made we were doing fine. Presuring them for a good amount of time,I'm almost glad Boateng wasnt here tonight ( dont get me wrong ) cus if he was it would be a one side match, like this we can remember these games when we advance after a win at home :-) . Vidal is the MOTM for me. Lewa wasnt introduced well this game, but maybe that will motivate him in the 2nd game . And Guardiola also made a decent display of tactics today. That shift defence amazed me how well it worked even with players who arent suited for it .

Poslano sa mog 6045K koristeći Tapatalk
Last edited by Kovacic on Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kovacic
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby kod2600 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:16 pm

bastos80 wrote:2nd leg (hopefully)

-------- Lewy --------------------
Ribéry -------- Müller -- Robben
--------- Thiago - Vidal -------------
Alaba - Benatia - Martínez - Lahm
--------------- Neuer ----------------

They'll learn the definition of pain 8)

That's Heynckes 2.0
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby pyrasur » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:18 pm

kod2600 wrote:

That's Heynckes 2.0

Except that's not the formation we will play all game. I mean Lahm drifting and acting as a central midfielder? That's totally Guardiola all over it 8)
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby quaazi » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:21 pm

Pity about those imperfections from Kimmich, but, as said, before the game this would've been a fine result. Still is, really. The last half hour was a proper vintage away CL game for us under Pep, but the first hour was superb. I have every faith we'll see it out back in München.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby bastos80 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:22 pm

kod2600 wrote:

That's Heynckes 2.0

That's pretty much what we got today, except that we'll finally have proper CBs and Alaba can play LB again.
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MaCk0y » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:28 pm

I am only angry at one person. Not Kimmich who did his best, inexperienced, not his position and it was really awkward for him to deal with the first goal. No I am angry at Neuer! Ahhh so angry because it is always the same thing with him! Why doesn't anybody tell him not to put the players under pressure just for the sake of playing a precise ball which we then immediately lose possession of instead of clearing it away as far as possible?

There he is playing a difficult to control ball in the air to Lahm in our own half just from ending a Juve attack with our defense scattered all over the goddamn place and under pressure! It would have been better for Lahm to actually head the ball out to a throw in instead of trying to head the ball to one of ours. Why Neuer? Why didn't you just kick the ball up the field ? Ahh so frustrating because it was so easily avoidable and because I know he will do it again.

On the other hand we keep our tradition of getting the first yellow card for a not so bad foul while an opponent player was already fed up of fouling our players and was even asking himself why he wasn't booked yet.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby envagyokazapad » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:30 pm

ottackon wrote:
envagyokazapad wrote:We've conceded goals like this with Boa and Benatia in defense, so we shouldn't be too hard on Kimmich. I'd prefer to keep him in the middle for now, if that means Alaba can play LB again.

I think our tactics were spot on. I'd have subbed Costa off sooner as he looked really tired and we really could have benefited from the additional defensive/offensive game on the left.

What I'm still afraid of is what happens once we get too tired to maintain our pressing (which seems to be around the 70 minute mark).

Good point.
I think it is more a mental fatigue than a physical one, players seem to decompress when the score is in their favor, in the Bundesliga, it's ok, but not against a team of the caliber of Juventus.

I thought the same thing maybe a year ago, but seeing how Barca outran us last year, I started thinking it's more of a physical issue.
This is only really an issue because we can't seem to defend deep at all.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:49 pm

as most of you said I would have signed for a 2-2 away score but not when we were 2-0 up :evil:
Lewa disappointing me a little (OK he was marked very well)
Vidal was superb ... hope he continues like this...
As for Kimmich I don't blame him; especially in the second one, it all started from Lahm's double mistake.... and as someone correctly said we conceded far worse goals with the Boa - Ben pairing!
Italian media is having a field day criticizing Kimmich [-X claiming a penalty in the first half ... Lewa was off side when Mueller scored and when Robben scored there was a foul... Purely Italian cry babies...
However they can foul and threaten as much as they like cause the Ref was in their pocket... booking ours only, both Dybala and Mandzu should have been booked and suspended for next leg.
I am not comfortable with the 2-2... They will be tougher to beat at the back esp when Chiellini returns...
ITalian media kept reminding us that once we drew in Milan 2-2 and came to defeat us in Munich - 2007 when DvB scored a brace... :evil: :evil: :evil:

forgot to say... Costa was so evidently tired - should have been subbed 10 mins earlier...
When they saw Ribery on the pitch they started shitting their pants.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

[2016-02-23] Juventus vs Bayern Munich

Postby MoFattal » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:54 pm

To be honest, I would have preferred a more catious approach and subbed in Alonso in place of Costa after their first goal. That is not to say that Ribery didn't resurrect our attack, of course.
Last edited by MoFattal on Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Achilles » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:55 pm

Douglas Costa tonight was the worst player on the pitch, Ribery did in 8' minutes what Costa didn't all the game...
It's an annoying result considering the overall performance of the two teams, Bayern should have won this but as always we have been very generous and we offered them some goals, today was Kimmich(no problem,he played nice) in the past Boateng,Dante or Neuer same old Bayern, unbelievable!

Give Ribery some rythm he will eliminate them on his own, it will be insane if we got eliminated from this Juventus team at our stadium. Honestly Juventus made a performance for the ages I have never witnessed such a poor & frigthened Juventus team ever and here is the real problem if we can't win or kill a game like this against such a pathetic performance of our opponent how we can win the CL ? Food for thought...

Pep got it right till the end but he should have subbed off Costa earlier, the Benatia-Bernat sub was right and clever but then... Kimmich happened unfortunate young lad today,he had another solid game but his inexperience at this level cost us big time. Robben & Vidal were fantastic today, we need to gear up at Allianz Arena, it was a really troublesome result today,we dominate the game we were up 2-0 against a poor performance from our opponent but still we didn't win...
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Postby kingbayern » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:25 am

I am soo angry that we threw await a game to a side we are clearly better that...Ahhhhhh how did we draw that match. I amma have to take a run to blow off steam.
kingbayern
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Jamaica

Postby envagyokazapad » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:30 am

Achilles wrote:Douglas Costa tonight was the worst player on the pitch, Ribery did in 8' minutes what Costa didn't all the game...

To be fair, Costa played from the beginning, against a completely set defense, he was constantly double or triple marked. Ribs came on when they were a lot more tired and left a lot more space open.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Postby Pittbay » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:37 am

I only saw the first half, so naturally I'm pretty disappointed. I'm really happy about Vidal's performances. He's been a bit up and down this year but his form right now is probably the best in our jersey.

All in all 2-2 is a good result. In München it'll a fun game.
Pittbay
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:43 am

I agree with most of what you guys said. Vidal was a beast, Robben is getting back to form, Costa was poor (although heavily marked), Kimmich was unfortunate to be fielded against great opposition in an uncomfortable position, etc.

Two things I want to add:

- Müller's passing game is way off. Not just today, lately.

- You don't give enough credit to Juve and Bayern. They weren't poor in the first half, we were brilliant (although it is true that they begun the game with bad tactics). We're clearly weaker when pressed high, which is what they did in the second half, but they were really solid all around. Pogba -in particular- was a monster, so many interceptions and so good at pressing, while also fast and smart attacking.

Let's cross our fingers for a proper CD pair for the return leg and let's show them what Bayern Munich is all about! :)

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
Last edited by PunkCapitalist on Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League