You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2006-09-27] Internazionale Milan vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for the match?

Poll ended at Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:21 am

Internazionale Milan win
17%
Draw
42%
Bayern Munich win
42%

Total votes : 12

[2006-09-27] Internazionale Milan vs Bayern Munich

Postby MUTU » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:21 am

Matchday 2 of the Champions League. This is arguably the most difficult already-set fixture that we have this season. Inter have made some major transfers this season, and after losing their first match against Sporting Lisbon, they will be very hungry to bag the 3 points against Bayern. They will attack from the word go.
Last edited by MUTU on Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby kevh26 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:20 pm

after inters result against lisbon, I fancy our chances, we just have to be as tight as possible at the back, and not lose our concentration... Let's just pray its a better performance than our last at the San Siro!
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby podolski4life » Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:27 pm

This one's gonna be a tough match. I predicted Bayern win. I think the key is if they can get a fast and strong start.
"Tactics? What tactics?" - Mark van Bommel to Felix Magath after being accused of lack of effort and tactical discipline.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby BMike86 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:36 pm

our defense hasn't set in yet. it will be vulnerable in the center. and the attack doesn't work much on the road to start off with, especially historically at Bayern attack on the road is almost nonexistent. so it will be a very interesting match. i think with Viera out it will make it more managable.
BMike86
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby diegis » Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:31 pm

i think it will be a draw
probably 1-1 :roll:
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Mirage » Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:01 pm

I voted Inter win, but I really don't know. It could go either way. I hope I get to watch it.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby fanOfBayern » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:06 am

I will go with Bayern...
but might be a draw...or may be Inter will edge it...
But we definitely do have a great chance if our strikers are alert and take their chances.
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby Sabik » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:35 pm

hopefully we gonna win,but it will be very difficult to score.
we have to go the fight with inter and then we will have a chance.
Sabik
Getting the hang of it

Postby Mirage » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:02 pm

It will be a great match so long as we don't roll over and let them walk all over us :S I'm just worried about Inter are such a class act, or have been in the past anyway.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby BMike86 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:15 pm

Mirage wrote:It will be a great match so long as we don't roll over and let them walk all over us :S I'm just worried about Inter are such a class act, or have been in the past anyway.

I think everyone will be worried. no matter how good or bad the clubs are in this competition you have to be worried because any loss or draw could mean your clubs exit. even against spartak we were worried quite a bit. Inter seems to be the toughest club in the group, and they edged out Roma I believe earlier in the week 1-0. Hopefully they haven't figured out how to work yet. With all the new players they still need some chemistry and they are lacking some attack because of it. Its a good thing for us though. Hopefully we can take advantage of this by playing great defense and countering the crap out of them and hopefully one...possibly two will find the back of the net
BMike86
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby MUTU » Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:26 pm

Today they won 4-3 at home against Chievo. Crespo opened the score after 11 minutes, Samuel got the double in the 58th minute, then Stankovic scored the 3-0 in the 64th minute and Crespo got his second goal 6 minutes later to put the score at 4-0. But Chievo attempted a brave fightback and scored on 77', 86' and 88' to set up a tense finale. But Inter held their own and won the match.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Mirage » Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:28 pm

MUTU wrote:Today they won 4-3 at home against Chievo. Crespo opened the score after 11 minutes, Samuel got the double in the 58th minute, then Stankovic scored the 3-0 in the 64th minute and Crespo got his second goal 6 minutes later to put the score at 4-0. But Chievo attempted a brave fightback and scored on 77', 86' and 88' to set up a tense finale. But Inter held their own and won the match.

Some fightback, wow. Well even though Chievo lost, that's good. It sounds like it was quite sloppy of Inter to concede all the goals despite been 4-0 up.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:37 pm

Traditionally, Inter have never had a rock-solid defence. And their team lacks teamwork.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby podolski4life » Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:24 am

If we can exploit the lack of defence and teamwork, then we should be able to grab a win.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby BMike86 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:37 am

they were up 4 goals to Verona and gave up 3 in the second half and nearly lost the full 3 points! they aren't full strength, plus they will be lacking Viera, they are definitely still a strong club to fear but we can take this one if the boys are motivated like they should be. Crespo like I have said is the only person that I would really be worried about on their club right now, the guy is just flat out feeling it.
BMike86
Woah, this feels cool!

Next

Return to UEFA Champions League