You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Informal Interview with City Fans 9/27/2011

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Informal Interview with City Fans 9/27/2011

Postby Aequitas1987 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:43 pm

Heres an informal interview I conducted on the City forums and two guys were nice enough to answer me.

1. Where do you think this game will be won or lost? Central Midfield? Wide Areas? and how do you think Mancini is planning on winning that battle?

c4lv3rt I think we'll start with Dejong, Barry and Yaya in the middle, imo central midfield will be where the game is won/lost.

doomuk I think the wide areas. We are better through the middle but think your excellent wingers could put a lot of pressure on our fullbacks if were not very carefull so its important we close them down early. For me, if we stop your wingers we can win.

2. Do you think that the highly taxing Everton game will play a big part in this match or does City's depth have enough quality to still come out on top?

c4lv3rt I think we have more than enough strength in depth, the Everton game was tough but our defence wasnt tested atall. It will get a big test in defence tonight but i believe the quality of our attacking options is more than capable of getting a result.

doomuk I dont think it will make a lot of difference. The team are up for it and all want to play every game. For this reason they know each of them must continue to fight for a place in the team.

3. Who do you think is your most valuable asset against Bayern's defense? The highly creative Silva, the quick dribbling maestro Aguero or the absolute master-class finisher that is Dzeko?

c4lv3rt For me its David Silva we woudn't be anywhere near as effective/creative, he brings the likes of Dzeko/Aguero into the game with ease at times. Absolute joy to watch is Silva and so consistent too.

doomuk Attacking wise Silva. He is a very special player.

4. Which player do you think will be the key to Bayern controlling the game and how do you think Mancini plans on stopping him? Schweinsteiger in mid, Gustavo on Silva, Ribery, Robben, Gomez etc?

c4lv3rt I would say Schweinsteiger he is the ultimate midfielder imo, Dejong is key for us as i feel we will play on the counter and get stuck in in the midfield. We need to keep the ball and frustrate the team and fans for as long as possible. If we let your midfield have the ball it could be very dangerous. Ofcourse Robben (if he's fit?) will cause anybody problems along with Ribery. Im quietly confident about our fullbacks though who should be very fresh and up for the challenge tonight.

doomuk Robben and Ribery. Both very fast and very attacking. I think we will play Zabaletta at right back for his defensive qualities and whoever plays at left back will need help from Gareth Barry as both of our left backs are very attacking.

5. City has played attacking football so far this season and if they do plan on playing attacking football again in Munich, what type of attacking football do you see your team playing. Do you think it would be the more possession style football of Arsenal, Barcelona? Do you think its the very direct high conversion football that you played against the likes of Tottenham? Or do you think you will play speedy players for attacking counter-attacking football, like Napoli did against you guys?

c4lv3rt I feel we will definately play on the counter with Aguero/Tevez (whoever he picks?) Silva and Nasri. As above possession is massive for us tonight i'd rather we kept the ball and be as patient as we can, Napoli did this extremely well and defended even better than they attacked.

doomuk I think we will play possestion football and try to use Silva and Aguero to pick our way through your midfield.

6. Do you think this game will be won or lost in the first half or the second half and why do you think that?

c4lv3rt This season we seem to be playing better and scoring more goals in the second half so if its 0-0 at HT il feel much better, first goal is always crucial for both teams.

doomuk I think both teams need to play for the full 90 minutes. I game like this can be lost in a single second.

7. What do you think is Mancini's backup plan if Silva is marked out of the game?

c4lv3rt Marked out of the game? No-one can he's MERLIN!

doomuk We have enough creativity in the team to find holes in your defensive if you man mark any of the players. If you Mark Silva then Aguero will drop deeper, or Nasri, or Tevez etc etc.

8. Who would be your ideal 3 substitutes coming into the game in the second half and at what times do you want them substituted for various reasons?

c4lv3rt Difficult to answer because there is different decisions for different circumstances, I'd really like to see Dzeko tonight back in Germany for the first time since leaving there. Shame about Mario being suspended, he is the one player we've got who can offer that touch of class naturally.

Really looking forward to tonights game and nerves are starting to kick in come on CITY.

doomuk Impossible to say without knowing the starting lineup and how we are playing at the 60 minute point. If Johnson is fit and Tevez starts from the bench then I would like to see them brought on with enough time to make an impact and not leave it too late like we did against Napoli.
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Informal Interview with City Fans 9/27/2011

Postby Aequitas1987 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:45 pm

A lot of their fans rely an often lot on Silva. If Gustavo does what hes good at, this game will be ours. He has to have his best game in a Bayern shirt (specially with Badstuber out).
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby sch0ll7 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:21 pm

I also think that this match will be won in midfield...Let's hope Schweini and Gustavo do their job and keep it tight because I have this bad feeling about DVB against their attack:)
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:11 pm

Agree. Midfield is were the game will be one
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Mr.S » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:25 pm

I have been shouting the same team. Silva runs the show for City,if Gustavo marks him out we have an 80% chance of winning,ofcourse we have to cnvert our chances & not make silly defensive mistakes.

But I do think after Robben,Gustavo will be our most important man tonight. Obviously wing play would be key. Neither Kolarov nor Clichy are very good defensively & Barry is so slow I dont see him posing any threat to Robben. I fear Mancini will go back to 4-3-3 & feed De Jong & Yaya to Robben & Ribery & have Barry at CDM. If is is zero at half time he will bring in Nasri & Tevez. Aguero & Silva will probably behind Dzeko(who will play because he knows Bayern & Bundesliga very well).

I would hate it Robben is used as a tackling fodder for De Jong. The man is a hooligan & I am ashamed he plays for Holland,should have been kicked out of the NT million times.
Mr.S
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Manchester City C

Postby petean » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:25 pm

Yesterday I visited Munich with friends and family to watch the game and I would like to say a big thank you for the welcome we received in your city. It was a great experience, magnificent stadium, fantastic fans and a very impressive football side which we aspire to emulate. Everything about your club said elite. Hopefully you will enjoy your visit to Manchester for the Champions League return leg ( maybe not the game though) when hopefully our team will play for longer than 25 minutes

Rücksicht
petean
First post

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tflags » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:57 am

I have posted this before, those City fans can be really classy. You are always welcomed to the forum. C U on the return leg.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:53 pm

petean wrote:Yesterday I visited Munich with friends and family to watch the game and I would like to say a big thank you for the welcome we received in your city. It was a great experience, magnificent stadium, fantastic fans and a very impressive football side which we aspire to emulate. Everything about your club said elite. Hopefully you will enjoy your visit to Manchester for the Champions League return leg ( maybe not the game though) when hopefully our team will play for longer than 25 minutes

Rücksicht

Glad you enjoyed the City :)
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Re: Manchester City C

Postby uzi716 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:33 am

petean wrote:Yesterday I visited Munich with friends and family to watch the game and I would like to say a big thank you for the welcome we received in your city. It was a great experience, magnificent stadium, fantastic fans and a very impressive football side which we aspire to emulate. Everything about your club said elite. Hopefully you will enjoy your visit to Manchester for the Champions League return leg ( maybe not the game though) when hopefully our team will play for longer than 25 minutes

Rücksicht

I only wish some of your fellow fans are as classy as you. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.
uzi716
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to UEFA Champions League